Going to be on a weight loss panel tonight

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm nervous! My spin instructor asked my best friend and I to sit as panelists at her "New year weight loss challenge" event tonight. We've each lost over 80 pounds. She's going to ask us questions about our journeys and about how we keep it off. I'm not exactly a maintainer, so I'm not sure I can speak to that. I have a plan, but I haven't actually lived it.

Anyway...I'm nervous. I'll let you all know how it goes!
  • How very cool!!! You have a lot of knowledge and experience to impart to others. Good Luck and Have Fun!!!
  • Wow - how awesome! I have no doubt your experiences will be very helpful for people. And while I lurked on the maintainer's forum, someone mentioned that anyone who loses a pound and keep it off is a maintainer, so you qualify!!
  • Eliana, you are one of my favorite posters. What you have to say seems so wise and pertinent. Your audience will be people who want hope and inspiration for their futures. You have that to give in abundance. Have fun!!
  • Awe shucks, thanks guys!

The instructor jokingly said next we'll start touring and will be too busy for her little shin-dig. LOL! Wouldn't that be fun though? I would love to be one of those women who busts through the poster/life size picture of herself 80+ pounds lighter.

I was watching a Nutri-system infomercial just for the before/after interviews. I kept thinking, that could be me!! Except I've never done Nutri-system. There's no infomercial for calorie counting! LOL!
  • Eliana, You will do Fine. Have Fun tonight. Your an Inspiration to Me!
  • Congratulations, Eliana! What splendid recognition for your efforts and struggles. Let us know how it goes.
  • That's so exciting! Let us know how the whole thing goes.
  • Quote: Awe shucks, thanks guys!

The instructor jokingly said next we'll start touring and will be too busy for her little shin-dig. LOL! Wouldn't that be fun though? I would love to be one of those women who busts through the poster/life size picture of herself 80+ pounds lighter.

I was watching a Nutri-system infomercial just for the before/after interviews. I kept thinking, that could be me!! Except I've never done Nutri-system. There's no infomercial for calorie counting! LOL!
    There should be! You'll do terrific. Can't wait to hear how it went.
  • Eliana, you'll be great. So many people here have been inspired by your "commit to staying on plan for one year" approach - I am sure your audience tonight will be inspired as well.
  • That is so exciting!!
  • Eliana- I love reading your post ~ you have been such an inspiration to me! You have a lot of good weight loss experience to help someone else who is struggling with this problem. You go and enjoy it tonight!
  • Eliana, I am sure that you will be great. Just remember that you can really help people. Talk to them like you talk to us!
  • Aw-- you're going to do GREAT! I think it's a wonderful thing to have the opportunity to share what you've learned!!! I really think a lot more people would lose weight if they just knew someone who had actually done it. It makes it seem more possible!
  • This is so wonderful and a testiment to your wonderful accomplishment!