Calculating confusion with new plan - may be stupid question!

• I have a bag of frozen broccoli in a low-fat cheese sauce, and I'm kind of confused about how to calculate it with the new plan. It's only 1P+ per serving all in, so it's not that big of a deal, but I was just wondering if it would in fact be lower because the broccoli is free.
  • i'm not sure, but i probably would count the 1 point per serving, just because of the cheese sauce........pesky pesky cheese
  • I believe you calculate it all, you don't subtract out the broccoli since you can't know exactly how much is there and how many calories it has, etc.
  • Thanks, that what I figured...but since it's so low point I thought I'd see if someone had better info. :-)
  • I also would go by the bag and plug in the stats. Safer that way, and then measure it out also
  • There is a post on the WW board which notes that if otherwise "free" foods are in recipes, one must still figure the entirety of the recipe (whether we make it and/or it is created by a restaurant and/or pre-packaged). The reason given is that the way the fruit/vegetable works may change when it is mixed in with other foods.