IP Daily Chat - Thur. 11 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Good "Rememberance Day" & "Veterns Day" to Everyone
    Quote: Today I stepped on my home scale to find that I have reached my initial goal of 155!!!!!!! My scale weighs 2 pounds heavier than the scale at the clinic, so I am hopeful that tomorrow's WI will be a good one.

However, now that I'm "here," I feel like I could stand to lose another 10 pounds -- so I won't be on Phase 2 for awhile. I'm hoping this last ten goes quicker than the ten pounds before.

I'm wondering if it's common to revise your goal downward? When I picked 155, I wasn't really sure I'd ever get there. I'd be extremely happy to hit 145 before the end of the year.
    Quote: I'm now in "normal" BMI! Woohoo!
    Girls, you are doing great!!!!

Well woke up to SNOW...LOTS OF SNOW!!!! My little kitty isn't liking it so much. I guess winter is here, but on the bright side....is it too early to dig out the Christmas music?? I LOVE CHRISTMAS....the music, the spirit, the sounds of the season. This will be my 1st IP Christmas...so I am looking forward to celebrating!!
  • Quote: Yea, me!!!.. I lost about 50 lbs. this morning!.. I rummaged through my closet again & took a load of too-big clothing to the Salvation Army... the wonderful thing was, in that same closet, I also came across a bunch of formerly-too-small clothing that now fits!!!.. some I haven't worn since the early 1990s... hey, did everything back then have shoulder pads?.. I even found a t-shirt with the darned things... I've been cutting them out & thinking I'll stuff a pillow with them...

Congrats to ALL on your many successes today!..

hugs
    ..Wow 50 lbs good going!!! So nice to get rid of the too big clothes and find too small clothes that FIT!!! Have fun in your closet!!! The shoulder pad thing....they probably will be back in style soon
  • As of today, I've lost as much weight as I have left to lose! It's amazing how everyday I find things I had difficulty doing at my highest weight. Especially stairs.. I love stairs now because I don't feel winded and my knees don't hurt going up them anymore!
  • Quote: ..Wow 50 lbs good going!!! So nice to get rid of the too big clothes and find too small clothes that FIT!!! Have fun in your closet!!! The shoulder pad thing....they probably will be back in style soon
    You're probably right about the shoulder pads... one of the first things I noticed after starting IP protocol & continuing my exercise routine was that my shoulders were beginning to look amazing... hopefully, I won't need any help in that area, so as far as I'm concerned, they can keep the shoulder pads!..

BTW, in case I confused anybody, the 50 lbs. was the load of clothing, not a weigh-in...

hugs
  • Need advice from everyone!!!
    Okay ladies and gents ---- I need as much feedback on this subject as possible and I welcome all comments, both positive and negative!

I have now been on the IP program for 11 weeks and have lost a total of 55 pounds and 32 inches. I am just blown away by how this program is working for me. For your info, I have not been on any other diet in my life --- I have only tried to lose the weight on my own --- without success.

Well, at my weigh-in yestserday, my coach told me that she thought I was losing the weight too fast. I said "What?" I thought the whole idea of this program was exactly that --- fast weight loss, including losing it without losing muscle mass.

The next thing she said was that she was a "little" concerned that I might be losing muscle. She was pretty much flabergasted that I have been having consistent losses each week. She then told me that I am her only client that has lost consecutively each week. Though I should be proud of this, the way she was explaining it was having a negative impact on me.

She has me eating 4 IP protein packs each day. I have not had any major cheats while on this program and I have been very strong with my will-power. I have snuck a tiny piece of cheese, maybe once or twice, but that is it.

I also exercise 3 or 4 times a week (which my coach advised was okay to do). I walk (no running) on my treadmill using a 15 minute program which gives me different speeds and inclines as high as 8. I then work with weights for about 10 minutes afterwards (wanting to tone my arms). I use 3 pound weights (nothing too big). I get a goodwork, get a bit of sweat going, and feel great afterwards.

I am taking the prescribed IP vitamins each day and I have added my own Wild Salmon capsule on the advice of a family member who is a personal trainer.

I remain on Phase 1. I still intend on losing another 25 pounds to reach my goal weight.

I also wanted to point out that my coach has only been teaching the program since January of this year. There are times that I ask her certain questions about the program and she has no answers for me. A friend of mine is also on the program and she told me that she asks our coach questions and she sometimes has the same response (not having an answer).

I welcome any comments/suggestions from an IP members who are on the program currently and/or have reached the maintenance stage and can give me some advice and/or comforting words.

Thanks!
    L
  • Quote: Okay ladies and gents ---- I need as much feedback on this subject as possible and I welcome all comments, both positive and negative!

I have now been on the IP program for 11 weeks and have lost a total of 55 pounds and 32 inches. I am just blown away by how this program is working for me. For your info, I have not been on any other diet in my life --- I have only tried to lose the weight on my own --- without success.

Well, at my weigh-in yestserday, my coach told me that she thought I was losing the weight too fast. I said "What?" I thought the whole idea of this program was exactly that --- fast weight loss, including losing it without losing muscle mass.

The next thing she said was that she was a "little" concerned that I might be losing muscle. She was pretty much flabergasted that I have been having consistent losses each week. She then told me that I am her only client that has lost consecutively each week. Though I should be proud of this, the way she was explaining it was having a negative impact on me.

She has me eating 4 IP protein packs each day. I have not had any major cheats while on this program and I have been very strong with my will-power. I have snuck a tiny piece of cheese, maybe once or twice, but that is it.

I also exercise 3 or 4 times a week (which my coach advised was okay to do). I walk (no running) on my treadmill using a 15 minute program which gives me different speeds and inclines as high as 8. I then work with weights for about 10 minutes afterwards (wanting to tone my arms). I use 3 pound weights (nothing too big). I get a goodwork, get a bit of sweat going, and feel great afterwards.

I am taking the prescribed IP vitamins each day and I have added my own Wild Salmon capsule on the advice of a family member who is a personal trainer.

I remain on Phase 1. I still intend on losing another 25 pounds to reach my goal weight.

I also wanted to point out that my coach has only been teaching the program since January of this year. There are times that I ask her certain questions about the program and she has no answers for me. A friend of mine is also on the program and she told me that she asks our coach questions and she sometimes has the same response (not having an answer).

I welcome any comments/suggestions from an IP members who are on the program currently and/or have reached the maintenance stage and can give me some advice and/or comforting words.

Thanks!
    L

WOW! 55lbs in 11 weeks?! You are flying! My opinion is you have found the perfect program for you. As long as you are following protocal and feel great then why question what you are doing? Your coach doesn't really have enough experience yet to say that you are losing too fast. If you have a concern, consult your doctor for a full work-up. Otherwise- Enjoy your progress and full speed ahead!
  • Quote: Okay ladies and gents ---- I need as much feedback on this subject as possible and I welcome all comments, both positive and negative!

Thanks!
    L
    I think there are a few explanations for your success on the program. First I imagine that if you had maintaned a weight of 280 for a long time it is likely that your metabolic rate and caloric intake was comissurate with that weight (ie. more body mass = more kcals burned and needed to maintain said weight). So your body's natural burn rate has not caught up with your drastic calorie reduction. On the other hand it is likely that you are losing some muscle too, though keeping active and using your muscles prevents atrophy and wasting so you should maintain strength. It took a lot of muscle to carry around that weight even if there was a large percentage of fat. When you get to your goal you may not need as much muscle. If you really want to know what is going on though your best bet would be to find somewhere that will measure your body fat by DEXA or underwater weighing. You can do this now and as you approach your goal. It may be worth the money to prove your coach wrong! Oh and great job. Keep on the path!
  • JonathanandZeus I think you are doing AMAZING!!!! I am personally down 25lbs in 5 weeks and feel great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!
    L
    Nope....I don't think you are losing too fast at all...awesome amazing and congrats. My coach lost 98 pounds in 16 weeks (he's a guy). My friend lost 110 in 23 weeks. I wanted to lose 76 in about 22 weeks, but not looking like that will happen. I was losing so well. I have stuck to this diet to the "T" not even one nibble off protocol. I have noticed the most successful seemed to be eating 4 packets a day. I switched 3 days ago to 3.5 or 4 packets and started losing faster again....we will see. I have lost 34 pounds in 8 weeks.
  • It's my understanding we should go on the program at least once a year to re-set our pancreas after we have successfully phased off the program. Anyone have experience with that yet?
  • Wow I haven't been here for far too long! Let's just say I met a new guy and took an extended vacation from IP. Fortunately, we got to talking the other day about eating healthier and he enjoys eating almost to protocol exactly how we eat on plan (Protein and veggies, minus the ip packets, because he used to be a wrestler) what are the odds! So now, I will finally have the support I need to stay on track until I finally finally finally reach my goal. I do plan however, to take a day or 2 off to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, but I think it will be ok. Congrats to all of you who have been here since the last time I was actively checking 3fc and hello to all the newbies!

Thanks!
    L
    I know a guy who lost 90 lbs in 18 weeks..and a woman who lost 52 lbs in 18 weeks but she lost every bit she needed to...so you never know how your going to feel or how fast you lose...
    questions you have to answer...do you feel good?? are you shaky ? tired?
    losing hair? if no..hey tell her to do more studying and enjoy your new body

Thanks!
    L

I think a trip to your M.D. might be a good idea. See what s/he has to say.
    Maybe your coach sees the bottom line that you will be on maintenance soon and doesn't want to lose you! haha
  • [QUOTE=JonathanandZeus;3564118]Okay ladies and gents ---- I need as much feedback on this subject as possible and I welcome all comments, both positive and negative!

I have lost 52 lbs in 16 weeks and nothing has been said to me about losing weight too fast. If anything, they have been concerned that a few different wks I stayed the same or only lost 1/2lb. They promote the diet as a fast losing program and you sound like a star pupil! I am at a loss regarding their reaction to you! I get frustrated with the inconsistencies and mixed messages. Don't get me wrong, I love the diet and I have had fabulous success it just seems like they could/should standardized clinics a bit more!

My first instinct as a longtime teacher in the alternative health field is to trust your body. If you feel well and don't feel the need to slow down, know that you are getting enough protein to conserve your muscles and enough nutrients to keep you going.

Some people need to go slower, either for psychological reasons (to get used to the changes) or for health reasons, but maybe you are not one of them. Some people do lose really fast and are fine with it.

Sounds like the coach is a little unsure of herself, and instead of celebrating you as being at the highly successful end of the bell curve, wants to corral you into HER comfort zone.

My question for you is, do you trust yourself enough to make your own judgement call on this? And do you trust your body's inherent wisdom?