IP Daily Chat - Fri. 29 Oct. 2010

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Hi Amy, I had your Big Mac in a Bowl tonight for dinner; it was pretty good, thanks for sharing the recipe yesterday.

In the recipe I believe you had mentioned that a half a pound of ground beef cooked came down to about 5 1/2 pounds. I was told by my coach that the 5 oz of beef was the amount we are permitted pre-cooked. I was wondering if I misunderstood.

Mary
    The Big Mac recipe is for one...it cooks down to about 5oz.
  • I searched high and low for thousand island dressing,, I want this big mac!! lol

I will keep searching....

Hope everyone is having a great day

Lisa
  • I just had my 4th WI yesterday. I was down 5 more pounds for a total of 23 lost! And Ive lost 1/3 of my body fat and finally have a healthy BMI!! I did have a spoonful of PB when I found out one of my friends had died right next door. I hope that it doesnt slow me down too much. I had a question too. Does age have any thing to do with how fast we lose? I am only 18 (19 next saturday and im having a princess party lol moms idea) and my coach says Ive lost weight the fastest she has seen...I was just wondering.

Back to my birthday. I just met my dad for the first time about 2 months ago and he and my birth mom (i was adopted I live near her now) havent seen each other since the night they made me. He is coming for my birthday and I am soooo nervous. I am an emotional eater so this is hard for me. Does anybody have any ideas how to fight my nervous habit in super stressful big emotion times? Thanks
  • Quote: Hi Amy, I had your Big Mac in a Bowl tonight for dinner; it was pretty good, thanks for sharing the recipe yesterday.

In the recipe I believe you had mentioned that a half a pound of ground beef cooked came down to about 5 1/2 pounds. I was told by my coach that the 5 oz of beef was the amount we are permitted pre-cooked. I was wondering if I misunderstood.

Mary
    Oh, it's not my recipe. It's from one of the stickied recipe threads.

I weigh my meat as COOKED, though. My Phase 1 sheet makes a specific reference to measuring the vegetables as raw, but it says nothing about meat. Besides, it doesn't make any sense to me to weigh meat before cooking, as a lot of water and fat cooks out.
  • Yesterday I got rid of the 70's....169 yesterday and 168 today!!!!

Bought some clothes that fit..just a few..to hold me over..

So happy to break through the 70's
  • Quote: P.S. 5. That having this board is part of the key to success so big thanks to all of the friends I've chatted with here the last 8 months.(still want it to go back to WEEKLY, however, as Christine suggested yesterday)
    I can understand that the thread was getting too big, but how about if you make a thread that was four days long. Still more time to get to "know" other posters, etc.

Christine
  • Quote: I can understand that the thread was getting too big, but how about if you make a thread that was four days long. Still more time to get to "know" other posters, etc.

Christine
    I think I read that the problem is the thread cuts off at 500. That wouldn't last very long.
  • Quote: Thanks everyone for the responses yesterday about Horseradish. It is something I like but am going to hold off on using it for awhile.
    I'm sorry I didn't have time to answer your post yesterday. Regular prepared horseradish. per tablespoon, has 7 calories; .18 grams protein; .1 fat; 1.69 gr carbohydrates; and .5 fiber. Personally, I don't see anything particularly bad about it IF you factor in the carbs. The carb/fiber ratio isn't bad.
  • Quote: It wouldn't be a big deal because DH is super supportive, but all of his family will be there and they are huge food and alcohol pushers. Any suggestions?
    Be sure to pack along some kind of nummy beverages that make the occasion festive...some splenda sweetened drinks that you don't usually buy, etc. So you have something to pour over ice and feel is a treat. And I agree with Linden, don't leave dinner up to chance or chances are you will starve or cheat (spoken by someone who lived through traveling for work every other week on phase 1...). And when the food/alcohol pushers strike, your response is, "I'm on a medically supervised food plan and I can't eat that right now".

Quote: Happy Friday everyone! Thank you to everyone who responded to my query yesterday. I know I'm doing great but a look from outside sometimes puts things into better perspective. I'm considering taking some photos of myself so that I can compare where I am (at 1/2 way) to where I was. When I look in the mirror I tend to focus on what I want to lose instead of what I have lost. Do others?
    I am lucky enough to have this, only because I hit half way at my DD high school graduation. Its pretty amazing to look at now, so it's a great idea!

Quote: Pegsi Your story brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you to have found that connection with your husband again! I had a similar experience yesterday when my husband cupped my face in his hands and told me he was amazed at how much my face has changed. For someone who sees you everyday to really look at you and love what he sees is such a good feeling.
    Pegsi and Mamadancer, you both made me cry. I have said this same thing, "how did I let this happen?" so many times. Every time I put on piece of clothing that I clearly remember used to "fit" and now it's like clown clothes...what on earth was I telling myself to think that was ok? IP is truly an amazing tool that gives all of us the power to take back our lives and ourselves!

Quote: I am having friends over tomorrow night for chili. I am going shopping today to get the goodies for it. I know no beans on IP but hambuger is ok and the chili powder but the "sauce" I will read labels in the aisles again haha I think the manager at the store thinks I am a loon. Reading all the labels and talking to myself....."no not this one hhmm maybe this one" haha. I am thinking perhaps tomato paste instead of tomato sauce because of the sugar. IF that is still too much sugar then I will have IP chili. With chopped onion and no cheese *sniff sniff* but hey I have a plan!! yay
    Quote: In the recipe I believe you had mentioned that a half a pound of ground beef cooked came down to about 5 1/2 pounds. I was told by my coach that the 5 oz of beef was the amount we are permitted pre-cooked. I was wondering if I misunderstood.Mary
    My coach said, measure veggies pre-cooked and proteins after cooking.
  • Quote: Yum. That sounds delicious -- better than you can get in most restaurants, too.

My very best friends spend half the year in New York City and just returned yesterday. We're planning lunch out -- my first excursion to a restaurant in 18 weeks. Mixed feelings in spades.
    Oh, I know how you feel. I actually invited my preggers friend on a 'let's go walk a few miles' date instead of a 'let's go out to dinner date' ... bless her, she asked what was wrong, I told her, and we found a place where I could eat. It was really sweet.

Quote: Just got back home from my weekly weigh in. Disappointed but yet really happy. Is that possible? Missed reaching 20 lbs by Halloween by .4 pound. Maybe this weekend I can get that .4 pound off.

But I did make it to over 25 pounds lost total, and now I'm over half way to my goal. Can't believe I am actually doing it!

I realized the other day I no longer have a double chin and then someone on here mentioned about their arm pits not being rounded but actually having a "pit." I got that too! (Can't believe I posted the last part of that I mentioned to my sister that my butt is starting to look like my step mother in-laws. Concave. There's a visual for ya

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!

Oops...Forgot....I'm in the 150's now. Yeah!
    First, let me say ... whenever I had one milestone I didn't meet, there was another one I did! You got into the 150's...ok, you didn't get to 25 pounds, but barely...congrats!

Quote: The Big Mac recipe is for one...it cooks down to about 5oz.
    Honestly, early on I'd read it as that I needed to measure meat raw, so I did. I think it makes much more sense cooked. Did others hear raw or cooked? I've often wondered, in fact, I've thought of starting a poll as a thread for it.

Day one of phase 4 was lovely...my mom (who KNEW I'd lost a lot since July) was still shocked when she saw me. She agreed...I was never this thin in either High School OR college...nice!! Best NSV for me yet!!!!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the post -- thank you for all your kind words. The most important part for me in this journey has been sharing it with all of you...I mean it when I say that. Very few people understand what its like, and we have that in common.

Take care, everyone,
    JC.
  • Quote: Did others hear raw or cooked? I've often wondered, in fact, I've thought of starting a poll as a thread for it.
    I weigh meat and fish cooked. More important, super congratulations on your graduation meals. Would that we all will get there -- so gracefully.
  • The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Please be sure to place all new posts in the new daily thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.