It wasn't what I thought it would be...

• I woke up very happy this morning and thought I would share...
    If anyone has read any of my post you remember I am a total sweet freak. The last few weeks I have looked so forward to Christmas because I was going to eat cake, fudge, etc. for the day.
    So the day came and boy did I eat! And yes it did taste very good but...
    by the end of the day I was kinda sick at my stomach. And that night I could not sleep very well- my stomach rolled around and I had weird dreams. The next morning I had what felt like was a hangover. A horrible headache, feeling icky. I ate back on plan and all those bad feelings got better. At the end of the day after eating more healthy choices and eating much smaller portions I felt good both physically and mentally.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is it was not what I thought it was going to be. I think where I went wrong was in the moderation department. That was always my problem before...moderation. If I had only ate one slice of pie and cake it would have been ok. But I over indulged.
    I learned something about myself this past holiday. My old way of eating is not even me anymore. I am changing in the way I eat and feel about food. This new knowledge is very exciting to me. I'm going to make it this time. <mary tyler moore hat toss emoticon>
  • Sometimes a messed up tummy is all we need to realize that we aren't that person anymore- glad to hear it!

I tried eating the old way I did before one day- and omg yeah- it wasn't pretty!
  • Good Job. I use to love sweets too. On christmas eve I made a cake and the frosting smelt so fake and disgusting to me I never went near it (first time I cheated on weight loss journey I had a pieace of cake and got sick). I made tons of cookies and ate 4 on christmas day went over my calories it didnt bother me at that time but I also had trouble sleeping that night well yesterday I ate 2 cookies counted in my calories and my stomach turned it made me feel sick needless to say the cookies do not look tempting anymore so its a good thing in away that it made u sick now u wont really want it anymore. I never went near the choclate candy in the dishes either i never wanted any.
  • This is something I want - to change my habits so that I don't want to eat sweets, and get sickish when I eat them.
  • I think what I would learn from that, is that I could enjoy some tasty treats once in a while IN MODERATION! Sounds like you forgot that part, lol. That's ok, lesson learned. Enjoy some treats, dont deprive yourself, I find deprivation only sets us up for failure.
  • Quote: I think what I would learn from that, is that I could enjoy some tasty treats once in a while IN MODERATION! Sounds like you forgot that part, lol. That's ok, lesson learned. Enjoy some treats, dont deprive yourself, I find deprivation only sets us up for failure.
    Yes your right! The lack of moderation is what got me in this mess in the first place.
    Twinmomma- a little off topic but I wanted to say hi, Every day when I post on the merryscalemas thread yours is before mine so I have noticed your progress. You are such an inspiration!! Happy New Year