I would love exercise...

• IF it didn't make me so gosh darn sweaty!

Today I started exercising. I have been monitoring diet for a few weeks and thought I would start the New Year off by committing to exercise daily. I bought the Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start and did the 10 minutes of cardio workout this morning. Ten minutes doesn't seem like enough to even make a dent in anything I have to accomplish, but I'm a bit hesitant to do more. I'm have the notion that if I do a lot right at the start I'll burn out after about a month and just say F*%k it. That has been my past experience, anyway. I don't want that to happen this time so I'm taking it pretty slow.

I wonder if anyone else has/had this issue when first starting out? Do/did you find it as frustrating as I do... because I FEEL like I should be doing more, but don't wanna tank my efforts..
  • If all you can/want to do right now is 10 minutes, then that's a good start.
    You can add more when you feel like it. There's no right or wrong.
    But, I will say that sweating is part of it. Learn to love the sweat and know that it's a good thing
  • Wicking clothing will help manage the sweat.

Try teamestrogen.com, Champion, Danskin, Moving Comfort, or SportHill for plus-size wicking clothing. Look for blends of man-made fibers, no cotton whatsoever.
  • Sheri, I did my first workout using The Biggest Loser Kinect last night. I was watching the clock during the WARMUP! LOL That's how hard it was for me. I can not believe how out of shape I am and how little endurance I have. I made it through a whopping seven minutes before stopping and was drenched in sweat. BUT, I am so going to do it again tonight. Maybe I'll make it to eight minutes. You know what they say--fall down seven times, get up eight. Here's to both of us getting up this year!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!
  • I tend to just walk, do yoga, hike - not stuff you really get burned out on. Maybe try something like that.