Aaahhhhhh....comfort Food

• Once again, many thanks to Sandyfanny for a delish recipe
    I made the cauilflower soup. I have sore throat, it's cold, and I wanted some comfort food like warm, creamy, potato soup. I found this recipe Sandyfanny put on her thread. I tweaked it a bit to make the cook time quicker (I'm impatient & cranky when I feel sick lol). Anyways it's out of this world and it really does taste like potato soup
  • That sounds really good, what thread is that on?
  • Quote: That sounds really good, what thread is that on?
    Here in the Atkins Forum..The name of the thread is
    Recipes From What's for Dinner
    Sandyfanny is the OP
    I believe it's on the 1st page
    It's called cauilflower soup
    I made mine a little different but I think the results are similiar. It's really, really good. Each serving has 4 net carbs and 241 calories. I made mine with a whole head of cauliflower, 6 green onions, 1 clove of garlic,2 Tbsp of olive oil, 4 Tbsp of butter, 1 can of chicken broth, 1 c. of HWC, 1 c. water, 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste. I boiled my cauliflower until it was pretty soft, then added it to the onions and garlic that I sauteed in the olive oil in a large skillet. I added the butter and mashed up the cauliflower really good. I added the HWC , water, and chicken broth stirring frequently on a medium to low heat. Once it was heated up pretty good, I added the shredded cheese. I just stirred it frequently for about another 10 minutes or so and it was done. The whole thing probaly took about 30 max, and that's on the high end.
  • I'm glad the cauliflower soup made you feel better, Islandchick. I love soups, and it's getting to be soup weather here too. Maybe I'll go on a soup-recipe experimenting spree after Thanksgiving. It'd be nice to have some to heat up for a quick dinner on chilly, dark afternoons.
  • My mom was mentioning a creamed spinach soup. I can't say I have ever had any but it sounds like something I would like. I thought I would try to find an Induction friendly recipe but maybe you'll come up with one first. Keep the good recipes coming!
  • You've given me a good idea. I think we can make creamed spinach soup using the cauliflower soup recipe. I might mess around with that this cold, windy afternoon. Maybe wash, dry and sautee the spinach until wilted in butter, onion and garlic, puree it in a blender or food processor, add chicken broth and cream? Add a few red pepper flakes. Top with shaved parmesan cheese? This could be really good and a way to get in our veggies. If it's good, I'll post it. What are you cooking lately?
  • Quote: You've given me a good idea. I think we can make creamed spinach soup using the cauliflower soup recipe. I might mess around with that this cold, windy afternoon. Maybe wash, dry and sautee the spinach until wilted in butter, onion and garlic, puree it in a blender or food processor, add chicken broth and cream? Add a few red pepper flakes. Top with shaved parmesan cheese? This could be really good and a way to get in our veggies. If it's good, I'll post it. What are you cooking lately?
    Well, I made a really awesome beef stir fry. I make it pretty often. I use beef (I marinade this in equal parts soy sauce and water -usually about 3 to 4 tbsps each- that has 1tbsp ginger, 1 tbsp cinnamon and 2 tbsp splenda). I sautee 1 minced garlic clove,4-6 green onion tops 1 stalk of sliced celery, 1 jalepeno sliced, 1/4 of red bell pepper sliced, & 1/2 c. sliced jicama in about 2tbsp of olive oil or canaola. Then I add in 3 cauliflowerets -sliced real thin -, 1 zuccini sliced in half and then cut into pieces, the meat and all juice and some shredded cabbage. I cook on high constanly stirring for about 10 minutes or so.
    It will have a hot and sweet flavor at the same time
    It's not the most visually appealing dish I have ever made, but it tastes very asian and exotic, it's very good and it makes for a nice change of pace.