Anyone trying the Carb Lovers Diet?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is the one put out by Health Magazine. I bought the book, but am looking for some support. They don't seem to have a Carb Lovers Forum on their site.
  • I have seen it - just not done it. It does look interesting thought.
  • oo, oo, how's it going?

That's the one I'm looking at to see me over the winter, when our bodies are programmed to need more carbs. It's poised in my amazon basket until I go into town this afternoon and see if I can pick it up.

I like the look of some of the recipes, and I'm at the stage of needing something like this just to change up what I've been doing and give me a renewed focus.

So ~ how's it going, and can I be in your group?
  • I just discovered this book yesterday! I am wanting to get started on it, too.

I know low carb is very popular now, but I'm convinced my hunger is kept at bay better by carbs.
  • The Cherry Ginger Scones!! Absolutely wonderful!

Still waiting for the book but the online recipes are lovely.
  • Woohoo! Book's arrived.
    Even sticking to the principles, roughly, has helped. Happy.
  • I'm going shopping on Monday for the ingredients for a week of this. It's going to be quite a challenge, sticking to set menus but I feel I need that discipline.

Anyway, I've been eating according to the Diet's principles while I waited for the book to come, and in 4 days I've lost 2.5lbs. Obviously, part of that is having dropped my calories from 1400 to 1200, which is the level the book advises for a 7 day kick start; but I have increased my (good) carbs too, and it hasn't had the ballooning effect I might have feared. In fact, my morning ankles are the thinnest they've been for years!

Hope the other ladies who were looking at the book might join in/say how they're going?
  • Can't complain about this diet so far! 3.7lbs in 5 days is pretty encouraging.

Come and join me!
  • Wow, today I have been So Hungry! I can't remember feeling this hungry on a diet for years.
    Either I will see an (even more) massive drop on the scales tomorrow, or a gain, as my body frantically hangs onto water. We'll see.

Funny, I was hungry when I got up but had a breakfast I often do, Yogurt sprinkled with ground flaxseeds and nuts, a banana.
    Feeling in need of a snack, I had one of the Ginger Scones out of the Book, a huge 300 calories there.
    Lunch around 1, for which I was ravenous: my own Stir-Fry Soup, followed by roast turkey and sprouts.
    Dinner no later than 6. Oh yes, another from the Book: 3 crispbread, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 apple and 1 ounce cheese (I didn't have cheddar, so had 1.5 oz jarlsberg instead). I loved it.
    Evening treat of coffee made 100% with lactofree semi-skimmed.
    1200 calories. It's not That much less than 1400. And yet I could eat the furniture today.
    Happily, my head's not hungry - it's too full of cold, throat infection etc to care - and now it's bed time. Hopefully, tomorrow will feel fuller!
  • Quote: Wow, today I have been So Hungry! I can't remember feeling this hungry on a diet for years.
    Either I will see an (even more) massive drop on the scales tomorrow, or a gain, as my body frantically hangs onto water. We'll see.
    OK, so there was a third option, and that was to maintain, which is what I've done. My ankles are quite puffy, so I'm hoping they're masking a huge fat loss underneath.

Onwards.
  • A bounce up today, which is absolutely my normal pattern. I may have to tinker with the calories though. Although I feel mentally magnificent, I am very, very, very hungry.
  • Bounce back down today.
    I finally felt well enough from my cold, and made space in my workday - and got a walk! Just as well, I literally had no food left in the house.
    I was desperate for a salad, and ate a whole bag of mixed leaves, with some roast beef and feta cheese. Yummy. I think what I've been missing all this week is veggie bulk; with it, no problem with sticking to the 1200, which I'd like to do a bit longer, if possible.
  • 166.5 today, I'm speechless.

Maybe the hunger earlier in the week was to do with being unwell? Don't know. I certainly didn't yesterday/don't today feel anything like stuffed or even full but I don't feel the terrible cavernousness. On again.
  • Same again today. Hunger has not been an issue today at all. I wonder why. Maybe I was using a lot of calories fighting my cold for the rest of the week? Not sure.
  • Really settled into this now. I've done 13 days, and lost 5lbs in that time, which is pretty darned impressive, given that I'd already lost 45, it's not first-time weight.
    I'll stick with this for a while.