Finished my first Half marathon this weekend!

• I don't post too often, but was too excited to keep quiet! My boyfriend and I ran our first half marathon this Saturday.

My bf ran his in 2 hrs 20 min. I ran mine in 3 hrs 15 min, with a stop to assess a lady who had been in a car accident on the road.

I am psyched and signed up for the mini marathon for the Indy 500 in May. I am REALLY looking forward to keeping up all the good work I have done.
  • Great time, keep up the training and you will do well.
  • Way to go
  • Congrats!! what an accomplishment..
  • Awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • Thanks guys! It's been very discouraging to work out for the last year and just maintain my loss so far. I really want to break through this plateau and get the last 20 lbs off.

In the meantime, running the race gives me a feeling of success in the meantime. Life is good!
  • WOW! That is amazing - congratulations. I am incredibly impressed by all of you distance runners. I simply do not have the mental (or physical) stamina for it.

• You know, when I look back at it... it was easier to learn to go the distance. The HARD part was training my mind to tell myself that I could do it!
  • Congratulations Diary!!!!! finisishing that 13.1 is quite a feeling. You're awesome!!
  • Way to go!!!

(dance party in your honor )
  • Congrats! I'm running my first this Sunday! I'm super excited. On the weight loss front, you may have been running too much to lose weight. I lost a measly 5 lbs while I was training for my half and those five pretty much came off these last two weeks during my tapering. So less milage = more weight loss. A lot of people maintain or gain when training.

Again great job!
  • If anything, I think I was undertrained for the half. I have been about the same weight for a year now. While it is a lot better than where I started, it's definitely not where I would like to be forever.

The long runs definitely improved my lipid profile though. I was really happy about that. Now that I think about it, I did gain about 2 lbs while training. Right now, I am working to break through this plateau so that I can be lighter for the next race!

I will have to be aware when I start training for the mini in May.

Ncuneo, good luck running your first full! I think I might have to do a full, but it's going to be possibly years of training trying to get faster. I don't want to be out there for 6+ hours working to get it done!
  • Outstanding!