Early AM Exercisers---How Do You Do It?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I've been going to 6am spinning religiously for a month, but it's not easy!

My alarm clock is set. My phone alarm (on the other side of the apartment) is set. And, a light in my room is attached to a timer to automatically turn on. I'm going to have to get out of bed to turn any of this off, and by then I'm usually up and ready to go.

I have one cup of coffee with cream before the AM workout and real breakfast afterward. But, then again, I've never been the type to eat right when I wake up!

Congrats for making it out the door!
  • I went this morning!
  • i just started getting up at 5am before work to do my workouts and i LOVE it! i set my alarm, force myself out of bed, drink a cup of coffee, and i'm on my way!
  • Quote: I did it!

CherylMN--did you? I used to be Cheryl (from MN) and now I am Cheryl (from SD). LOL! Where are you in MN?
    You rock, Cheryl-formerly-from-MN!! I did NOT rock, sadly. I miss my morning routines, but I did workout 3x last week. Not great, but considering I had several days where I was working into the wee hours, it was an accomplishment.

This week WILL be different. Tomorrow, I "Shred". 30 minutes - that's all it takes. Let's keep each other motivated!!!

And I live in the south metro. Did you live in the cities or rural MN?
  • I got up this morning and did Tae Bo before work.

My stamina is still sh!t compared to afternoon workouts though. Should I be eating something first?