Weight Watchers?

• My Office is starting a Weight Watchers program...
    Does it work?
  • YES! I love my weight watchers at work. I have lost 32 pounds on the plan so far, and a lot of other folks have too. It's been nice to have the support of co-workers too!
  • Good for you!
    How exactly does the plan work?
    Is it easy to calculate points?
  • Yeah, it is pretty easy especially if you have a smart phone. There's an app that you can get that calculates them for you. If not you can buy point calculators from weight watchers for pretty cheap or you can just calculate them yourself.

I LOVE weight watchers. Its by far the most effective and easy diet I've ever tried. I've already lost 40 pounds on it.
  • I've lost 50 lb with Weight Watchers. I love that the points system helps you eat smart. When you eat food with lots of fiber in it, the your body uses more calories to digest it. If you were just counting calories, you wouldn't get that bonus figured in, but with points, it makes everything more equal in its effect on your body. So I love the point system and think it is brilliant.
  • I lost 60 pounds with WW, but when I couldn't afford to pay for WW Online anymore, I got lazy. I didn't feel like calculating points on my own. I'm the type who needs to be able to track what I eat online, so I can plan most days out ahead of time and not go fishing for boxes to find the nutrition information.

However, WW WORKS, if you WORK IT.
  • Weight Watchers is a great program, you get used to the points after a while (especially if you eat the same things often), there is lots of support, and it definitely works, if you follow the plan - it's a sustainable, manageable plan that teaches you a lot about portion control and making good choices.

Personally, though, I could not do Weight Watchers at work. I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to my co-workers about my weight or having them looking over my shoulder at lunchtime - "should you be eating that? How many points is that?" I did WW with a group of strangers, and it had a much more "anonymous" feel - that was one of the things I liked about it.

Okay having said that, lots of people love WW at Work, and lots of people have more intimate relationships with their co-workers than I have or could really imagine having. So it's just a point to consider, your personal comfort level revealing intimate details about your weight struggle to the people with whom you share a workplace.
  • I'm not doing WW but a very dear friend of mine has been working the program for a couple of years with her family and they've lost a tremendous amount of weight. So I'd have to say it definitely works!
  • Check out the Weight Watchers part of the Forum under Diet Central. There's lots of good info there.
  • It works for a LOT of people, its very sensible.
    I have done it 3 times and unfortunately it does not work for me - I did the Selection Plan (dating myself here), the Fat & Fiber and the current Points plan. I am still a member for the website and I go to a meeting here and there but I calorie count. My Points goal is 30 and thats not "concrete" enough for me...for example their 1 Point Bars (yum) are 100 calories.....so 30 would be 30 points and technically right on plan....but its 3,000 calories. I think I was making choices that gave me too many calories so I went back to calorie counting. But WW does work, its been around forever and probably any doctor would recommend it. Theres no special food to buy and you can have anything as long as you factor it into your points. If you ate a pound of bacon it might be all you get all day, but they don't say you can't have it.
  • Just wondering if weight watchers really works for everyone?
  • I do like using weight watchers which basically is a masked calorie counting system. it definitely empahsizes low-fat and fiberous foods, which is good.
  • It's working for me. I'm in my third week. My first two weeks I lost ten pounds. No I'm not starving myself, I'm just eating very healthy and exercising at least 30 minutes three time a week. Out of all the diets I've tried and I've tried them all, this is the only program that has allowed me to LEARN how to properly eat using portion control.

So far so good...
  • I have heard good things about WW. My sister even did it and had great results and has kept the weight off for over a year. She was super satisfied with it. I would try it but am afraid I couldn't afford to do it.