Questions about hummus

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I do love hummus! OP, we use it up way before it goes bad, but I have seen a few people at work lately with individually packaged serving sizes of that brand with the red lid I can't think of right now. I'm sure they're more expensive, but cheaper than throwing any away -- and they're so cute!
  • The brand for the little individual servings is Sabra

I LOVE the red pepper hummus too. The whole grain chips from Target go wonderfully with it. Fortunately I have learned what portions are and eat enough protein that I can actually have chips with hummus
  • Ohh, individual Sabra servings? I must find those--that way I can try out all their other flavors.

Sabra is great stuff.
  • Nola, I don't know if you have a membership to like a BJ's or Costco type of place, but that's where I have seen them. Good luck!
  • Nelie, good to know you can freeze! thx
  • I get the Trader Joe's 3 flavor one and love it, we get a couple at a time and freeze them. I like with jicama and carrots. It is also good on a sweet potato.
  • I usually make my own hummus, as dried chick peas are so cheap (and I'm a broke college student...)! I love adding Sriracha (it's an Asian hot chili sauce... it's in a big red bottle with a rooster on it) to the hummus before using it on anything. I generally do it on sandwiches or wraps, or for a snack with baby carrots, bell pepper slices, or baked pieces of crispy pita!

Also I never knew you could freeze it! That's a great suggestion!