December Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome

You're on Page 25 of 44
Go to
  • Thanks for the welcomes, LittleLindsay and Diana!

I'm leaving to go on my morning bike ride.

Y'all have good days todays.
  • Pineapples Hi Have a great ride!
  • Good Morning all!

Lindsey--That's totally me too! When dh is gone, I sleep with lights on in the house. *lol* Your candles sound wonderful. I love candles!

Diana--I'm with Lindsey...I have those moments daily, too. I'm glad you got some good makeup tips and thanks for letting me know about the L'Oreal! I am incredibly pale and have very dark hair, so I always look like a ghost...or at least a goth! I never know how to truly do my makeup to help combat that. I might try that bronzer trick.

Vixsin--I remember when we were in England, we could get Tylenol with Codeine over the counter!! Yet, if I asked for Hydrogen Peroxide or Rubbing Alcohol, they'd look at me suspiciously. Glad your dental torture is over. How are you feeling this morning?

Pint--Yikes, what a day! I'm glad to hear your water is back, though!

Pineapples--Your morning bike ride sounds wonderful. I want to go!!

So, last night I was coughing so much that I didn't get to sleep until 3am!!!! Ugh. Then, we had to get up at 6am to get the kids ready for school. I'm so tired and my chest and stomach ache from coughing so much. But, I'm getting a good ab work out in...right? It's all about the silver lining! I was also down a smidgy (.4 down despite the lack of sleep). My new goal is to arrive in Onderland by Valentine's Day. Oh, how I look forward to the day!!!!
  • Good Morning Girls!!!!

Today's word is WHOOOOOOOOSHHHH!!!!!! I am down 2.4 to 218.8!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!! I mustve stepped on the scale atleast 25 times and giggled with glee every time that number came up! I am 12 pounds away from my lowest recorded adult weight of all time. I just feel so grateful today.

Thank you to all of you for being on this journey with me and helping me stay accountable and helping me to keep my head in the game! It really does pay off. Not just with weight loss, but also with all the friendships we make in these groups. There is NOTHING in this world greater than the support of your friends and family. I am proud to be here with all of you! I love you guys!

Diana: In no way, shape, or form did you sound the smallest bit vain! You have been on such an amazing weight loss journey. It's not enough to see the numbers going down on the scale. To me, it's ALL about liking what you see when you look in the mirror. I am slowly starting not to cringe when I look in the mirror now and it's a great feeling. I am really happy for you to be realizing that the "you" you have always pictured or seen is now changing into the you that you see in the mirror! I think it's great!

Pint: I hear some wonderful things about that Mineral make up. I think that may be something that I splurge on maybe at my halfway point of 50 lbs lost. I hope you do attach pics, I'd love to see them. Hoping things are better for you today. I'm glad you make time to come here everyday, we're all thinking about you as you go thru this stressful time.

Shells: That is amazing about England. I can't imagine getting a "look" when trying to buy peroxide. Prince Codeine was good to me last night. My jaw is still super sore today but it's a tiny bit better. It was so worth it for the money I saved by getting all of this work done. I went to a local college that has a Dental Hygenist program and they have a clinic that's open to the public. If you're chosen and they pair you with a student, you can get your teeth cleaned and xrays done all for 30 bucks. The work I had done on my teeth wouldve cost me a MINIMUM of 1000 dollars, so to me, the pain is worth it.

Linds: Your candles sound amazing! I LOVE candles!!!!!

Pineapples: Enjoy that bike ride!!! And Welcome!!!!

BBL
  • Vixsin!!! That's awesome!!! Your hard work is paying off!!!
  • Pineapples - Hi and Welcome to the thread! It's great to have you join us!
  • Hello Everyone!

The sun is actually out today!!!!! It is still super cold but at least there is sun.

Here is my plan for the day Weds 12/15/2010

B - 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter, maple syrup and a chopped banana

S - Cucumber and carrot sticks with hummus

L - Homemade caulifower bisque w/ 1 slice whole wheat bread for dipping

S - 1 small apple

D - Homemade bulgar tabolueh w/ hummus and hot sauce

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
  • Lauren--I LOVE cauliflower! I'd so be interested in your bisque recipe, if you don't mind sharing. (edited to add: I think I found the recipe you must have used...on The Kind Life? I'm going to go try that!) I was going to do your pasta shells tonight, but realized I forgot to pick up the nutritional yeast. Guess it'll have to wait another day.

I watched...oh, about 5 seconds of Meet Your Meat last night. I couldn't handle it. It was aweful. When I was growing up, we lived next door to a dairy farm. They had the pregnant cows grazing in a field right behind our house. I used to go out there and sit with them. I even saw a calf being born once! But once the farmers knew a calf had been born, they'd drag the calf away from it's mother. The mother cows would be so distressed not to mention the little calves. They'd tie the newborn calf behind their truck and I'd watch it struggle to keep up. I used to sob and sob and beg my dad to do something to help them. He did speak to the owners once, but obviously they didn't care much about a neighbor's hysterical daughter. They did ask us to let them know if we saw a calf. Yeah, right!! I wasn't going to tell them anything.
  • Just popping in to say hi. I've finished with my packaged food experiment and I am eating home cooked meals now. It is so hard for me to count calories with home cooked meals. I really hope to meet my Christmas goal of 5lbs lost. I was at 4lbs lost but I gained 0.6lbs yesterday. Egg nog will be my down fall.
  • I'm just such a mess - Sad, don't feel like doing anything - but got a 2 hour workout in this AM, eating meals and snacks - Going back to my books about binge eating - one school of thought says to plan meals in advance, the other says to intuit what the body wants - IE scares me a bit too much, so for now it's planning meals/snacks in advance (but being mindful if the planned meal is just not at all what my body wants).

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Pineapples: Welcome to the list

Lindsey: I have always wanted to make candles!

Dianna: It doesn't seem fair that men don't have the freak out moments that we do! lol And no you didn't sound vain at all. We are putting a lot of work into our bodies and we want to like the results!

Vixsin: Glad you are done with the dental torture! SUPER congrats on the whoosh!!!! You are very close to onderland!

Lauren: Your breakfast sounds so good!

Pint: hugs, hope you feel better!

Shells: I hope you get better soon. I HATE being sick

So got back to the gym again today. I so didn't want to go. I need to think twice about taking a break during finals next semester. I am still not walking due to a large blister on the back of my heel. Very painful. Scale was back down two pounds today but still not at my pre-finals weight.

Well, off to make today's cookies, write two papers and bake a turkey. Busy day for me.

My plan for today:

B: special k bar

L: 4 oz ham, 2 c green beans

D: 3 oz turkey, stuffing 1/2 c, 1 c peas, 1 roll

Snack: 1 c grapes

Snack: 1 pineapple delight cookie

Total for the day:

Depending on how hungry I am, I may add something to my lunch.

Exercise: 1 hour water aerobics (and I pushed it hardcore today)

Roxanne
    Started my journey on 9/8/2010
    mini goal: 10% loss (261)
    mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
    mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
    mini goal 4: move into onderland
    mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
    Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost:

Goal One Ticker:

End Goal Ticker

Keeping Track of my loss
    September 2010: 4 lbs lost
    October 2010: 11 lbs lost
    November 2010: 5 pounds lost
  • SarahinBalance Hi and Welcome. Here's an area of the forum that you might find helpful. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/
  • I would like to thank everyone for their support with my "moment" yesterday. I appreciate this group so much. You are an awesome bunch!
  • So today, I feel terrible. The girls at work made me cry by taking the mickey out of me when I said ONE THING WRONG. I'm sick of this. Every time I say something that they don't think is right their reaction is basically 'Oh, Wys said something silly, let's correct her in a patronising fashion and make fun of her'. Bear in mind I'm actually their supervisor, so have the authority to haul any of them up on their behaviour. But I just couldn't, I just went and cried my eyes out. I'm so fed up of it. They mock what I eat, what I wear, my haircut, my makeup, how 'skinny' I am (they're just jealous because they're all overweight and won't do anything about it), and if I ask them to do anything they just backchat me and I end up doing it myself.

I've spoken to my manager about it but she's such a doormat I doubt she'd stand up to them. They'd just shout her down.

So as a result I've pretty much eaten nothing today because when I'm down, I don't eat. Two rice cakes and some cream cheese doesn't really count as food. To be honest I was amazed they didn't make a comment about that, really... they scrutinise everything else I do.

Wysteria needs a hug
  • Hug Hug Wysteria! I hate how some people get SUCH a kick out of being mean or making fun of people I'm SURE they're just jealous.

Thanks Diana! I'll check that thread out.