Team Red Lace Chat

You're on Page 2 of 12
Go to
  • My two resolutions are

fast food ONLY once a month(eventually not at all) and only healthy options within my points range.

Go to the gym for one hour at least twice a week(hoping to get more like four times in but with two little ones we shall see.)
    Most Recent NSV: maintaining my sanity while working 60-70hrs a week
    Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:17 lbs (just starting again, so I am expecting a big drop my first week back)
    Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:Calorie counting
    Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I'm going to the Edwardian Ball in 3 weeks and I'd like to look more stunning than I did last year. Also over the holidays my boyfriend asked my dad's permission to marry me so the ring isn't too far off and I want to be a smoking hot fiancee!
    Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Last year I worked hard and lost nearly 60 pounds. Then life happened, I moved, got promoted to an extremely stressful position with a horrendous commute attached to it and baisically stopped looking after myself. 35 pounds have reclaimed me and I am looking forward to getting back on track
  • I've never been big on resolutions, but I set some this year.

First to go back on birth control (is that a weird resolution? Maybe, but I've been putting it off forever)

And second to finnish writing my novel.
  • New Resolutions:
    #1: To pass this exam I failed last fall for my job, it's coming up in April and I decided everything else will take a back seat and I will pass it! I will have to put in about 200 hours on top of working a full time job so its going to be tough.

#2: Get to and then maintain under 150lbs all year

#3: (Depends on if I pass the exam) Apply for an MBA program for the Fall of 2012. I have to take the GMATs so more studying and finding a school I want to go to.

Good luck to everyone on achieving your resolutions, hopefully this challenge will be a great jumpstart for some of them.
  • Yep, I made just a few XD

1. To make resolutions every month, and complete them.
    2. Fat Smash.
    3. Return to Tai Chi.
    4. “4000″ minutes of exercise.
    5. -1lb a week.
    6. Update blog every day.
    7. Use scar cream every day.
    8. Drink 4-5 bottles a day.
  • This WILL BE the year I finally quit smoking. I have gotten my weight under control and will be continuing to work to goal and hopefully also quit smoking by September when I turn 30!
    Most Recent NSV: FEELING bones! Seems weird but they'd been covered by fat for so long and finally I can feel them and see them shining through in pictures!
    Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 16-20lbs
    Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: We have an 8 week boot camp challenge coming up, so if I can drop 16-20lbs I will def win! And it will be a year free of boot camp! Working out always makes me more cognizant of what I eat throughout the day as well.
    Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: My mother is here until Tuesday, I have to get through her leaving and me binging to heal my feelings. =( And then lose the 2lbs I gained while she was here!
    Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Loving life!

Most Recent NSV: I Can Pull On An Old Pair of Size 7's. Just Can't Zip Yet.

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 15 Pounds

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Slim Fast Diet Shakes & Fruit & Vegetables

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I work by myself in the evening at a very small hotel. I basically watch tv all night, and check in the occasional customer. Eating due to boredom is a big challenge due to that.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm hoping to lose about 50 pounds overall.
  • KRIZ! That is my big resolution this year too! I turned 30 in October...and I plan on quitting as soon as I reach goal. I am hoping to be at goal by May 20, when we go home for my sister in law's graduation. And our 7th wedding anniversary is the 21st, so double the motivation! That means 39 lbs in 5.5 months. I really think I can do it. With the bridesmaid duty coming up as well, I have all the reasons in the world to kick this last 39! I have to lose 2 lbs a week to make it. KEEP ME MOTIVATED girl!!
  • Kriz and Jaimie- I hope you guys do great with that resolution. As soon as I can mantain a healthy weight I'm going to add that to my list of resolutions. But I still have a ways to go and am not wanting to overload myself with too many changes at once, i feel like i'd be setting myself up for failure. But best of luck to you!
  • I do have resolutions weight and non-weight related, but my number one priority is reaching my health, weight and fitness goals. Here are some of them:
    1) banish overeating/binging for good
    2) being able to do a split, chin up, 10 male push ups with perfect form, run 10k, than eventually run half marathon
    3) make healthy eating and exercising a habit/ lifestyle
    And really, just take my life to the next level overall, be a stronger person, achieve more (school wise), have better relationships with people. Live.
    I had a bad couple of months, I actually had a pretty crapy 2 last years, but I'm really bursting of energy and desire to improve everything, so this is my Winning season
  • Jaimie - Let's do it. Our goals are so similar and you already know, three musketeers! We are in this to LOSE IT haha ...I will help keep you motivated!

I heard about that Allen Carr book, I will let you know how that goes when I start reading it, all my friends SWEAR by it and the reviews look GREAT.

Irish - I hear you. When I first started I didn't think I could do too many things at once either. I am on my way and truly believe I can give it a go foreal now. I think working out helps. I want to run a 5k or 10k by March sooo I gotta give it up...it makes me feel sick all during boot camp. I gotta stop!
  • Hey ladies!

Here's a banner is anyone wants to put it in their sigs...

Just click the picture symbol and enter this link...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a...ge/RedLace.jpg

Tuesday... YAY!!!
  • Kim- Nice banner! Thanks for all the work you are doing!

You guys have some great resolutions! I kind of gave up on the New Years resolutions a few years ago and told myself if I want to do something then I need to do it here and now. Really I am just living in the moment and taking one step and a time to get back into the swing of things and then I start making more long term goals again. Right now my goal is to make it through P1D2 of SBD! Day 1 didn't go so well unfortunately, but I stayed within my calorie limit, so that is a plus. And I exercised! Huge NSV for me haha. Today will be SBD on plan though.

How are you guys doing with your plans?
  • Allen Carr book???? I am not sure what that is, but I am totally going to google it now! And yes, we can do that together too, Kriz! Wonder if Mary smokes....I am a 'closet' smoker, I don't do it in front of anyone unless they have known I smoke...I don't do it at work either. Infact, it took me 36 days to smoke a carton, which is only 5.5 a day. So I am hoping quitting won't be super hard on me.