Woooohooooo!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Pumpkin oatmeal
    This is all approximate - I just go by feel...you're welcome to leave out the fiber powder, or sub milk or water for the Almond Breeze, or use natural sweeteners instead of my fake, chemically stuff~

-1 package plain instant oatmeal or slightly more than 1/4 cup if you're measuring from bulk (about 30 g)
    -2-3 heaping spoons pureed oatmeal (about 1/4 -1/3 cup) - fresh or canned, not the pumpkin pie filling
    -1/2 tsp cinnamon or so
    -dash ground cloves
    -dash nutmeg
    -dash salt (I buy unsalted pumpkin puree, so I use a bit more than a dash)
    -1 packet splenda
    -About 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
    -about 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
    -one serving fiber powder (I use generic benefiber)

Microwave 2 minutes, stir, and microwave about 2 more minutes - or until desired thickness.

This can also certainly be done with old fashioned oats, just microwave a bit longer. It also tastes good with the unsweetened chocolate almond breeze (I tried it when I ran out of vanilla this morning)

Overall calories (approximately)
    Oats - 100 cals
    Pumpkin - 30 cals
    Syrup - 25 cals
    Almond breeze - about 20 cals

I've also stirred in a scrambled raw egg after the first 2 minutes in the microwave...stirring really well - adds some protein, very hearty, changes texture slightly - adds some fluff

Ragout is basically any thick stew simmered over low heat - I saute onions, 2 turkey sausage links (italian seasoned), and some carrots in a tiny bit of olive oil. When tender and the sausage is brown, I add one can of diced tomatoes, 2 cans of cannellini beans, and about a cup or two of chicken stock, along with oregano, basil and a bay leaf. After simmering the mixture until the beans have started to thicken the stock, I add in lots of fresh baby spinach. Before serving, stir in a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice...and it's a big dish of yumminess
  • Thanks Spixiet!! For both recipes. I never thought of using white beans in ragout.

Ooooooooooooo, can't wait!
  • WHOOOOOHOOOOO indeed!

• Yay spixiet!!! Thank you for the recipes...they sound yummy. You keep up the good work! I love your avitar picture your so pretty your smile is contagious
  • Awesome work, Spixiet! Yaaay!

I'll have to try that recipe very soon. I love pumpkin and oatmeal is growing on me.
  • ♥ goal4agirl
    thanks