Anyone trying to get out of the 120s?

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Sooooo I know I'm in the wrong place since I'm still in the 130's, but I'm trying to get serious about getting to my goal weight. I have a BodyBugg coming in the mail today. I was wondering if you girls can share your secrets on how you got out of the 130's? I work 12 hour night shifts where I sit all.night.long. I love excercising and try to do it for at least 30 min 5 days a week. Any suggestions on how many calories to consume?
    I got out of the 130s by restricting calories to ~1500 a day or fewer and running or doing exercise videos for cardio 5-6 days a week. I find it's much, much easier to lose when I eat low sodium and almost no starches.
  • Quote:

Now I'm puzzled. I'm a US size 7/8,
    the same I have been since I was 145!

Maybe now that I'm losing more weight
    in my legs (and actually seeing the weight
    loss!) I'll start losing some pant sizes.
    I know what you mean! Are you a pear shape? I know I am, and while I've lost like a bajillion inches off of my waist and chest (not my boobs though, which is nice!) in comparison, I've barely lost anything off my hips and thighs. I'm only 1.5 inches away from my goal waist, yet 4 off of my hips. So, I haven't been rapidly losing pant sizes either.

I'm hopeful that that will change soon too though!
  • I own ONE exercise video that I have worn to pieces: Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio. It's an old one and I can do all the movements 100% with minimal effort, which means I need a new one...the exercise videos available in Japan are pretty bad though and I'm lazy.

I'm not sure about the response thing...I just log on so often that I keep tabs on all threads I've posted in
  • My weight fluctuates between 126 and 124 and I've been stuck here for a very long time! I'm so glad I found this website though! Now hopefully I won't lose my motivation.
  • Aaaagh! Sorry, total venting frustratedness in this post. (Yes, I realize that's not a word - or, indeed, a proper sentence ... thank you little red squiggly lines!) I was soooo close to being out of the 120s (weighed in at 120.3 this morning), and then this afternoon I went grocery shopping in anticipation of my parents' upcoming visit. They arrive on Saturday, and I'm pretty sure that they expect to have things like bread and pasta and butter and cheese available to them and conveniently located in my kitchen. Upon arriving back at my apartment, I apparently decided that it would be an excellent idea to consume several freaking pounds of chocolate, half a box of crackers with tomato-basil cheese spread on top, ridiculous amounts of heavily buttered toast, and 3/4 of a bottle of wine. And a plum, lest I be too unhealthy.

Not only do I feel sick, but I am so incredibly mad at myself that I allowed myself to binge like this. Especially with the alcohol; seriously, what's that about? I'm pretty sure it's not cool to sit alone at home on a Thursday afternoon and drink such liberal amounts of wine.

Also, just to continue with my never-ending (but strangely satisfying - who knew it could be so cathartic to bang out a stream-of-consciousness style internet post???) rant ... why does my supervisor at work continually tell me that people are worried about how much weight I've lost since moving here? It's not like I'm ridiculously super skinny. And my supervisor is thinner than me!!!! I mean, I know that my weight (which I am careful to never ever reveal at work or to coworkers, despite direct questioning) may seem low to people taller than me, but I am pretty short, and I still have some abdominal fat with which I'm a bit preoccupied. I guess it's nice that people are concerned about me, but I'd rather not have them think about my weight so much in the first place! I KNOW for an absolute fact that I do not look too thin and that I weighed less than this (and looked healthier) in the not-so-entirely-distant past. So it really bugs me when my supervisor suggests that other people at work might think so. And who on earth are these nameless people inquiring from my supervisor about whether or not I've been starving myself? I want NAMES!!!!! I shall perfect my imagined glance of scathing, incredulous scorn while outwardly maintaining a smile!

Right. So the point was, it looks like I'll be in the 120s until January, at the very earliest.
  • Nienna - I've noticed that when I get incredibly close to a goal or an exciting period, I self sabotage. Do you think subliminally, you're doing this? Perhaps you're so proud of yourself and know that the 110's are right in front of you, that you feel you're already there thus deserve to reward yourself?

Subliminally, I think I'm terrified of being in the 120's, so I keep doing stupid little things to ruin it for myself. Monday I went out to Applebees, and even though I ate off the 550 cal and under menu... the meal plus the 300 cal desert were probably over my budget. Tuesday, I had popcorn chicken and mashed potatoes from KFC, and though I ate within my calorie limit, it's KFC! Yesterday, I ate REALLY NASTY left over popcorn chicken from KFC that was left in the fridge by my boyfriend... so I went to the gym... and when I got home, I decided to have a healthy bowl of, yup, spagettios. AWESOME.

And today? Today my boyfriend and I are going out for dinner. I fully intend on ordering fried rice, honey milk tea, and a fancy sushi roll that may contained something fried.

I'm not too worried though. My scale was 130.2 this morning, which is fine. The boyfriend is leaving for Christmas tomorrow and without him around, I'm not tempted to eating bad foods (and more motivated to go to the gym). Also, TOM is going to be there this weekend, and that always helps flush things out and give me a new weight.
  • Nienna,

you're not alone. I think self-sabotage when nearing a goal or new low weight just happens. Something about lower weights and being "almost there" triggers a tantrum-y binge-sensitive response in a lot of posters here, myself included. I have to admit I giggled at the plum - sometimes I'll toss in fruit during a binge just to "make sure I have vitamin C" or some BS like that. Just remember how you feel and try not to let it happen again, or you could sink into a habit. And by the by, that weight will be off in a week or less - probably 3 days.

As for your coworkers, are Finns weirdly direct with questions like Dutch, Germans or Chinese people? How sensitive is your supervisor? Do you think work would be awkward if you pulled her aside one day and asked her to please not talk about your weight?
  • Quote: Nienna, Do you think work would be awkward if you pulled her aside one day and asked her to please not talk about your weight?

Yes, this.

Your weight loss is your business
    only. Your supervisor does not need
    to make comments on how thin
    you are, nor do people at your work
    need to say you have an ED.

Needless to say, next time, just
    tell them to mind their own business.
    (Okay, maybe not so blunt like that! )

As for the over-eating, I did that too on
    Sunday. I ate a whole veggie burger in
    about 3 minutes flat! It took a very, very
    long time for my stomach to settle after
    that one. I ate so much in so little
    time that my stomach was HURTING!
  • For a few brief weeks last summer, I was in the 120s. Now I'm hovering around 132. And since I like to do things ahead of schedule, I'm getting started on my NYR to finally, finally get down to my goal. Hope to post again in this thread in a couple of weeks!
  • Ladies, I am getting out of the 120s--but in the WRONG, WRONG, WRONG direction!! I was at 128 this morning, when I managed to get as low as 124 at one point. Gotta get it together!!
  • Noooo don't do it LillyLover!

I think we traded places for today - I weighed 124 this morning. First time in my life ever being under 125. I can't believe it. I almost don't want my vacation and birthday/Christmas celebrations to get here because I'm in such a "winning streak!"
  • Hey, Krampus, that's awesome!!!!!!!! You are so my inspiration right now.

Lillylover, you can get it together, just have to sort out a gamplan... work your plan, and plan to work!!

• I'm right with you LillyLover.
    128.4 yesterday.

• Thanks for the encouragement, everyone I'm so glad that the foody holidays are over! I mean, I guess there's New Years' Eve, but I don't really consider that a food-centric holiday. I'm at 128.4 today, and on my way down. Time to get it together!

Fivestone, I especially like your quote, work your plan and plan to work!
  • Sign me up! I was 132 yesterday but 123 2 months ago and I'm sure I will be back into the 120's when the salt wears off. lol Thank you HalloweenThanksgivingChristmas.