taking medications

• He everyone.

I went to a doctor today and he prescribed me Adipex. Anyone heard of it? It's an appetite suppresant. He also will give me shots of B12 and other vitamins every week. I hope this works. I've been fighting my addiction to food for so long now, it's kind of nice to feel in control again. And I have energy. I'm not my slug self tonight, slithering into to kitchen to eat. I feel so in control. The kitchen doesn't exsist now, and won't until tomorrow morning.

He gave me a diet to follow, but I think I'll just count calories and eat less. My exercise is walking. He's says that's fine. Pilates is supposed to be good too. But I like the Walk Away the Pounds tape.

I'm going to do it this time. I can't diet by sure will-power, but maybe I can do it this way. I need something to control the monster in me.

Heidi
    162.2/162.2/135
  • 2 days later and still in control. The meds are definitely what I needed to stop the horrible cravings. I don't have that "I have to eat or die!" feeling. I'm actually feeling hunger. And I don't go back for more and more and more...When I'm done, I'm done.

Some people can do it on their own, I couldn't. I was addicted to food, my drug of choice. Now I feel in control. It's a nice feeling.

Talk to ya later!
    Heidi
  • It's great to hear you found a way of controlling the cravings. Good for you. Keep up the hard work & Good luck!
  • I love the new me. Food does not control my life anymore, I can "just say no". 6 lbs. gone!

Heidi
    162.2/156/135
    3 weeks OP
  • I don't know about Adipex, but I have gotten B-12 shots before. They're great if you have really low energy or are tired a lot, or if you have a vitimen B deficiency. I'm glad that you're doing so well!

Meribeth
  • Adipex
    Been there done that. Took them for about 2 months but the cost got to be too much for me. They help with the wanting of food, I am an addict as well. The main side effect that I had was dry mouth. I think that if I could afford to I might try it again after I get this Lupron out of my system. I was paying about 50 a month for them and right now due to other medical problems that are unrelated to weight have but me so that I can't really afford to try them again. Let me know how it is goin for you please.
  • I'm still here! Love my meds. I'm down about 15 lbs. now and half way to goal. I know I'm losing the weight because I'm not constently eating, I was eating ways too much! The always thinking about food thing is gone, and I find myself not wanting to eat because I'm not hungry. Before, I would have eaten anything at anytime, hungry or not. It's a nice feeling to not be addicted to food anymore.

Heidi
    162/148/135
  • that's great keep it up and let me know how it is goin.