11/07 24............19---------28
    11/08 26............18---------27
    11/09 32............19---------26
    11/10 17............10---------24
    11/11 25............15---------23
    11/12
    11/13
    11/14
  • Quote: But am I losing any weight ... or inches for that matter?? That is the question... I am going to measure myself next Monday to see

My size 12s seem to be falling down. A couple more lbs and I am half-way there.
    Glad to hear that your pants are getting larger. That's what you want, right?

My hips no longer prevent the effects of gravity when I wear any of 4 pairs of pants bought in August.

Quote: Here is what I'm getting ready to make for dinner -- no rice, though. I'm also going to add brocoli.

Spicy Garlic Shrimp with Coconut Rice
    Glad you're feeling better. From what I've heard from relatives, shingles is an experience to be avoided and/or never repeated.

The recipe sounds great. Although I could substitute a different protein, I may have to acquire a taste for shrimp!

Quote: With the holidays coming I find myself looking for those substitute recipes, and yet I know I will eat too much of them, and THEN I will make the real thing because the fake was not quite good enough and then the madness just continues.

I am going to make a primal stuffing for T Day though, it is made with coconut flour muffins, and has leeks and prochitto. And I am making a flour free chocolate cake (like truffles almost) But other than that I am just going to stick to prime rib, turkey and lots of veggie sides
    I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just easier and faster to have what you really want. Who had the advertising slogan, "Accept no substitutes?"

And a flour-free cake sounds perfect! My sweetheart has made several of them in the few years I've known him and I much prefer the egg-butter-chocolate cakes to the fluffier flour ones. They're so rich and the flavour is so intense that I only needed and wanted a small piece.

---
    The coconut oil - ghee product is convenient and works nicely when I want less of a coconut flavour. I used it today with onions and some bok choy.

I made a crockpot of beef stew (rutabaga, onion, garlic & mushrooms with some red wine) on Monday. That has been an absolute delight several evenings, especially after I thought to add a little cream to it after heating. And, I've got my daily calories up to 1500 - 1600 and fat % is averaging 50 - 60% for the last week. Where's my easy button?
  • Quote: Hi ladies!

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spi..._coconut_rice/
    I crave the Red Lobster version of Shrimp Scampi. In fact the last time I went to the local Red Lobster, for an all you can eat shrimp fest, the other stuff tasted blah (this was before Primal), but the Scampi was great. Does anyone know how they season it? I have had scampi other places and it just doesn't taste the same...
  • Ilene,

I finally figured out Bob's handle on MDA. Spent a lot of time reading through his journal. It was eerie reading his excitement about his first couple months of weight loss - 25 plus pounds each. Knowing that in the first weeks of August, he was going to be hit with Gout and the need to go off of low-carb or at least his IFing routine. It was so sad to read. He stopped his journal with out mentioning the gout. He replied to a few posts after that and mentioned it on only one that I saw. And then just disappeared. I wish he would just drop in once and let us know he is OK.

His posts were always so well researched and to the point. I learned so much from him and I pray that he is researching the heck out of gout and is doing well on another forum or that he has his own blog. He talked about one or more but I did not see any URLs.
  • really? I remember him mentioning his user name on MDA once here, but was not able to find it later. I was wondering if he ever posted there anymore. I even searched through all the gout postings to see if he would be on there.

You saw my posting yesterday about cauliflower and brussel spouts, NEVER again will I have those on the same day!
    I am being very gentle to my tummy today trying to calm it down. The feeling that I might blow up at any moment is not pleasent! (especially since I fired my front desk gal and I am at the front desk working 90% of the time! EEEKKKK)
  • Snow Tuesday morning during my commute--and a little mid day too, they are threatning snow a little this weekend, the passes are getting a good share.....I guess winter really is here.

My house was freezing this morning, I spent 45 minutes under a blankie in my recliner with a cup of chia and coconut milk......I really was hoping I could just call this a weekend and stay right there!
  • Sandy, I miss Bob too, he was fun and very inspiring to see his progress...The internet is a great tool and it sad when we get to "know" someone then they disappear. Maybe he'll be back he just needs time... I knew his handle when he was posting but it's slipped my mind just now... I myself haven't been to the MDA site in a while...
  • After I read my post on Bob, I thought, those gals are going to think I am a stalker. Well I would be if I knew his real name LOL No, just kidding. But you are right on, Ilene, when you say it is sad when you get to "know" someone and they just disappear.

When he was doing his weigh-in, we all waited with baited breath, just to find out his number. Some even had a friendly bet going. I think we helped him as well. His own little cheer-leading team...
  • Day 12
    2 Week Carb Challenge
    Total Carbs - Net Carbs - Average
    11/01 21 ...........14---------14
    11/02 20 ...........14---------14
    11/03 76 ...........59---------29
    11/04 88 ...........71---------40
    11/05 15 .............9---------29
    11/06 15 ...........13---------30
    11/12 29............20---------23
    11/13
    11/14
  • Quick pop-in ... I figured out how to reduce the "getting up dizziness" have more salt. It may not be an option for everyone, but it works for me!

Sandy, I think it's connected to the water issue. I seem to urinate more than I used to. Use and lose more water ... you also lose electrolytes like sodium. Also we're not eating a lot of processed food, where you can get your RDA for sodium in half a regular portion of some foods.
  • Didn't Bob call himself Grol at MDA? I closed that window but I'll look later. I don't think I've seen him there lately either.
  • Yes that was it. He had a Journal but no activity since the end of August or so.
  • Hey Ladies!

Funny (or freaky) that you have been mentioning this Bob person and how he disappeared. I am here to say thank you for all the info over the past while. I know I wasn't here long or posted a lot however I have been getting a lot of days teaching (I am a subsititute) and am able to afford a personal trainer. I started with him today and I think I need to focus my energies on what he says...both nutrition-wise and exercise. He is does believe in carbs, however he feels one serving of something whole grain daily is ok...and does not think anyone needs the food pyramid allottment.

Thanks again everyone and I hope you all reach your goals!!
    And Sandy...I saw a Colorado licence plate yesterday...they were a LONG way from home! lol
  • Sorry to see you go Maddie
    But thanks for saying good-bye. Please let us know down the road what you did and how it worked for you. I agree that you need to focus on one way of doing things. It is confusing enough as it is.

You will know soon if it works for you. You could even teach your trainer a thing or two. LOL

Good Luck!
  • Day 13
    2 Week Carb Challenge
    Total Carbs - Net Carbs - Average
    11/01 21 ...........14---------14
    11/02 20 ...........14---------14
    11/03 76 ...........59---------29
    11/04 88 ...........71---------40
    11/05 15 .............9---------29
    11/06 15 ...........13---------30
    11/12 29............20---------23
    11/13 38............19---------23
    11/14

One more day, doesn't look like I will make it down to 20 average or 149 .
    I pretty much just cleared the bloat from Vegas. Good enough...