Hiya

• Hello. I'm 35 years old and a SAHM with 3 sons. I would like to lose about 35 lbs. A big problem I have is portion control and not wanting to waste food. So not only do I clear my plate, but if my kids have extra tasty things like french fries left over, well, I might pick at those too.

It won't be too hard for me to give up soda, ice cream, and alcohol since I've done that before. But I am addicted to Arizona Green Tea. So substituting water for that might be a bit hard for me. Another thing, I snack a lot, on junk.

I have a gym membership, and I go twice a week, but I honestly don't push myself at all. I also do roller derby, but I'm not yet a rollergirl. We have practice twice a week where I do break a sweat, but I think I need to be in better shape to do a better job there.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!
  • I have portion control problems too. I think it comes from the good old days when your mother tells you to eat everything on your plate. I am new to this site too. Glad to see that you are here.

I have a problem with coca-cola, I drink way too much. If you like Arizona Green tea, I would like to share that I have always thought that the Diet Arizona Green Tea tastes better and doesn't have that nasty diet flavor. I swear by it. I know that when I stop drinking soda that the diet green tea (has to be Arizona) has helped me.
    Try it. You may be surprised if you haven't tried it before.
  • Thanks for the tip with the Diet Arizona tea. I've seen it at the store, but never even thought to try it. I will probably give it a try to help wean me off it, haha.

I also have a problem with soda when it's around. I basically have to tell my husband we aren't allowed to buy it anymore. Last time I cut soda and ice cream from my diet I lost 5 lbs.

Nice to meet you!
  • Welcome! Portion control is a key, and a big problem for me too! I had to completely eliminate soda for a long time to I could think about it clearly. Whether you cut it or cold turkey, slowly ween yourself, or decide to keep it; you have to give yourself to distance so you can think about it clearly.

What I am learning, is that the problem is the mindless portions. The catch is to stop yourself long enough to think about it, then hopefully make a decision based on logic, not reflex. I thought I was learning, but clearly, after Christmas, then this past week, it is something that still needs to be drilled home.
    Hang in there. You have come to a great site for support and encouragement . Looking forward to hearing your progress!