IP Daily Chat - Mon. 16 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    • AND
    • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Happy Monday!
  • Good morning...Why is it somedays you wake up and feel like you never lost a pound...that your body is still wrapped in this fat and you can't get out...
    I know I'm doing well I just woke up feeling like I have done nothing yet...
    All the news reports about 40% obesity in the US in a few years..Our children are getting ill and early diabetes from being heavy at a young age...
    I want to lost my weight and start an exercise program for obese children...
    Help them to get moving and feeling good about themselves...
  • Good Morning everyone!!
    well it's snowing outside and I am feeling pretty good. Yes I do feel like I haven't done a darn thing at times. Very excited got some motivation from a talk I heard on procrastination and one of my friends talking about diets. Just one sentence. "Sheila it's hard changing your eating pattern but you can do it you have more wheel power than you give yourself".

So everyone does the "GAS" get any better?
  • Good Morning..........Today is my start of Week 2 of the IP program.... Was up at 5 as the first of my Daycare kids came at 6.... Second load of laundry in and the floors are washed...... Here's to hoping the rest of the day goes the same.... Looking forward to a busy week and seeing what kind of yummy recipies I can create..... Happy Monday All
  • Good Monday Morning!!
    40 days until !! Anyone else counting??? I am excited because we are going to the DS's place for Christmas, hoping DD & her family will be there too!!

Well here it is .. the start of a new week...thank goodness, cause last week wasn't so great IP wise for me

SO.....here is Day One of a new start!!! I CAN DO THIS, I HAVE DONE 3/4'S OF THE WAY.....I CAN FINISH THIS

Anyone with extra and a big send it my way, please
  • Looking forward to a brand new week. Weight loss has been steady but slow and I'm hoping for a few more pounds down at WI tomorrow. This will be my 5th weigh in. I have yet to have one of those big loss weeks. Right now that would be very motivating!
    Hope everyone has a great week and lots of weight lost!
  • Good Monday Morning!

I am also looking for some extra will power dust this week. I had a zero loss week last week, and have tried to keep on track over the weekend. I am wanting bread and candy. It's making me crazy! Last night, I ate a whole head of lettuce trying to make it go away! LOL!
    I found a place in Winnipeg to pick up some Da Vinci syrups, so hoping for a trip in. I found the shipping so much to order online. I think some of those might help my cravings!

Happy Monday Everyone!
  • Back At It!!!
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

I had surgery 6 weeks ago and have been off the program for 8 weeks. Was taken off prior to abdominal reconstruction surgery and during recovery period. I have 14 pounds to my goal weight and am starting back today on Phase I to get the remaining pounds off. I was reluctant to come off the program before reaching my goal because I was afraid that I would slip back into old habits and gain. I am down a few pounds since surgery and still have excess fluid due to healing so, I am happy with that. Never went wild with the food as I did not want to have a big gain and really was not hungry. I knew IP was a great choice for me and that I was benefiting, however when I had slow weight loss, I was a little discouraged....not anymore....there is so much going on inside during the weight loss process that is beneficial... I am so much smaller at this weight than I was ever before...yes...I have been this weight before....... I am healing so fast and feel great.... Dr is amazed...

So anyway....for those who are feel like there is nothing going on....take heart...there is!!! Hang in there!!! It is hard to let go of the scale...but it is not the best measure of success....
  • Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend and is raring to go for a brand new week. It snowed here yesterday and the temp this morning is below freezing. Personally, I just want to crawl back to bed and wait for spring! Off to weigh-in.
  • Good morning everyone. I am feeling a little down as i have been on a plateau for about 2-3 weeks...the weight is just not dropping AT ALL. This week I will not allow myself any restrictives to see if that makes a difference!! Has anyone else been experiencing this? if so....how did you get things moving again?
  • I had a not so great 24 hours. My roommate had his girlfriend stay over last night. I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that fact that her 3 almost 4 year old daughter stayed over as well (seriously if you're going to have a sleep over at your boyfriends house don't bring your kid. Think of what you are teaching her!). They had her sleep in the room next to mine so the 4 times she woke up during the night crying it woke me and my dog who sleeps in my room up as well. Not happy about that. The other downside is that (and some of you know this) my back went out 2 weeks ago and it's finally starting to heal, but I need a good nights sleep so I'm not so tight in the morning. Since I didn't get that I'm starting the day with my back feeling like I've been working all day. double not happy. Not to mention I have my WI tonight and I don't know that I'm going to have a weight loss. Overall I'm just frustrated and unhappy. I plan to talk to my roommate when I get home if the gf isn't there, but I knew if I mentioned it this morning it wouldn't be pretty. I'm giving myself time to cool off so I can be mature in how I handle this.
  • Did my first WI this morning.... I lost 3lb 14oz...... is this average for the first week??? Not sure exactly what to think.... I know I'm glad to see them gone though....
  • Quote: Did my first WI this morning.... I lost 3lb 14oz...... is this average for the first week??? Not sure exactly what to think.... I know I'm glad to see them gone though....

A lot of people have major weight loss in the first week, but I was similar to you. I only lost 3.5 my first week. Every week since then has been more. Keep following the program and keep yourself positive. You'll see the weight loss.

jess
  • Quote: I had a not so great 24 hours. My roommate had his girlfriend stay over last night. I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that fact that her 3 almost 4 year old daughter stayed over as well (seriously if you're going to have a sleep over at your boyfriends house don't bring your kid. Think of what you are teaching her!). They had her sleep in the room next to mine so the 4 times she woke up during the night crying it woke me and my dog who sleeps in my room up as well. Not happy about that. The other downside is that (and some of you know this) my back went out 2 weeks ago and it's finally starting to heal, but I need a good nights sleep so I'm not so tight in the morning. Since I didn't get that I'm starting the day with my back feeling like I've been working all day. double not happy. Not to mention I have my WI tonight and I don't know that I'm going to have a weight loss. Overall I'm just frustrated and unhappy. I plan to talk to my roommate when I get home if the gf isn't there, but I knew if I mentioned it this morning it wouldn't be pretty. I'm giving myself time to cool off so I can be mature in how I handle this.
    Jess, breathe! It will be ok! It is hard when you don't get the sleep you need .....I'm an EMT and experience that regularly!

Keep your chin up! You have done SOOOOO well!!! Look at what you have lost! I have been on the plateau then a -2 loss....not what I want, but I'll take it! You will be fine. Even if you haven't lost anything......YOU WILL SOON!

• Quote: Good Monday Morning!

I am also looking for some extra will power dust this week. I had a zero loss week last week, and have tried to keep on track over the weekend. I am wanting bread and candy. It's making me crazy! Last night, I ate a whole head of lettuce trying to make it go away! LOL!
    I found a place in Winnipeg to pick up some Da Vinci syrups, so hoping for a trip in. I found the shipping so much to order online. I think some of those might help my cravings!

Happy Monday Everyone!

This has helped me in the past!!