Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way #14!!!!

You're on Page 6 of 14
Go to
  • Hello Everyone!!!

Today was WW and yep am down another pound, even with the dreaded TOM. I am a happy woman for sure.

Bruce did not leave today for Calgary, he will in the morning. The fog was pretty bad here. I will be missing him for sure!!!

Amy~~Way to go on another pound gone forever!! Your dress for the party is going to look great on you next weekend!

Nola~~ You are doing so well also on the weight loss! And that is so cool that you will be able to go to the hockey game. The ticket prices are so costly. I was always getting free tickets given to me for the St Louis Blues when I lived in the states, but I always gave them away because I am a die hard Chicago fan !

Holly~~ Where in the heck are you ??????????????

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow, we all know that Tryin Hard will be having a great time at the Macy's parade.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Nancy
    198.8/184.2/150ish
  • Hi all!
    Today has been wonderful!!!! I got up on the scale again this morning-I have been being bad and weighing in every couple days-and I am down another pound-that makes 3 this past week, and a total of 15 lost forever now!!!!!!!

I also went to 2 Thanksgiving gatherings today, and have come away with my calories only being around 1200!!!!! I was so good today-I didn't eat turkey, because it was deep fried instead of roasted,and I stayed away from fatty gravies and casseroles, so I ate plenty of green beans, and fresh baby carrots, celery, and other veggies off of a veggie tray-my lunch was pretty much ALL vegetables-and we know how low cal that is. I DID have dessert-I made Nancy's crustless pumpkin pie, and since I used Splenda-it came out to only 70 calories/1 WW point per slice! And it was wonderful!!! At the second gathering, while everyone else was eating seconds or thirds, or what have you-my grandmother had made an angel food cake without icing as one of the many desserts-they are naturally fat free and low calorie-about 150 for a good sized slice...so-today pretty much consisted of tons of veggies, two diet smart desserts...and I had a bowl of beef and veggie soup when I got home this evening! I am on top of the world right now...I feel like I had willpower of steel, and since everyone saw me eating dessert, I didn't have family members trying to stuff food down my throat...you know how family can be.
    I have a another Thanksgiving gathering this weekend, adn the turkey WILL be roasted, so I will have some then.
    I am feeling such a sense of accomplishment right now.

Aphil
  • Amy~~~ Good to hear that you had a totally in control Thanksgiving!!! You sure have your mind made up for this challenge and it shows,, way to go on being another pound down!!!

Glad you like the crustless pumpkin pie, you will find that you dont even miss the crust and when you top it off with a little lite cool whip it is so yummy.... I need to make me one of those again soon!!!

See ya later

Nancy
    198.8/184.2/150ish
  • BTW-Nancy-I forgot to congrat you on your pound down this week!!!! Sexy Mamas...Sexy mamas....we are all going to be sexy mamas!!!!!
    You go girl!!!
    Aphil
  • Sexy Mamas!
    Woohoo! Way to go so many thumbs up going out to the two of you. Wow! Aphil way to go on that will power made of STEEL! That is so great and the best is that it pays off in the end. Then to put the cherry on the top you are already at a 3 lb loss. OMG that is so awesome.

Snowey~~~You are also doing totally awesome especially with all the stresses that are going on in your world right now...work, hubby, and moving. Gosh...that is just fantastic!

I have to bow my head in shame and say that I did not have the will power of steel for Thanksgiving. I ate...alot. But I made a commitment that from here up until Christmas instead of my 15 mile committment to my elliptical machine I will commit to 3 hours a week. I don't know how much that is in miles I have never done it before but I am going to commit to 3 hours a week. I usually 5 miles in just a bit over 15 minutes. To top it off I had been sicker than a dog with congestion and sore throat. So for the past few days I have not been eating. We didn't even go out to grandma's house as we had planned. But after we ate we went to visit my parents since my mom was also sick in bed.

I made cheesecake for Raevin. She turned 12 today(Thursday nov. 28) at 11:56 pm. She requested a cheesecake for her birthday instead of a regular cake. She got to choose someone to share the wishbone with and she chose me but she won so her wish will come true. My wish was to lose 8 lbs by Christmas...LOL.

Well it is late. I am heading for bed. It has been a very busy day and I will need my energy for tomorrow for the after Thanksgiving sales...aaaaarrrrgh! Talk to you all again.

Kina

Well it is late
  • Hello everyone!!!

Welcome DNW! I hope you find this site as helpful and wonderful as I have.

I just skimmed through the 4 pages or so of posts that I've missed - sorry! Everything is fine with me but just busy. Also we're starting to get our winter's worth of snow, so that means more time shoveling, shoveling!

Had WAY too much food yesterday, too many sweets but am prepared to get back to regular today, eating-wise. I caught a bad cold and haven't been able to exercise for 3 days, which scares me! but hopefully will feel better tomorrow to exercise again.

CONGRATS to all of you that are down more pounds and sizes!!! It is such a good feeling to know it can be done. And WILL be done!

I promise to check in daily!!! I am in with the challange, also, to keep maintaining, and not gain during the holidays.

Love, Holly
  • Hi New Firends!!

VermontMom: I may see you one day...my husband, DeadNurse and I evenutally plan to move to Vermont. We have friends in Benson who we go see every year. Thanks for the welcome.

Snowey: WTG on the weight loss and also dealing with all your stress right now!

Aphil: I envy your loss, but you really worked for it and you are an inspiration to all of us!

Kina: Good for you and your committment, I pretty much ate what I wanted on Thanksgiving, but had planned that feast day anyway, into my eating plan this week.

Kanloa: Wow free hockey tickets!! Hope you have a great time!

Anyways, ladies..I ate the things I had planned to yesterday so no guilt here. However, the portion size were half what I planned since coincidentally my stomach has shrunk

But it was just as well anyway...I just have to put horse blinders on my eyes everytime I go into the frig...my God all that food and everyone brought candy.

But luckily I went on a candy bender some weeks back and really had a bad sugar reaction and was depressed for about three days from all that sugar in my system...so I treaded very lightly with the chocolate intake yesterday.

I am glad I am posting on this site, you all are so motivated and so very nice. Talk to you soon!
  • DNW-You were frowning about your stomach shrinking like htat is a bad thing- It is a blessing in disguise that you could only eat half of what you planned to!
    I do the same thing as you do by the way-unforseen temptations are one thing, but if it is a planned event and I pretty much know what food will be there, or know in advance that we are going to a restaurant-I can think about and plan what I am going to order/eat so when I get there there is no guessing. All of our family gatherings are pretty much the same-everyone has an aunt who brings the same dessert every Thanksgiving, and so on. If I am going to "plan" to splurge on a special dinner, then I will lower my calorie intake by 100 calories all week, so I have extra for that occasion, and still average out on plan for the week. It is all about being prepared for the situation.
    Holly-I am glad you are back-we sure missed you! I am glad you have joined in on the maintenance portion of the challenge. I predict you will ring in the New Year the same size you are now!
    Kina-don't feel bad about your splurge-we are all human. Things will even out because with your splurge this week, you are also not feeling like eating now due to your cold. Good for you on your new exercise goal. Are you going to try for 6 15 minute/5 mile sessions a week? You should be able to do that no problem! You are going to have such GREAT legs!
    The kids are at Grandmas for the night, and I am getting ready to put up the Christmas tree...I went shopping today and got some real sexy shoes to go with my black velvet dress for the Christmas party. They are velvety/suede type textured black shoes with the chunky high heels and they have the little black sexy strappy details around the foot and ankle. My husband really liked them-wait 'til he sees them on! hee hee hee
    All of you ladies have a wonderful day-I better go get this tree up so I can get some other things done around here.
    26 days of the challenge left-and nothing tastes as good as thing feels!!!!!!We can all do this!!!
    Aphil
  • Saturday!!
    Hi everyone!! Good to see everyone suvivied Thanksgiving over there.

At WW this morning I was down another half a pound. I will take the small loses when they come....... they all add up!

DNW - I agree with Aphil on the shrinking stomach... it is a blessing! I find that I also can't eat the greasy chips, as much chocolate, and ice cream as I used to either. One of those very small 'fun' size chocolate bars is enough to get rid of a sugar craving for me now, instead of 2 whole chocolate bars! I am reaching for the fruit and veggies while out on the bike as well! yay!

Holly - Great to hear from you! Just think about how much exercise all that shovelling is going to be! I hope there is snow when I come over to the northern hemisphere in..... just over 3 weeks! woohoo!

Nancy - Great work with losing another pound! yay!!! That is so awesome.

Well I am off. I have to go into work today (my choice) for a few hours. Instead of taking the train on the crappy weekend schedule that could leave me sitting and waiting for 20 mins... I am thinking of taking the bike. I have never riden into the 'city' by myself before, and it is drizzling rain so I am unsure what to do, I have an hour or so to decide. Hubby is going to see Harry Potter with friends. I am not into the books or the movies. Seems like everyone is these days. That may be what turns me off the idea... who knows?

Talk to you guys later!
    Nola.
  • Hi everyone!!!!
    Today was a good day-I went with my husband out Christmas shopping, and we went and had lunch at Cracker Barrel. I knew about it this morning, so I ate a very light fruit breakfast, and had a light dinner as well-I did really good-passing on the biscuit/cornbread basket and had diet soda, I ordered meatloaf, potatoes, and cooked apples-but I was totally satisfied eating only half of each portion I was served-my stomach has also shrunk quite a bit-like DNW and Kanola just talked about. It IS such a blessing. I used to be able to eat the entire dinner plus the bread-now there is absolutely no way without a huge tummyache.
    I have been wrapping presents all evening as well...it is something I look forward to every year-it is very stress relieving for me.
    Well, I better get going-I have a lot to finish up. Everyone keep in control, and Kanola-congrats on another half pound down-it only takes two of them to be a whole pound!
    Aphil
  • Hello everyone -

Not much to say, except I still wasn't feeling well enough to exercise today - first time since Feb. that I've missed more than two days!! eek! but tomorrow for sure I'll feel better.

Have a great Sunday, drink that water, watch those calories, shake those buns!

Holly
  • Happy Sunday, everyone!

Aphil, I am so glad you brought up the Holiday Challenge. What I need to get back to is drinking water! I was so good over the summer; I had a co-worker who also drank alot and we would refill each other's pitchers all day - but I have slipped out of the habit. Now with the Challenge in mind, I have started drinking again.

And finally I could exercise today! The stupid head cold is finally on it's way out; and drinking the water is also going to help me get rid of the last of the cold.

Someone brought wicked Doritos into the house! I had a few handfuls yesterday, but vowed to not have any today. It was difficult, but after my tuna sandwich, water and two cups of coffee, I am too full to want any. Victory!

DNW, I had to look at an atlas to find Benson - didn't even know it existed! I'm in the north/central part of Vermont, about 20 miles north of Montpelier.

Hope everyone is doing well today. I am feeling so much better, especially being able to do my exercise routine today. And feeling strong and confident at getting through the holiday season without adding any pounds!!!

Your friend, Holly
  • Hello everyone,
    Today has went well-my calories have added up for the day to 1340, and thqt included lunch at Burger King. I checked out their website before we went, and a Chicken Whopper without the mayonnaise is only 340 calories and low in fat. Their are grilled chicken sandwiches as well low in fat at KFC and Wendys that are also very good. Burger King has a veggie burger with low fat or fat free mayo now on the menu, and it is also low in calories-I am not sure of the amount-check the site-but I have not tried it yet. You CAN have a meal at a fast food joint if you research the good choices.
    People wonder how I can eat at fast food restaurants 2-3 times a week and still be losing weight.
    My husband goes back to work after this week being home, and I can finally get back to my regular schedule of cleaning, exercise, and such. Amazing how a man being home can put a kink in all of that! ha ha
    Well, I need to get the kitchen cleaned up-talk to you all tomorrow.
    Aphil
  • Big thumbs up to you Aphil. You are doing awesomely. Before I know it you will have passed me. My scale must be broken because it has not budged. I have been getting on my elliptical machine. But no losses as of yet. I won't get discouraged by this because muscle weighs more than fat eventually the losses will come.

Well I know i have not posted daily but I am still here reading when I get the chance. It's just that the semester is coming to an end and they have started pile on the homework. But most importantly the finals are coming and I have been trying to get studying in as much as possible. So where I had extra time to chat with you all I am having to use that time to study.

Well I am doing my best and hopefully I will be able to start losing along with you Aphil. Holly I am glad to hear you are feeling better. DNW I guess we have to also ourselves a few slips without the guilt. Snowey much congratulations on your losses; you are doing so great.

I better head for bed. Talk to you all again really soon.
    Kina
  • Hello and good morning!
    Kina-do not be frustrated with the scale not budging...remember-I lost the first 10 pounds pretty quick between August and September, and then it was pretty much at a standstill from the end of September through the beginning of November-and now the scales are moving again. It is not uncommon for you to lose a few quickly, and then things slow for a while. I am right now feeling the effects of the 5 pounds I have lost this past couple weeks-I have been absolutely freezing for 3 days! I am sitting here right now in a t shirt and sweats, with my robe OVER them!!! It will take a week or two for my body to adjust its internal temperature again. It is also not uncommmon for your weight loss to slow quite a bit as you go down the scale-a 300 pound woman can lose 4 pounds a week eating 2000 calories a day, while a 150 pound woman may only lose 1/2 a pound eating 1500-since she is much closer to her goal weight her body does not burn near as much calories doing everyday things like walking and breathing! Don't worry about the scale so much-keep exercising and eating a lot of fruit and veggies and you will lose.
    I weighed in this morning and I am still holding at 196-I figured as much, since I have been so cold-I may not have much of a loss this coming week. I would really like to reach 190 by Christmas, but we will see-if not, I will try for New Years.
    Aphil