Ideal protein question

• Does anyone know if we can use splenda on this diet and yellow mustard? My mustard has no sugar or carbs and no fat.
    Thanks!
  • Quote: Does anyone know if we can use splenda on this diet and yellow mustard? My mustard has no sugar or carbs and no fat.
    Thanks!
    Hi,
    We can use yellow mustard - it definitely helps to add some flavor to some of our meals.

As for the splenda, I've heard different opinions. My current coach says with regards to sweetners, to use the yellow packets (which is Spleda), but a previous coach suggested no sweetners at all. I think his philosophy was to avoid sweetening our food at all so that we don't get 'addicted' to the sweetness and want to add sugar to our foods/drinks, etc once we phase off. But I'm not sure that I buy that.

At this point I think adding a bit of sweetener (if it's 'legal' for us) may help us maintain interest in the foods that we are eating and sometimes that is what we need.

Not sure if others may have heard other info, but that is just what I have been told.
    -
  • Quote: Does anyone know if we can use splenda on this diet and yellow mustard? My mustard has no sugar or carbs and no fat.
    Thanks!
    Yes I was told I could use sweetener. Splenda from my couch was a def yes!!! I couldn't live with out it in my coffee, tea, or cereal.
  • Quote: Yes I was told I could use sweetener. Splenda from my couch was a def yes!!! I couldn't live with out it in my coffee, tea, or cereal.
    Yellow mustard and dijon are both okay. Always check the labels. My coach says yes to Splenda and Xylitol (derivative of the birch tree).
  • Oh, and stevia is okay too, according to my coach. Aspertame is not because the body synthesizes it just like sugar. Aspertame is also not good for diabetics.
    Thanks!
    Yes to yellow mustard. Yes to splenda. YES to both of them together!
    Thanks!

Hi I used splenda several times a day since day 1 because I was told yes, and is not affecting me at all, we can also use yellow mustard.
    Thanks!
    We all know that our coaches have different opinions on certain products.

My coach told me that she only wanted me to use Stevia --- so that is what I have been using.

Hope this helps!

L
  • I use splenda and am halfway to my goal weight after only 5 weeks
  • Yes to splenda and stevia. Splenda is sucralose which is the sweetner is IP products.
  • There is a maple syrup type product made by IP and its zero carbs, fat and calories. Its very sweet and you can totally use it as a substitute for sugar
  • Someone posted a receipe for Chicken fried rice and said that they used egg whites instead of a whole egg so it would not count as their protien. Is this true or would it count as a protien? I think it would seeing as the egg white is the healthy part of the egg and full of protien. Anyway I will ask my coach next week. I am new to this program and just trying to find different foods to eat to make up for all the carbs I use to consume.
    Thanks
  • My coach says to use Stevia, and luckily for me I don't use any of it as I drink water. The only thing I used to use Equal in was my iced tea. That is gone now too. Looks like others give it a green light, so
  • Quote: Someone posted a receipe for Chicken fried rice and said that they used egg whites instead of a whole egg so it would not count as their protien. Is this true or would it count as a protien? I think it would seeing as the egg white is the healthy part of the egg and full of protien. Anyway I will ask my coach next week. I am new to this program and just trying to find different foods to eat to make up for all the carbs I use to consume.
    Thanks
    I think you've got it backwards. The healthy part of an egg is the yolk. The white, however, is a lot lower in calories.

One large egg white has 17 calories, 3.6 gr of protein, .06 fat;
    1 egg yolk has 55 calories, 2.7 gr of protein, and 4.51 grams of fat AND a lot of the minerals, amino acids, etc. Please see
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcom..._search_new.pl