Bored with my lunches

• So on on phase 1 (I're restarted this phase more times than I can count ) and I've been having this turkey and turkey bacon wrap thing (the wrap part being a lettuce leaf) OR I have a chicken salad. SOOOO BORING. I can't seem to come up with anything else that won't take a lot of time and doesn't cost a lot of extra money.

So I need your help! Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
  • Have you checked the recipe section??? There's a taco casserole that is FABULOUS. It does take a while to prepare, but if you make it up the night before you could eat off it for a couple of days.
  • I am not on SB, but the same principle might apply - I just make an extra portion of my dinner for lunch the next day. Eating it two days in a row means it is always on plan, I can save money by using the same ingredients for the meal, and it takes hardly any time beyond the time I spend making dinner. And because my dinner changes nightly, I don't get bored.

Just a thought!
  • I make a batch of something on the weekend and freeze it in individual containers for the next week's lunches. I've done many bean chili (very cheap) and topped it with low-fat cheese, and last week I made up a chicken stir fry with all the veggies I could stand. I liked the stir fry enough that it will probably be this week's lunches as well. Nom, nom, nom.
  • This week, I made a big pot of sausage and lentil soup for lunches (I used to not eat lentils!), and I made a batch of Fiesta Chicken in the crock pot for supper....I'm using leftovers from that one. I'm alternating them for lunch this week. My problem is, I adore them both and have a hard time deciding which one I want!
  • one of my favorite things to make for lunch if I don't have leftovers from the night before is sauteed vegetables with a poached egg on top. it's SO good. i usually buy a bag of frozen stir-fry mix and saute that up with some edamame - the saute lasts 3 days at least. top it with a fresh egg each day.