could a home kit be bought at a meeting center?

• Hello, sorry if my questions seem crazy, but I'm confused!
    I was looking at the home kits to purchase online, which are $100, but noticed that some people have bought kits for $45 at a meeting center. could I just walk into a center, and purchase the kit, or does the center make you join weight watchers first, then let you purchase the kit?
    Basically, I'm trying to save money if I can. Im excited to start ww, but need the materials first.

Thank you for any info
  • I have seen this question in a few places and the answers are always no, you must be a member.

Try Ebay. I have one coming to me for under $60 (included calculator). Not as cheap as from a meeting but way cheaper than the WW site (plus shipping was free).
  • You could buy all your materials at a center to get started if you wanted to, you'd have to join and pay for that first week (which for me was 39 bucks) then buy the starter kit with your books, calculator etc or buy them each seperately, the kit is 35.00 so you could save about 25 bucks doing it that way rather than buying a kit off ebay
  • Thanks for the info girls. I'm trying to find the least expensive way to get the ball rolling. I think as far as support goes, this place would be wonderful for that. Now I need to figure out the best way for me to get the materials, and get started.