First Mini Goal completed

• Hello all,

I set a mini goal (or what some may consider a major goal) to lose at least 5 pounds in the month of December.

Food of course is a HUGE part of this month with lots of parties filled with tasty tempting treats.

I have set my mentality that I can enjoy the food and treats, just not in excess or to the point of sickness as in previous years.

I do not know what I have done with my attitude to make me feel so strong but I am hanging on to it!

Anyway, back to my goal. As of this morning when I weighed in I have done it! I have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks and that is WITH going to two parties where I enjoyed the treats and foods I wanted to.

I have just made sure to get a heck of a lot more exercise than I have in previous weeks this year and to eat really carefully and healthfully at home. I am so excited.

Next mini goal: maintain that 5 pound loss till the end of the year, making it to New Year's WITHOUT having to set a goal to lose weight.

If I lose anything more during the next two weeks AWESOME (I will still be maintaining my plan of mindful eating at parties and careful planned eating at home, plus lots of exercise).

I used to think 5 pounds was not such a big deal, but I know it is and thankfully I have a wonderful husband who supports, encourages and joins me on this journey.

Thanks for reading, I am just so excited to share this milestone with people who GET IT!

Merry Christmas,

Michelle
  • Yay! Five pounds is a very big deal!! It takes me anywhere from 4-6 weeks to lose 5 Lbs. Really good job!
  • Congrats!
  • Way to go! I think that is great that you accomplished 5 lbs during this time of year.

Just a little willpower sent your way to get you through to the new year.
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congrats! That's great!