Rolling back nearly 35 years!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • 172 was to be a significant number for me. The first time I lost a lot of weight was in my very early 20s, when I got down to 114. My start weight was 172, I remember it very well. So that I'm back there again.

I try not to remember that at 172 as a startweight, I would have unhesitatingly described myself as a big, fat cow; while having lost 70lbs (actually, 70.1, today I am 171.9!!!), I feel dam' proud of myself and hot.......
  • that's fantastic!!!! yay!
  • WHOOOHOOOO!

I'm so proud of everything you've been able to accomplish!
  • Oh, yeah I remember hating the weight I am now when I was in my 20's. Wish I knew then what I know now! But now I know this is a healthy weight and while I am still trying to lose more, I am not the "cow" I called myself then.
  • SO happy and excited for you!!!
  • Haha! I'm glad at that age I didn't own a scale. I measured all success by nothing but a dress size. So I can not make that comparison, especially now with vanity sizing.

Back to a weight you saw in your 20's! Wahoo!
  • Awesome!! Good job!!
  • Fantastic, Rosinante! Well done!!!!!
  • awsome job.

I remember when I thought 145 was "fat" now it's my goal lol
  • Fantastic! Way to go!
  • What an awesome milestone!! You are doing great!!! Keep it up
  • It's amazing how our perspectives can change over the years. Congratulations on making such a big personal milestone!
  • Quote:
    I try not to remember that at 172 as a startweight, I would have unhesitatingly described myself as a big, fat cow; while having lost 70lbs (actually, 70.1, today I am 171.9!!!), I feel dam' proud of myself and hot.......
    I've been feeling the same way lately. I'm right about where I was when I got pregnant with my oldest child (and the point at which I started a serious weight loss effort after his birth). I remember feeling like I was a huge, fat, flabby, insert any other negative word you can think of for someone carrying an extra few pounds, cow at that point. Now I feel awesome at this weight! It's weird how our perspectives change, isn't it?