I finally wore my leather jacket!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • ok a little history...i've had this jacket for more than 5 years. i was prego with my daughter when i won this jacket in a drawing. i clearly couldn't wear it at all at the time, but i said i could fit into the large after pregnancy. well my daughter will be 6 in Jan. I've still never worn it. until yesterday, it still had the tag on it. I've never been under 200# since then either, so i couldn't even fit it on my arms alot of the time. naturally, this past spring and summer i said I WILL WEAR THIS LEATHER JACKET! along with my winter coat that i've never worn.

so, yesterday i wore it to my mil's and trick or treating. for the first time ever, i didn't feel like the fat mom walking with my kids to the houses. i had fun with the family, ate some gumbo, and stayed away from the candy bowl.
  • describing the jacket
    well i'm not having any luck finding an online picture of a similar jacket. i don't have a camera, so i'll just descibe it. it's short, black, 3 buttons, sorta a patchwork design on it in stitching, but its all black. most of the pictures i found have zippers.

of course, it's not really about the jacket. it's about wanting to finally change myself. wearing is just external proof that i finally am.
  • Congratulations on finally fitting into that jacket!!! Sadly, I always bought jackets that were too big, so when I fit into them, it wasn't a good thing.
  • Congrats! That is an awesome NSV!!!
  • That's so wonderful!!! Congrats and keep up the good work.
  • That's awesome!! Congratulations.
  • Congrats!!
  • Great work, Katy! It's always nice to get the NSV to keep ya motivated.

Barb
  • That is so wonderful! I love it when you say for the first time ever you didn't feel like the fat mom walking with their kids...
    that is so awesome! Congratulations to you! You should be so proud
  • Absolutely wonderful!

Congratulations and may you have many opportunities to wear the jacket over the coming weeks!
  • Congrats. dear!
  • thanks everyone posting about these is so motivating. well, i'm not sure how much i'll get to wear the jacket. it's getting colder especially at night in the midwest. it wouldn't keep me warm in the winter at all, but still fun to wear and maybe some other year i could get a winter leather coat.
  • WTG!! I know you wont get to wear it long but it is a huge step to be able to do something that you never thought you could! Just imagine next year when you pull it out again it will be a bit loose on you!
  • Congratulations! That's awesome
  • That's fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself, now all of your hard work is paying off!!! woo hoo . Congrats!