Good luck!

• Good luck, tonight, everyone. Don't cave! Not worth it!
  • Totally agree!!! I'm not handing any candy out! There are plenty of other houses in this neighborhood to get candy!
  • I'm handing out toys - stretchy rubber lizards and plastic princess rings.
  • I made it without touching the candy by waiting until the last minute (6:00 tonight) before buying it, then handing it out in bulk to make sure I ran out. Now is the hard part - staying away from my kids' candy!!
  • I have chocolate cheesecake (mrc) in the fridge so if I want something sweet I can have that for breakfast today and be set
  • Well, I didn't make it, though I didn't get totally out of control.

We had a birthday party for my nephew, so I avoided the sloppy joes (mmm, love those!) and birthday cake. Then, I had waited until the last second to buy candy, and I made sure I got something I didn't particularly LOVE (Twizzlers--I can take them or leave them) and wasn't too terribly bad even if I do have a few.

But the chocolate cravings (especially after having looked at/smelled the birthday cake) were too powerful. I was out of cocoa and pudding, so I ended up eating a couple handfuls of chocolate chips (tucked away in the baking cupboard--I had forgotten about them). But, I stopped myself at that, and actually threw them away (opened the bag and sprinkled into the full trashbag) so I wouldn't keep eating them.

I'm disappointed in myself, but it could have been worse.