One Year Anniversary

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This week I have been on my program for one year. This is a HUGE milestone for me because I have never stuck with a weight loss/health regime for more than a few months. The numbers are impressive ( 71 pounds down from highest weight; 51 down from when I officially re-started ) but it is the TIME that is the big deal. If I keep spending time following my program the numbers will follow.

Things that have changed for me:
    - I don't huff and puff up stairs. I bound up them.
    - My boobs no longer rest on the table at a restaurant with booths.
    - I wore a bathing suit in public.
    - I discovered an hourglass shape starting to appear.
    - I have no idea how to shop for my new shape but I am having fun learning.
    - May face shape has gone from round to square. *Just like clothes shopping, I have some (fun!) hair learning to do.
    - I exercise regularly and like it even on those days when I don't want to go I'm glad I went afterwards.
    - I walk between parked cars in parking lots without turning sideways or fear of not fitting through.
    - Shoe lace tying is no big deal. *Due to increased flexibility from exercise and less bulk on my body I lift my leg and foot up to waist level to tie while balancing on the other leg. *I can also bend down to do it as well.
    - I participate in all kinds of activities now because I'm not too tired or winded to do so. *

I could go on and I know I'm forgetting some things, but I think it is clear that life us much different for me today than a year ago. *All those posters that said , "start today! *A year from now you will be glad you did," were right on the money. *

Thank you all for your continued support as I work my way from playing the role of the token fat chick to playing the role of supporting actress to playing the role of leading lady.

I would love to post pictures but don't know how. *
  • Way to stick with it, good for you!

I've often said that it's almost a blessing to have to lose 100+ lbs as it forces long term changes to get results. You can't just "diet" for a few weeks and fit into a favorite outfit, you HAVE to make changes you can live with long term, because you're going to be in the process for a long time. And thanks to 3FC we know that maintenance is going to be more of the same if we don't want to gain it back.
  • Good job and Happy Anniversary!

Boobs that don't rest on top of the table...can't wait for that! Lol
  • Wow!!! What a year it's been for you. Congratulations!!! I can relate to each and every one of your changes. The rewards are absolutely spectacular, aren't they?!?!?!

It is so lovely how you worded this, it actually brought tears to my eyes:

Quote:
    Thank you all for your continued support as I work my way from playing the role of the token fat chick to playing the role of supporting actress to playing the role of leading lady.
    Congratulations once again. On to year number 2!!!

Something tells me it's going to be another winner with many more rewards and joy.
  • Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful post to read. Great job!
  • Congratulations! I've been dreaming about my one year anniversary. It's coming up in 11 days.

This is the longest I've every tried weight loss to, and also the largest amount of success I've ever had. It really is a game of patience and perseverance. Who knew?

I started this journey thinking exactly the quote you mentioned, "A year from now you'll be glad you started today." Well, it's been a year, and yes indeed I am! I can't imagine transporting myself back to this time last year. I hoped I would be at goal by the time the year was up, but now that it's here, I don't care a bit. It doesn't matter because my habits are so firm now and even if I was at goal I'd still be doing the same thing.

Here's to the next anniversary!
  • yay!!!! that's wonderful!!!! huge congrats!!!! our #s are pretty similar - looking forward to spending the next year with you getting down to LEADING LADY status!!! Woo-hoo!!!
  • AWESOME! What a great list. Well done..
  • Happy anniversary!! I love that you've made a list of the things that have changed for you!! Congrats!
  • You are amazing!! Happy anniversary
  • Congrats! I love the way you worded it too!
  • Way to go!!!
  • Congrats on all your hard work! Good luck on your continued journey to a healthy future!
  • Congrats! Way to go! Happy Anniversary! Here's to another year.
  • Happy Anniversary!!!!!! Onward to a fabulous second year!