I feel like Jello!!

• I just had my first session at the gym with a trainer and oh BOY - I feel like a bowl of Jello ! This was a complimentary session that came with my membership and I have to say, it was nice having someone tell me what I should be doing. HOWEVER, the cost to continue with a trainer is expensive!

Just wondering how many of you work with a personal trainer. Is it worth the cost? I'm also reluctant in that I am brand new to the gym (any gym) and want to make sure I feel more comfortable before committing to something else - though the trainer said this would help me be more accountable (though of course she's a saleswoman, too.) Thoughts???
  • Maybe a few sessions, if your not familiar with the equipment or how to use it. But I personally wouldn't continue once I had the PT create a routine and show me how to correctly use the equipment.

*EDIT* - I don't think most of our BIGGEST losers here (myself included, although I'm by far NOT the biggest loser..haha), have lost tons of weight and toned up fabulously WITHOUT a PT.
  • Thank you for your reply! But I'm unclear on your edit - are you saying most folks DID or Did NOT use a PT to get fabulous results?
  • I use a personal trainer only because it's free through my work gym. I've been using him for the last couple of years (off and on). For the most part now, he creates workout programs for me to do on my own. We sit down periodically to talk about my progress and my goals and he'll create new programs consistent with that. I absolutely love it; however, if I had to pay for it I would probably do without. You can accomplish the same thing on your own.