2011 has got to be better, right?

• I started 2010 so optimistic, mit was going to be a great year, I was losing weight, getting healthy, and knew it was going to be a great year. Then reality hit me and I'm no where near where I thought I wouldbe. Things started falling apart the first week of January when we found out my dear MIL was terminal with cancer. In Feb my father almost died from a bowel obstruction (again cancer) and he started living with us and I learned how do do a lot of medical stuff. March my Mother was diagnosed with lung cancer (please quit smoking now) She wanted to go back to her apartment so My brother and I took turns with her until she passed, 10 days after her diagnosis. My MIL passed a week later, I lost 2 mothers in a week. I am also unemployed since June, and now DS is deploying to the middle east just after the first of the year. I know this year has got to be better and I'm going to work to make it better but I'm ending 2010 with a hearty good ridence and a prayer for a better year.
    Bette K
  • Bette K, I really feel for you! What an incredibly difficult year! You're amazing to do something like try to lose weight after all you've been through. I think many people would have crumbled! I am wishing you a healthier, happier 2011! You most certainly deserve it. Also, I'd like to thank your son for what he's doing for us and I wish for his safe and speedy return!
  • Hugs to you Bette K. I will keep your family in my well wishes and hope that the new year treats you better than the old year did.
  • I'm really sorry for your loss.I lost my dad in March and my grandma (Dad's side) in September. I'M SO GLAD HORRID 2010 IS OVER!!!!!
  • I agree that 2010 was by far one of the worse (if not the worst) year. My dad almost died from heart failure. Luckily, he got a heart transplant a few months ago and is slowly, but surely, recovering. Admist all of it, I lost my best friend's friendship because I had to pull out of her wedding as maid of honor due to supporting my family. She didn't understand why I had to completely be at my dad's side, so she abruptly ended our 11 year friendship. I ate my emotions away to deal with the stress and pain.

It's the new year. Now that dad is doing better, I can start focusing on myself again and start losing the 25lbs of emotional weight I've gained in just 2010 alone!

Here's hoping 2011 is indeed a much better year for all of us!
  • FreeBird3, I simply can't believe that your friend didn't understand your need to be by your dad's side during such a difficult time. I wonder if she was really a friend? Just a thought.
  • I'm very sorry for your losses . You should be so proud of what you have accomplished. I wish for a better year for you and your family.
  • Yes, it has to be better. :-)