Pre-Gaming: Can I do Anything to Prepare for Phase I?

• Hi all,

I have been browsing the sticky threads above and I searched the forum but I couldn't find info on this question:

If I can't start IP right this second (or this week or this month!) is there anything I can or should be preparing myself for in the interim?

Should I be trying to give up sweets right now?

Should I shun dairy?

Or should I just wait until I get the ball rolling with IP?

Thanks everyone!
    ~Heff
  • IP is a low carb diet. You should cut out all sugar, grains, carby vegetables like potatoes, carrots, winter squash, peas. Your carb intake should come from the allowed vegetable list. What I would do is try to follow the recommendations for dinner, and substituting lean protein for the IP packets for your other meals. And drink lots of water!
  • I am back been gone for a while I have had some health issues and so I went off program for a few weeks and I feel yucky being off of it. Glad to see all the progress you all are making.
  • Quote: Hi all,

I have been browsing the sticky threads above and I searched the forum but I couldn't find info on this question:

If I can't start IP right this second (or this week or this month!) is there anything I can or should be preparing myself for in the interim?

Should I be trying to give up sweets right now?

Should I shun dairy?

Or should I just wait until I get the ball rolling with IP?

Thanks everyone!
    ~Heff
    If you can't start IP right now (why not?), you can still make healthy food choices. No harm in giving up sweets, whether now or permanently. I don't see any reason to shun dairy. Just be wise in your food choices, eat healthy meals, good portion sizes, and lots of veggies.
  • I am about a week and a half into IP and what I did the weekend before I started was to cut way back on carbs. I also substituted in one of the EAS carb advantage shakes for breakfast and a snack. I think it helped make my first few days of IP a little easier.
  • Empty your house of temptations...and I don't mean eat them....pitch them. They won't support you in the end.....as it said around here.....

Skinny feels a lot better than anything you could put in your mouth!!!!!....or something like that!
  • Cut the junk - now!
    My biggest mistake before starting the diet was just cramming myself of everything I loved knowing I wouldn't be eating any of it for a while (donuts, cookies, nachos - I made a royal pig of myself that weekend before I started). I was absolutely MISERABLE the first week of the diet. I kept waiting for Ketosis to kick in about day 3 or 4.....nothing. Finally I woke up on day 6 and felt good. I honestly think it took longer for my body to get in the swing of things with the diet because I had stuffed myself so full of junk before starting the diet. Don't do it!
  • I agree with getting rid of the sweets and tempstations from your pantry! Embrace IP as a better way of eating, not as a major lifestyle change... Not overeating before is also a good way to start!
  • Hi, well If you are already on phase 1 you have no choice but cutting off starchy veggies, pastas, grains, sugars, fats, etc... But If you are about to start all you can do to prepare is to eat the things you love the most before, or go to your favorite restaurant, to say good bye to ur favorite treats, tha's what I did, and your chances to stick to plan are better because the diet is mostly based on ketosis, and once you reach ketosis, and get out of it you basically stop loosing. But other than that "crazy" advice you dont need to do anything else to prepare for the diet ahead of time. GOOD LUCK.
  • Quote: I am about a week and a half into IP and what I did the weekend before I started was to cut way back on carbs. I also substituted in one of the EAS carb advantage shakes for breakfast and a snack. I think it helped make my first few days of IP a little easier.
    I did the same, but a friend here wrote that it might contain toxic hidden ingridients I did googled some info but found out that it was muscle milk, and eas myoplex, I dont know about eas advantege carb control yet.