January Thread

You're on Page 7 of 19
Go to
  • I'm glad everyone is doing so well.

I'm a little bummed. I hit my first gain. I'm up .5 lbs. It's not much and I know its probably water or something ridiculous but it still messes with my emotions. I had to fight the urge just to give up and go on a fast food binge. I guess I am just venting and will get over this soon. Why do these changes have to be so darn hard?
  • Had a bad day or so. It has been snowing, and I'm stuck at home. Home days are already bad for me...and its worse that I'm cold and lethargic feeling. And my husband didn't come home- instead he stayed at his moms so he could easily get to work. So I'm home alone, bored and cold....I had a bad food day yesterday. Ate ice cream and pasta for dinner.

Trying to be good today. But I think I'll be home all day today and tomorrow. Trying to get my mind off the food in the pantry and occupy myself.
  • I'm struggling a little bit today, too. I'm glad I got a snow day (I'm a teacher) to relax, but for some reason it's making me lethargic. I got up early with hubby (he wanted me to drop him off at jury duty), but then I came back and dozed off on the couch. Lost the whole morning. I did go out and shovel a little--just the walkway, steps, and back patio--but I'm really struggling to get my water all in today.

So weird, since I did really good all weekend.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little cabin fever-ish, since I spent most of the weekend getting caught up on stuff in the house, and now I can't really leave.

Razorbackbritt-- sometimes throwing stuff away, as wasteful as it seems, is better than having it around to eat when you're really tempted. Remember my "truffle smash"--it was empowering, even when it was irritating to me to throw away perfectly good (and not terribly cheap) food.

Hopefully we'll all snap out of it by the end of the day, and be able to start fresh tomorrow.
  • LOVE snow days. School was cancelled and I made the hubby stay home from work. We all packed on the clothes and went sledding this morning. It was a great workout trying to carry my 3 year old up the hill in the snow. I made sure to take a drink of water every time I got back up the hill. It helped me drink a lot of water and made sure I was staying hydrated.
    This afternoon we are making a fire in the fireplace (it is in the basement so we don't use it very often) and snuggling and playing games. Did I mention I LOVE snow days?!!!!

Hope those of you stuck in your homes find something motivating and distracting.
  • I'm sitting at works STARVING. I can't wait for dinner. This is the part of the plan I do not like....no options for a healthy snack if you need it between meals. But, I hope that joining MRC soon will help with that in that I can make some HNS gelatin (I tried with homemade HSN last night and it did not work out well ). Oh well, I know it will be worth it in the end. I am just gonna do my best and push through until I get to where I need to be.
  • Quote: I'm sitting at works STARVING. I can't wait for dinner. This is the part of the plan I do not like....no options for a healthy snack if you need it between meals. But, I hope that joining MRC soon will help with that in that I can make some HNS gelatin (I tried with homemade HSN last night and it did not work out well ). Oh well, I know it will be worth it in the end. I am just gonna do my best and push through until I get to where I need to be.
    The hunger moderates, but you really have to hold on by the skin of your teeth for a few weeks! I was not a happy camper! lol! I read this quote that said, "Mommy's on a diet and we're all gonna die!" Not too far from the truth...

Hang in there, it WILL get better, I promise!
  • Sooo super bummed! Finally made it into the 100's (was at 199 on Friday) and weighed in today back at 200lbs. WHAT A FREAKING BUMMER!

I had a kidney stone I think I passed this weekend so I had no choice but to drink some cranberry juice all weekend and it finally passed but at the sabatoge of my weight. Gained a lb.
    I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I feel for all of you that are snowed in! I find it much harder to stay OP on the days I'm home than the days at work. I always thought it would be the opposite. At work, though, I'm busy and I've packed my lunch so the food options are reduced.

Here's to all of you getting back to a normal routine and out of the snow soon!
  • Hang in there, everyone! It's so easy to get motivated right at New Year - staying on plan seems easy! But, a couple of weeks go by, and it just the same old boring routine day after day...but remember, that same old boring routine is what gets you to goal. I've read a lot of articles on what celebrities eat (tabloids are my new vice, lol!) - many of them say, "egg whites. fish. chicken breast. steamed veggies. all the time."

I'm sending out a challenge to everyone to try something new this week, preferably that gets you moving! Remember, winter can cause depression from lack of sunlight so make sure and get your vitamin D and sit near a window a few times/day. I just started hip hop and I absolutely love it - it has me moving in these negative Colorado temperatures.

Love to you all! Have a great, OP week!
  • my willpower had got up and moved on !!! I am struggleing so bad right now to stay on plan! Its nuts! Why Oh why am I having such a hard time....I know the diet works, I know I feel better when I stick to it, I know the cravings go away....and most importantly I Know I am bigger and stronger then the dang cookie!!!! SIGH
  • I am back on track today. I am at work and I packed my food. I made myself some breakfast and got the baby to daycare. It's freezing but I am on plan. The food pushers are here but I am doing this and I am going to get through this plateau.

I am wearing a pair of jeans and a sweater that I couldn't get into a month ago as inspiration all day. No one has said anything positive, but I know I look better.

One person said "Oh is that the diet where you starve all day?" I let them know that I was not starving by any means.
  • Well, slugging down the water on Sunday--even though I really didn't want it and struggled to drink it--paid off! I weighed in today, and I'm down 4lbs! Totally unexpected--I figured I'd lost 2 or 3 lbs, max. The water probably helped, but it probably had more to do with 1)ended my TOM on Sunday and 2)I quit snacking in the evenings on Friday.

Only 18.5 lbs from goal!!

Funny, though, I'm more excited about being stronger and feeling more fit by the time I hit goal (in March), as that's the same time I'll be taking a kayaking class at the university (to get ready for kayaking on our honeymoon in Alaska in June!).

Keep trucking, ladies--we can do it. I'm proof!
  • Having a better day today. I think my main issue is that when I get off program majorly, I quit drinking my HNS (I feel like I'm wasting them if I'm n eati right) and I know that not drinking them doesn't help me. So I'm fully back OP, drinking my 4 today, and I worked out today. I am LOVING my Zumba Wii game....take a class in my living room! I'm doing some housework, then I might do some more Zumba!

I will be out of town for a couple days (going with the hubby on a business trip) but I can stay OP while we are traveling since its not a fun trip...but business.

For hatesthesweatpants try something new challenge- I tried my Zumba game on Expert today....and finished it fine! Woohoo!
  • If I hear the word PLATEAU one more freaking time I am going to scream. I worked out everyday this week, maxed out my HNS, didn't go off plan once, and still only lost .5lb! I get plateaus are a good thing. I'm drinking 120 oz. of water a day. I just don't get what else I can do. I hate the answer that I must be going through another plateau. PROVE IT! It is just some unscientific B.S. that means I must have done something wrong this week.
    Yep, mad that I only lost 1/2 lb in 5 days. All my hard work is paying off and I do see a difference in myself. Just wish the scale would see that same difference.
  • I know its hard, but keep pushing through. And just because you aren't losing weight doesn't mean you aren't losing inches and getting smaller. Last month, I only lost 3 pounds....but lost 9 inches (what I've been losing in inches every month!). Your body is working....just keep working the program!

Did you talk to the center about your excersize? Maybe you are getting too much?