Weekend Chat, November 9 and 10

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • coffee is on strong and leaded, be right back

Oh, by the way the link to the pics is now working if you wanna see my mugshot Go to the thread "Wanna see some pictures"

---------------

I had to refill the coffee before I could post

Sue I hope you continue to keep posting with us and that whatever is going on in your life is resolved soon.

peachie.........I didn't even think about security at the airport not letting me down to the gates, but your right, they wouldn't have. As for starting over, here hold my hand...........we'll do this together. I've also been a little lax on watching my eating (ducking as Jiff throws a wls book at me ) but for the past 10 days or so I have been very careful not to let the extra carbs creep in and the scale has started to move again. You can do this!!!

Leen, congrats on day 5 of your "diet patrol." Keep up the good work.

Pooky I hope you and hubby enjoyed your day together yesterday.

Robin.........a twig furniture making class. WOW!! Sounds fun to me.

Linda sorry about the high LDL, like you said you must look on the brightside, it can be treated. My hubby subscribes to Ruth's way of treating high choles. he likes his glass of red wine in the evening. I don't know if it helps, but it makes him happy.

Janice-gentle, very gentle hugs to you.

Barb, tell Alvin how right he is!! The band is the best part of the football game.

Chrissy your still as busy as ever!!!!

Not bunches planned for this weekend. Hubby is working a band fundraiser at Stone Mountain Park today. I guess I will spend the day cleaning out our bedroom, the man is a pack rat with clothes. He has the majority of our closet, not me. That's okay, I HOG the remote.

Back later
    Debbie
  • Gosh reading yesterdays post i have missed soo much.

Thanks for the welcome back. i did manage to do great yesterday till the end of the day. (ususal problem) not eating enough then getting hungry and eating cookies. i lose count as they are dipped in milk and just shove them in as fast as you can till you are full! I am, sorry to see so many of us comming out of the carb **** (but glad that i am not the only one )

As for the kids mike is still here but life is setteling down i am not as antsy as i was last time he was here as he is earning money and for me money is still an issue but i am not destitude i can atleast afford to pay the bills (be it some of them are late) but the house is still a mess and they even with repeated telling have not done much but they are starting to not leave such a mess. work is tough but i am still having fun, the fols love me and i know that my bosses are pulling for me. even with my over time it is time well spent as i have managed to "save the day" with several families one in particilar that was unhappy with the situation but i managed to fix a potentially dangerous situation with a simple catherter. that really did not show any signs that it was a problem. I am feeling better about boy scouts another time consumer as i got a new little boy that i just about died laughing over as every thing he did was do i get a badge for this???? he was sooo cute!!! and it remended me what a good thing this was.

this gives me definition for the time i spend at swimming i can plan my boyscouts and also run for a mile or two when i am there. althoug running at night when i am tired is not the best thing but it will save me time in the morning. i can sleep later or implement fly lady!

Katie is doing winter cheereleading and that just means another running thing for me but she does that good so i guess i can not complain she has so little to give her confidence that i am glad to see her doing some thing that is so good for her and keeps her active.

welll enough about me. i have to be headding to work soon so i wil try to catch up!

janice after reading some of the lst post i am very sorry that i am missing what you have been going through. skin grafts?? i am assuming to your boobs? OH MY!! wet/ dry dressings?? please do not wet them tyo take them off that defeats the purpose! and yes that is more painful but it removes any bad tissue that way and keeps infection from starting.

Ruth how did lucys graduation go?

so girls i can not remeber what else was written. it is not that it was nto important but i have been suffering from CRAFT Disease. CRS is not a descriptive enoughword)

so all ahve a great day i must go and get some food before i go towork!

I love you all and thanks for waiting for me!
  • Morning everyone!

You sound like you have been very very busy Sue. Its nice to see you posting again.

Deb, Im off to check out the pics in a bit, they didnt work yesterday for me.
    I hope the twig furniture classes are as well received here in Buffalo. I'll keep everyone posted.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here, went for my walk....and I have to share what happened when I came across a dog. Of course the dog didnt see me coming, I was coming around a hedge, the dog was on a leash and was looking for a spot to do his business on the front grass.......well, he gets in position, you can see the exertion on his face and his haunches are trembling a little bit. THEN he spots me! and his face contorts, and just as I was walking past him (right in front) the bugger starts to growl at me. It was the funniest thing I had every seen. Poor dog was trying to look and sound tough in the middle of taking a dump. His owner was bright red when I started to laugh.

Not much else to report, just keeping busy busy busy and staying OP.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
    Robin
  • welcome back, sue!!!
    i've missed you all over everywhere!!!

and deb, no wls book throwing from me!!! not after the pack of M&Ms and 2 twiz bars and 3 bites of scone and a couple of bites of bagel that i've had this week!! I REALLY had to get back to the straight and narrow thursday and friday, and it's not easy!!!

i decided that to stave off the morning snacks, i'd wait to have my deviled egg until i was hungry. so protein shake around 8:30, deviled egg around noon <?!!!???> lunch around 3, and it all left me scrambling to eat protein at 10 pm. not a smart thing to do!

work is slightly better, but i know that it's only temporary. my wonderfully supportive, helpful colleague was asked to leave, and was given a good severance, but he was the only sane person there and i miss him. oh, there are other terrific people, but he had the experience and management expertise to make everything work together.

what else is there? oh yes. hit kohl's 50% off sale on wednesday night, and got some great deals. the 2xs are getting a little big. not seriously, but oh what a shame

i need a get together. dottie... samnrosies grandma, leenie... peachie... ANYONE!!!!!!!

please??? pretty please????

oh. and please check out the thread in WLS, the one that refers to me as the queen [but ignore that part, please]. and find the last post from debkay. it contains a WONDERFUL idea, and i'll even get the carpets cleaned for the occasion!!!

have to get mom moving. hope to be back later.
    am worried about some of you. JANICE, SHERRIE, SUE, BARB.
  • Good morning!
    Sorry for my short posts. Just wanting to check in as I can.

Sue good to see you. Sorry that your life is so stressful right now. I was hoping for a suggestion on how to make those wet/dry treatments less painful - guess there's no hope, huh? I'm also scheduled for hyperbaric treatments beginning Thursday. However, if I can keep tolerating this pain and continue to heal as I am they may not be necessary. Infection had set in which is why I'm going thru all of this. Very long story which I'll share with ya'll at a later date. I've definately learned so much going thru this. The biggest lesson is to not assume what you're feeling is just normal - and #2 - communicate with your surgeon & his team! Don't be afraid that any question you have is silly. These are the reasons I'm going thru this!

Good news is that the stress test came out that there is no heart blockage. I don't have all the detail as to what happened yet. I had to change my appointment with the cardiologist due to the unplanned surgery this week.

Aw well......it's a gorgeous morning here in Houston and I plan to enjoy it!

Love and hugs to all!

J
  • Good Morning ALL:

Well, my probs seem so small in light of others. I am sorry mamaj that you are having a hard time recouping. Will add you to my prayers tonite, feel better soon............ Our weather is wet wet and more wet. Hubby has been home ill ALL WEEK, between his moaning and hyper wung out baby, I was ready to commit hari kari! Been off plan all week too, hubby can't chew right now, so lots of milkshakes , icecream and such in my house sigh...... This too shall pass. I am getting ansy for christmas, gonna go do some more shopping today. Crafting later on today too.

Have a Healthy Happy Day ALL!
  • Busy morning for me--we are finally erecting the shade structure at the daycare and I was taking pictures and getting things for everyone all morning. Home to see dh bringing in a sectional sofa he traded with a guy at work for a computer. Sofa is ugly as sin but comfortable. I am going to try and make some slipcovers for the offending piece. Miss Miree is having a much deserved nap since I hear she was a busy beaver. I am taking apart my Christmas lights to get them ready for putting up. 3 out of 7 strands are fine so sent dh off to the hardware store to get some replacement bulbs. Weather is perfect for this and I'm afraid to wait any longer or the things won't go up.

Working on Mt. Laundry now and general cleaning.

Janice, you just take good care of yourself hon and good for you to keep docs informed.

Sue, I hope you get everything straightened out and life starts to settle down for you--remember they areonly teens once and then they become normal!

Ruth, glad to hear Lucy was a good girl for you!

Deb., you and your daughter look so much alike!

Robin, I have a dog so much the same--in the midst of doing something and then ties to to cover it up like she's doing nothing!

Meowna, hope you have a less sick household soon!

Take good care everyone and have a good weekend!
  • Since our "vacation" wasn't offically over even though we came home, we didn't work today. Instead we went shopping! We went to a small town about 75 miles outside of town that used to have a bunch of really neat antique shops. Well, we didn't find much in the antique lines. ( That's not exactly true, I did buy a couch for my living room and a new head planter that I didn't have) Theyaso have a large outlet mall in the town, so I broke my promise not to buy new clothes unltil I could buy in the regular sizes. This particular mall had a Casual Corner/Casual Woman(which I had never heard of! Is that what used to be called August Max?) And they had a Elisbeth (liz Clayburn woman)outlet. I only spent 55.00 and got some really neat things. Then we went to Casual Male and Alvin hit the jackpot there.

I am on day #2 for being OP again. It has been really hard not to eat anythig sweet today. I've really wanted to cheat, but so far so good. I made a really good breakfast casserole for breakfast, and have enought left over for several more days. Yummy. We went to Whole Foods before we came home, and Alvin tried to be helpful and find me things to eat, but he just couldn't get with the program. He kept giving me things that were either all natural, or low fat. When I would read the label, they were high carb. At least he was trying to help. One thing they had that I'd never heard of before was Coconut Angelfood Cake. It sounds great!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
  • Hi everyone! Jiffy my dear, I am sorry I worried you. As you all know, life is no less hectic on a Saturday. You wouldn't believe what all is going on around here. One good thing is that my love life is starting to come out of hibernation scary but holding out hope for something wonderful! Dearest Tommie is being a complete brat, since she started daycare instead of private in-home care she has been hyper with a capital H. Sheesh!

Hope you all have a wonderful night, I'll talk to you tomorrow!
  • Sunday morning, coffee's on me!
    good morning!

Wow, I slept from 9 last night to 8 this morning! Do you think I was tired? Did a yard sale yesterday to get rid of some stuff that didn't sell last time. It was a beautiful day, my house is on a pretty busy street on the way to the MALL! Tons of impulse stops. EVERYTHING went this time- I have one box of assorted junk that I'll toss today, and my garage is CLEAN!

Then I went for a facial(from a gift certificate from last Christmas- that was a great ending to the day, came home and had a salad and went to bed with a book. The book never got opened!

the neice turns 8 tomorrow, and out family party is tonight- so I am off to the grocery store, and then the mall for an earring holder- one of those little "trees" or a rack for on her dresser. She got her ears pierced this year and she knows I thought they should wait til she was older- but I don't want her to think I don't approve- so off to the mall!

Janice, I am thinking of you, my puppies are aching in sympathy!

be good all,

dottie
  • GOOD Morning chickies...... sorry about being MIA, but I HAVE tried to at least keep up with what's going on with everyone. I don't have tons of time this am (the grandkids are coming over in about an hour, and this evening we have a "black tie" dinner dance to go to -- gonna be an interesting day, to say the least!!)

To the best of my recollection, (and I hope not to leave anyone out, but if I do, please remember its my CRAFT acting up!! ) here goes:

Deb, I finally got to see the pics: wow! your daughter (and her mom, of course!!) are gorgeous!

J - OUCH! I hurt for you, and really hope that you are doing lots and lots better

Jif - glad to see you're feeling better, and the answer is YES YES YES YES YES YES...... when/where shall we meet?

Barb - nice to see that you had a nice minivacation, but I must have missed something somewhere...... Mark (?) had surgery while you were away? hope all is well now..... When I used to wear "real" clothes to work (not scrubs!) I loved to shop at Casual Corner... such nice stuff (of course, I was MUCH thinner and younger then - so now it would be Casual Woman! - you're right I think ... same chain as August Max)

Pooky - don't let Miree wear you out too much..... there's lots of holiday stuff to be done!!

Sue..... so good to see you back.... I'm hoping that you're taking some time for yourself - you really need it with all that you do for everyone else!

Dottie.. I spent HOURS at the mall yesterday, and all I was able to buy was one pair of sneakers for (YIKES!!!) $75... I tried on about a dozen pair and these were the only ones that felt at all good on my feet! All the stores had such great sales and deals and extra $ off if you used your store credit card, etc etc etc.....
    <sigh> so much time, so little money to spend!

Ruth, did you say that Lucy graduated from obedience? I can't remember!!! YIKeS! I'm glad to see that your furnace got fixed, but did you ever get wood for the stove?

Well, I hope I didn't forget too many people, but I better go get going and have that first cup of coffee! (see, you guys come before even my coffee!!!) Have a great day chickies........
  • just a quick HELLO this morning, hubby is standing over my shoulder waiting for the computer, he wants to.......gulp..........balance the checkbook

When he told me he wanted to do that, I said is that a threat. He is so anal about money..............but I guess one of us has to be.. But, after 22 years I'm pretty cheap too.

Be back later
    Debiie
  • Lazy day
    Morning Ladies

Its raining here, and the sunday paper didnt show up. So that means I have no ads to rummage thru to figure out where Im going grocery shopping this week.

Then its off to Starbucks for our weekly outing lol (we dont get out much) then to Sam'sClub to see if we can find a cheap fax machine.

I hope everyone has a good day!
    Robin
  • One tired Pooky this morning with bad dreams to boot. Thank goodness my dh woke me up! Raining cats and dogs here, wind whipped up and everything so it's a stay in the house kind of day. Gee, whatever will I do with myself?

There's only crafting, laundry, cleaning--or my personal fave, sitting down in front of the boob tube and channel surfing!

Have a good day all!
  • Grrrrrrrr! Booting self in butt! Got on the darn scales this morning and I'm back up to 211. Probably has something to do with ham for dinner last night! Why the heck did I buy a 5 pound ham?!?! Water, water, water today for sure.

Robin and Pook, we are going to be getting the same rain so this may be a nap day. Not a chance at the boob tube today as DH is glued to golf! My dog yard is still not raked but there will be some dry and sunny days later this week to get it done.

I'm going to throw in a load of laundry and slice a mess of ham for lunch. Maybe I'll make up a few loaves of ham sandwiches and freeze them for the next time I need to send something to a funeral feast.

Have a great Sunday afternoon.