WW 20-Somethings December Thread

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Oh and I say load up the thread with pics. I love pics.
  • Oh, boy, do I have days like that too, Kay. Stupid belly,
    Okay, but the second that I start getting obnoxious with pics, let me know

1.5 hours until work lets out.
    Sad how it suddenly feels like high school, just waiting for the last bell of the day to ring.
  • I have noticed that most of my weight seems to be coming off of my trunk (belly, rib cage and shoulders). In my old pictures I can see how I was kind of buried in my fat, kind of just a puff ball everywhere ya know?
  • i love pics! bring them on. yeah...i'm horrible with makeup too. that's actually one of my goal dealy-o's- i want to buy some nice makeup off of etsy and wear it more. i rarely wear it. i'm also a stay at home mom and live in yoga pants and tees, yes, i know i'm a living stereotype. i love it.
  • Oh I love makeup! My sister does the Mary Kay thing so I have been through like a million of their tutorials. You just have to play with it. Like a teenage girl in the bathroom for hours. LOL try different looks and look up youtube tutorials. SO fun. I am such a girl.
  • I am such a ding head! I found this forum and was really excited, then I forgot to bookmark it and had the hardest time finding it!! Then hubby mentioned when he wants to find a thread he's looked in before, he just goes to his profile and looks at all thread activity....durrrr. Too bad he didn't think to tell me this DAYS ago!

So, I weighed in on Wednesday and even after Thanksgiving and eating out for the first time on WW, I lost 1.6 pounds! I got a Bravo Sticker for it!!

I am excited about the new plan. I feel more satisfied. I am just kind of bummed that my favorite english muffins are now 3 points+ instead of 1 point. But, my daily points are up (I feel like such a cow--33 points a day, really?!??) and I am still freaking out about the 49 points a week!?!!!

I am psyched about free fruit because I am more of a fruit person than a veggie person anyway. There are only a few veggies I will eat and hubby gets sick of the same old, same old!

Okay--weird question--did/has anyone else experienced a lot of gas from the diet change? I feel like I should be on the 'Beano' commercials! Hubby is noticing the change in his body too! I am the cook and I plate our meals at the counter, so he's basically on WW too. He's just not whiny with the gas like I am! My body has also rediscovered it's intolerance for lactose!

And another question. Who has the Dining Out Guide and/or the Complete Food Guide for the new points plus program? I am wondering if it is worth it to buy them. I can get both, plus the 3 month tracker for $20.

ANNNNNDDDDD I'm done!
  • hey everyone, new to posting on this forum (i hope thats ok!)

i restarted WW in August, and life got in the way- after a shift in my life, i've been finding it easier to stick to plan and i've been doing well for the past month i do WW online, and i find it to be fitting well for me. do you think its worth it to buy a calculator for the new plan? i normally find everything i need online...

some of my goals for this month are to not binge, exercise again once my tattoo heals, and to stick to plan when i go back to nyc for the holidays

i hope to give you all the support you give each other.

cheers!
  • Quote: I can't wait to try that Chicken broccoli bake thing. looks so yummy! I also have a goal of more cooking so we will have to share some recipes once you get started.
    The Chicken Divan (Chicken Broccoli Bake) was awesome! I made it for hubby last night. He had 2 servings! I had one and I really wanted to go back for more, but I sat and waited a little while and felt like I was satisfied! Plus, I really wanted to enjoy some hot cocoa before bed!

I have tried several of her recipes and they all come out great!
  • Zan- That new haircut is fierce, I love it! And about the fruit... our leader explained it to us this way, WW planned the "calories" into your day based on a 5-serving-per-day USDA food pyramid guideline. So that much IS built into the plan. As long as you're not going too far over that you should be OK!

Love all the chatter by the cat-ladies! I'm a dog girl myself, not for lack of trying though. I like cats, but am allergic. Boo.

MrsD and Kay - I've made several of her recipes and they are AWESOME. I made the homemade pumpkin butter and it was AMAZING.

Hope everyone's week is going well. My first WI with the new plan is Thursday, and I just started really tracking today. Took yesterday to eat some onion rings and read through materials. On second thought, maybe the onion rings weren't such a good idea....

Happy Monday everyone!
  • zan - LOVE the hair. Absolutely love it. (can't remember if I said this yet, if so, just reemphasizing how much I love it)

Quick post - serious binge this weekend. Can't even describe it, not sure the last time I've done that...just trying to get through the next ten days. I can do it. Alright, if I'm not on in the next two weeks, don't worry. I'm alive and somewhat-well. Just busy busy busy!!!
  • Hello Ladies. Wow, it is hopping in here!

Firstly, Zan, I love the new hair! You look like such a friggin' badass

I was not at all excited about the new plan, mostly because even though I do love the fruit, I also love the drinking, and alcohol seems like A LOT more points now. Damn them and their encouraging of healthy habits...

But, I think the new plan has wound up being a good thing. I finally singed up for the etools, and it's totally got me on plan and tracking again for serious. I'm trying to stay within my pre-maintenace points for a couple more weeks, just so I can get comfortably into the lower end of my range and not have to worry so much about water weight or... ahem... digestive issues, but I'm actually pretty excited about things again. I especially love the recipe builder and since I've got a decent amount of time for cooking right now I've been making up a lot of recipes, with mostly good results.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting to know all the new people and I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!
  • Hey Ladies!

I re-joined last week and weighed this morning. I'm up 4 lbs from pre-Thanksgiving, but a lot of that is water due to TOM.

I'm excited about this - hoping it works
  • My leader told me that the food guide was great and that she'll put one aside for me when she can get her hands on one.

But the dining out guide, for us, was kind of useless. A lot of the restaurants in there we don't have around here and most places have nutrition facts online.
  • MrsD and Misstraveller- The recipes all look amazing so it is good to hear they taste as good as they look.

I am having a crazy insane work day. I am swamped. So I thought I better pop in at least once today. :/
  • Quote: My leader told me that the food guide was great and that she'll put one aside for me when she can get her hands on one.

But the dining out guide, for us, was kind of useless. A lot of the restaurants in there we don't have around here and most places have nutrition facts online.
    I was wondering about the Dining Out one because of the fact that I can look stuff up on-line. I guess I would like it best when traveling.

The thing is, I can get the 3 month tracker and the complete food guide for $16, or all three for $20....See what I mean?

I guess if I find I don't use the Dining Out guide, maybe someone one here or one of my "real life" friends will use it!