15th of the month - was a little late this time!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • 65.2lbs difference between the photos.
    82.2lbs lost all together.
    55.2lbs lost since the 2010 rrreee start.
    12.1lbs lost since the 15th of last month. It's been an interesting month, and I didn't seem to get round to photos until the 21st.
    Happy with the diet though.

January 2009/225lbs December 2010/159.8lbs
  • Wowwww! You look phenomenal! Years younger, too--are you Merlin, to age backwards in this fashion?

Truly, you look lovely and I hope that my results are even half as good as yours have been. Thank you for sharing photos of yourself as you lose; they're very inspirational!
  • Aw shucks, thanks NC, that is so kind of you! Aging backwards, lol!
  • You look stunning! Such big eyes!
  • I saw your other post about the inches lost and was impressed. But to see the change in your picture really floored me. You really have become younger!
  • You're looking lovely! So much younger! How is this possible??
  • Nice work!! You look happy with the woman you've become!!
  • Congrats!
  • Wow, You look Fabulous! Keep Up the Great Work!

• You look fabulous!
  • WOW!! You do not even look like the same person. Your eyes are more open and alert and your skin just glows. You look fabulous ~ congratulations!!
  • You look wonderful. And I bet you feel loads better too. I have been watching your posts and been inspired. Thanks for sharing!!!!

I know you are on a modified carb/calorie diet. Do you have a typical days menu, or do you wing it and keep track??
  • Thanks, Bunti!

In this run-up to Christmas (eating up to make space for festive food), coupled with weather bad enough to limit my shopping choices a bit, I've been more winging it but I've been trying:
    to keep my carbs at 40-50%
    to keep my calories at 1400 (apart from a recent 30 day flirtation with 1200)

My standbys are
    Breakfast: 1/4 cup oats microwaved with water + 4oz plain set yogurt and 1/2oz ground flaxseed/nut mix + 1 tsp sugar
    Lunch or Dinner: 4-6oz king prawns (shrimp?) either with mayo and salad, or with stir-fried veggies.

The first keeps me full for hours and the nut/sugar mix tastes decadent.
    The prawns are such a luxury food from childhood that again they taste a real, decadent treat, and have very few calories.

I always log 1 pt of semi-skimmed milk into my budget. I don't very often have any milk at all in my coffees throughout the day but try to have a 'treat' cup of milky coffee in the evening. It only takes 1/2pt, so that gives me a 100 calorie buffer.

Once Christmas has gone (I'm so looking forward to Christmas this year!), oh yes, and the Israel trip in January, I'm going to do a month of the Carb Lovers Diet, using their actual recipes, not just their rough principles.
  • You look so lovely; congratulations!!
  • Dang, girl, you're doing great! :>