A New Year = A New You! January Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome

You're on Page 4 of 67
Go to
  • Morning girls, happy Sunday!

I feel rather thin today, haven't weighed myself but I definitely feel... lighter, I guess. Huh, weird.

Breakfast was three ricecakes with jam and the rest of the lemon tart we had yesterday. To be fair, there was only a little sliver of it left xD

Lunch will be beef casserole, nom nom.

Dinner... no idea as I'm going to my friend's house, but she always cooks up something nummy and healthy as she's on a health kick at the moment as well.

Exercise... well, the walk to my friend's house will be it, but it's up and down the Hill Of Doom both ways so I don't feel TOO bad xD
  • Good morning,

Breakfast was a serving of Egg beaters, bagel thin, and slice of cheese. I did add a bit of salt/pepper and hot sauce.
    S: will be 2 clementines
    L: Bean and cheese burrito, wheat thins and layered dip
    S: Carrots
    D:Same as lunch

Not a great day and I didn't count calories. I am going to just try to limit proprotions for a week or two and see where this get me, and then if I'm not doing well I'll have to start counting calories again.

I also need to get in 2 miles on the tredmill tonight.
  • Good Morning!!

So many new faces! I love it and WELCOME!!!!!

I am in the middle of a 2.8 whoosh UP from yesterday. Gotta love the fluctuations. Oh well. I've been roughly 85% on plan. Admittedly snackier than usual. I am certain that things will all calm down once I can get back to the normal routine for a few days.

Glad to see everyone today. I'll try to come back later for some personals.
  • Good morning all and thanks for the warm welcome.

Yesterday was a bit tough, since it was a holiday and the weekend. (Nice excuses, right?) I mean everyone knows, you MUST start a diet on a Monday! Despite that, I'm down one pound, so I feel pretty good and motivated to make this a better day.

I've thrown out/given away/made my family eat all of the holiday goodies that were left and will be grocery shopping today for the "right stuff".

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Good Morning all,

Don't really have any plans for the day. I am actually still in bed with my coffee, computer and newspaper. LOL! Tomorrow is my official start day. What are the thoughts on coffee? I like it with a little flavored creamer, I figure it is better that diet soda or energy drinks. I really have a problem depriving myself of everything I like (not sure if that is the best idea?)

My plans tomorrow are to stop drinking soda and energy drinks except as a treat maybe once per week. I will be going to the gym 5-6 days per week doing both cardio and strength training. I am going shopping today to buy good for clean eating. One of my struggles is to eat enough because I am not hungry (I know it's important though) so I will make the effort.

I created a blog and am committed to posting in it at least every other day.

Anyway enough from me today.

Have a great day!

Rachael
  • Quote: Stacy: That sounds like a good idea, I will have to look for one. Do you just put it over the seat of the bike you are using?

Roxanne
    Yes- it slips over the seat and secures with a tie.

Also, it depends on the teacher. I don't go to spin on Fridays b/c the teacher has you sit most of the time. My teacher on M-W and Sat has has peddling while up out of the seat...which is actually easier on the legs.

I just really love spinning and feel like I really burn calories. I've only been doing it since September and can already tell a difference in my legs.
  • Does anyone use bodybugg? Saw one of those online yesterday and was enthralled with the idea of it. I seriously want one except that most of my exercise is water aerobics and they are not water proof.

Roxanne
  • Okey, going to start with Bfast.

1 english muffin with 1 tbs of lemon curd (my weakness)
    1 scrambled egg with some Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute instead of salt
    1 Cup skim milk
    1 BIG cup water

Mid morning snack-1 small handful of golden raisins

Lunch: French Onion Soup (homemade, so not a lot of salt) with some Asiago Cheese, 1 slice whole wheat bread. 1 cup skim, 1 big cup water

Dinner tonight: TBD........

Excercise: Hitting the gym today, beginning the C25K program today.

Some things I've downloaded onto my phone that are going to help me with my battle:

Application: Cardio Trainer
    -Pedometer, tracks distance, calories burned, workout reminders, pounds lost, coaches you during your workouts---progress, pace, etc., and integrates with the mp3 player on my phone. Cool little application, log your height and weight, and your goal, and it will help you set up the rest.

-C25K Pro---integrates with mp3 player, and coaches you through the program! Works Great!

-WW Points Tracker (even though i don't follow the program), it helps me track calories and get my 8 glasses of water in. Scan the barcodes, it logs it for the day, track it daily, cool little gadget.

-
    one that I want to try----"Move your Bot". It's a game linked up with other friends that use the program, kind of competing to get "activity points" for the game. I haven't played it yet, haven't found anybody to link up with over FBook to play the game with. Cute concept though.

Anyways, thought I'd share for any other smartphone (android) users out there if they haven't found these cool little applications that are available.
  • Another ear infection! My ear is on fire and I am so frustrated. My favorite form of exercise is water aerobics and I am getting sick and tired of getting ear infections.

Roxanne
  • LOL, I'm FINALLY dragging myself back in here after welcoming the new year a little too enthusiastically. Going light on the daytime eating + wine + party = a VERY intoxicated Pint. I gained 3.5lbs just from that party from water weight and today I'm juuuust starting to shake off the headache and nausea. My fingers are soooo swollen. I suppose once every few years I have to remind myself why I don't drink more than a glass or two of wine.

I'm going with the weight I was at on New Year's Eve morning, which was 153lbs.

Good luck ladies!!
  • My plan for the day:

B: 2 pieces toast, 1 T jam, 1 oz cheese, 1 tangerine

L: grilled cheese sandwich, 1 c tomato soup

D: ham tetrazzini, 2 c brocolli

Snack: 2 c raw cauliflower, 6 T fat free ranch

Exercise: stationary bike 30 minutes

Roxanne
    Started my journey on 9/8/2010
    mini goal: 10% loss (261)
    mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
    mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
    mini goal 4: move into onderland
    mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
    Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost:

Goal One Ticker:

End Goal Ticker

Keeping Track of my loss
    September 2010: 4 lbs lost
    October 2010: 11 lbs lost
    November 2010: 5 pounds lost
    December 2010: No loss
  • Lindsey I love water aerobics, PLEASE get a bathing suit, and enjoy the water. LOL now thats an order.
    Just kidding of course. But really, do it.

Jen i have an Mpv player, where can i get the program. I searched all around today but found it in 9 seperate downloads. Thanks.

So many new people
    Welcome! lol ill try to keep up.

Have a bright and sunny, healthy day full of love!

• Roxann I have a bodybug. Nope it did not help me lose weight, but i loveeeeeed knowing my calories and the breakdown of proteins, carbs, fats ext. It also tells of the calories burn, steps taken.
    You use an online program which costs money monthly. Its really awesome, but its not the bug that loses weight. If i did 1 hour of water aerobics i could manually put that into my activities, and it added the calories burned. Yell if you have anymore questions.

debbie
  • Thats MP3 Player...yep im old and not up with all this cool stuff. d
  • debbie---which program? I use the mp3 player on my phone, and downloaded the programs from the app market on my phone.