My nutritionist diet - Low carb

• Hi all.

I went to see a nutritionist more than a month ago. I followed the diet for 3 weeks and lost 3 kilos. I then got sick with severe bronchitis and was admitted to the hospital and stayed there for 3 nights I then left the hospital and tried to go back to the diet but couldnt take it so my mom was so mad she told me to stop it. I was then also on antibiotic so I needed strengh.

I am going to go back on the diet, but I want your input. Do you think it is a good diet? Friends have seen this nutritionist and have lost a lot of weight. She told me I will be able to lose 4kg in the first 3 weeks and then every 3 weeks will lose 2 kilos. She said I can reach my dream weight of 58kg - I weight now 73.. I weighed before having baby 64.. height is 1,69cm

So diet goes like this:

NO
    Cereals, breads, lentils, cakes, peas, beans, fast food, crackers, potatoes, pasta, noodles, rice, carrot, corn, beets, milk, yogurt, NO FRUIT.

Allowed list
    Coffee
    creamer non-diary -- 6tsp per day
    mayo fat free 1 tbsp per day
    sugar free candies - as much as I want but I usually dont have any
    Sugar free Je-llo - 1 cup a day
    diet soda
    ketchup - 1tb per day
    mustad dijon
    pickles
    condiments

Meal plan usually is like this throughout the day I can spread it as I want to. I mentioned no bread but she allows me a small piece.

I am allowed 6 tbsp of oil. It can be olive or regular oil. 8 pieces of olive equals 1 tbsp of oil. I can use these to cook what I want.

- 1 bread unit such as 2-3 toasts or 2 baby baguette, or 4 crackers
    90-120gr of white cheese - no need to be fat free
    - 6 tbsp of greek yogurt (only this can of yogurt allowed)
    - 1 egg
    - 400 gr of mean, chicken, or fish. - on this I am allowed 1-2xweek 2 pieces of escalope or 8 nuggets.
    - salad with veggies not stated in the NO list
    - I can do any food with veggies like casserole with the oils allowed.
    - I am allowed 1 unit of sweet like 2 chocolate finger or 3 scoops of ice cream fat free/sugar free or 2 scoops regular ice cream
    - allowed per day 1 cup of pumpkin seed.

I am going back to do it, Just hope I stick with it..
  • This sounds interesting, but there are so many foods cut out!

Carbs kill me. It's like they turn straight into fat once they hit my lips, so I really need to work on cutting them out of my diet.

So far, I've just cut the pasta and bread.
  • Holy cow. That is sooo freakin' strict, I couldn't stick to it.

You need to read Mark's Primal Blueprint (and visit his excellent website at marksdailyapple.com -- go to the forum for tons of info on nutrition, weight loss, health, fitness, RECIPES). It's low carb, but HIGH fat.

You will lose weight and not have to deal with grams of this or that.

The no list is pretty similar = no grains, beans, few fruits.

It's HEALTHY and you'll lose.

Join our thread here too - Primal/Paleo! Lots of support!
  • And by low carb, I don't mean no carb. Many primal/paleo people eat up to 100 grams of carbs a day (in vegetable and fruit). It all depends on your personal metabolism.
  • It's fairly healthy. I don't think artificial sweeteners are very good. The more vegetables, the better.

I second marksdailyapple.com & his primal blueprint diet. I also find it more fun to think of myself as a cavewoman. People have had phenomenal results after following his diet.
  • Sounds very restrictive. I believe in fruits. I was on a plan once that allowed fruit before 4PM. I still use that as a rule.

Good Luck!