La weightloss #56

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Morning all!

I did great all day yesterday until I got to the dinner part. Boy did I enjoy myself! Well I finally got up the courage to go back to my center and I found out that I gained 7# in 4wks! So i'm so disgusted w/ that figure that showed up on the scale this morning that I doubt i'll be cheating again.

They did give me the info on the Weekends Off plan so i'm going to read up on that and I might do it. It's worth it since the weekends are so hard!

I also bought a box of the chocolate biscotti's, haven't tried it yet but i'll let you know what I think of it when I have it at lunch time today.

Well Pennie! I know how desparate you feel about really needing to loose weight. I started LAWL needing to loose 60# and i've lost 30# of it so far (well minus the 7# that I just gained back!)! You can do it and it will be worth it in the end. I also let them talk me into getting the lites because they were so pushy and I was so desparate to loose weights. Well 3mths later I HATE the bars, can't stand one more of them, so I kinda stay w/ the soups. I may try the hot chocolate next. This is a great board, we all help one another, again, welcome!

Kathy
    184/164.2/130
  • hi guys, just checking in. welcome pennie, i'm glad you started posting & especially glad there's another Tennessee girl here. i'm curious though, why can't you use the bars if you're nursing??? is there something in them that's bad for the baby? i'm on the red plan too, and most of the time it's plenty of food after you get adjusted. i agree that limiting the carbs is the hardest part.

i'm having a hard time this week. i did the two day take off on sunday and monday after having a bad weekend. i'm back on my regular plan today, so i'm hoping i be more motivated. it's my TOM and it's raining, not a good combination for my mood.

anyway, good luck today everybody. WE CAN DO IT!

oh yeah, sirk, your stats are amazing.
  • oh yeah, i talked to someone at a local LAWL center. we are going to get the weekends off program, but the centers are still waiting to get all the materials. it always takes longer for us the get things in the South. AARRGGGHHH!
  • Hi Ladies:
    welcome pennie.
    Gringa I did not get the weekends off info yet either they are supposed to have it this week.
    What does everone have if they are not eating the lites?
    Kathy glad you are doing better.
    Diane
  • Hi for all of you who don't have your info on the "Weekends Off" material at your center, i'll post what's on my plan. I'm on the Gold plan all week then Sat and Sun I get to have:

4oz protein; 3 veg; 2fruits; 4starches; 2fats; 4ozskim milk; 2lites

Some unlimited starches added to the menu s choices per day:

Jello Sugar Free Pudding, made w/ pudding 1/2c=1st
    Rice Cake unsalted=1st
    Truscuits (reduce Fat)=1st
    Whole Wheat Pita (small)=1st

Starches limited 2 per day

Animal crackers 8cookies=1st
    cheerios 1c=1st
    chips ahoy (reduced fat) 3cookies=1st
    corn or flour tortillas (6"dia)=1st
    couscous (cooked) 1/3c=1st
    *eggo waffles (lowfat) 1 waffle=1st
    *fried rice (veg or chicken) 1/3c=1fat & 1st
    fritos corn chips (regular) 34chips=2fat & 1st
    ginger snaps =cookies=1st
    goldfish-style crackers 45crackers=1fat & 1st
    graham crakers (regular) 2 sheets=1st
    guiltless gourmet tortilla chips (any flavor) 1oz=1st
    *1 Hostess light low fat twinkies light=1st &1fat
    italian bread 1 thin slice=1st
    *reduced fat oreos 3cookies=1st
    ***pizza 1slice=1/2protein &n 1st &1fat
    pringles right chips 16chips=1st
    okra 1/2c=1st
    Ore Ida Baked Frinch Fries 10fries=1fat &1st
    Rice Cakes (any flavor) 2=1st
    sun chips (any flavor) 1oz=1fat & 1st
    sweet potato 1/2 med=1st
    wonder light hot dogs or hamburger rolls 1roll=1st

New proteins for the weekend: Remember only 4oz of protein
    t-bone steak 4oz
    white clam sauce one time per weekend
    peanut butter 2tbsp one time per weekend
    boca burgers 2burgers
    dry cooked beans (any variety)2cs
    fajitas(chicken, beef) 2 fajitas=3limited st/1pro/2fats
    healthy choice roast, beef, turkey, deli slices 6slices=2fats/1pro
    Hot Dog (reg) 1=2fat/1pro
    hot dog (reduced fat) 2=2fat/1pro

Soups:
    Egg drop soup 1c=1/2pro 1time per weekend
    hot and sour soup 1c=1veg, 1pro

Alcohol=2 servings per weekend
    Hard Alcohol 1oz=1limited start
    Light Beer 12oz=1 limited st
    wine (red or white) 3oz=1 fruit

Fat
    Amonds 6-8nuts
    Avocado (mashed) 2tbsp
    cremaer half and half 2tbsp
    light cream cheese 2tbsp
    light sour cream 3tbsp

Also we can have soy milk 4oz & diet snapple 12oz 2x a day

Free foods
    barbeque sauce 1tbsp
    cocktail sauce 1tbsp
    cool whip light 2tbsp
    far free croutons 1/4c
    jalapeno peppes (chopped) 1/2c
    light chocolate syrup 2tbsp
    sugar free maple syrup 2tbsp

These are just some of the foods for the weekend that caught my eye and I thought that you'd want to know. Now this I can handle! I'm so looking forward to this weekend!

Also, we have the usual foods that we are allowed during the week w/ these as additions.

Oh, you also get to double up on starches so now we can have 2starches in one meal so we can have a sandwich.lol Keep in mind it's still the diet bread though. We can have 1c of pasta counted as 2st also 1c of rice counted as the same. This so much better! Fear not, help has arrived!lol

HTH,

Kathy
  • Hi to everyone. I was on the red plan and exercise 5 times per week, so was moved to the purple plan. Had some blood pressure problems (out of the blue) and so haven't been exercising as much and was moved back to red. I do lose better on the red plan, but miss the extra card allowed on purple.

I feel lucky about my center after hearing what several of you say about yours. They are not pushy at all, and haven't even mentioned any supplements except the day I joined. I do like the lites, as they keep my sweet tooth in check.

I don't know if I will do well with the weekends off plan. That is what was a problem for me with WW - too much choice. Pretty soon I am eating everything in sight and too much of it! Scary.

Welcome Pennie. The program works if you just do it. Easier said than done, I know. This board and the ladies are very supportive and helpful.

Hannah
  • Thanks girls
    Thanks for the welcome! One of you asked why no bars when nursing, they told me that it was too much of a "protein hit" for the baby at one time.

I think I was not eating enough protein. I just actually weighed some turkey, and I was eating 1/2 of that! Maybe that will help... I have cheated a little every day, (like yesterday I had a Jenny Craig bar - from Jenny days, yes another failed diet), and a handful of peanuts! It is so restrictive though. I love the 'weekend off' menu, but I assume that they will want me to lose some first. I go today for my first visit post starting the diet.

I need menu ideas..... what do you guys eat for breakfast?? I just do not want a hunk of meat in the morning!

Thanks and I am so jelous of you all, you have lost so much weight and are doing great! I want to be like you!!
  • Hi Pennie, I eat one LAWL breakfast bar; non-fat yogurt and a cup of coffee.

Kathy
  • hey kitkat, thanks for the info. now i really have something to look forward to. i think the weekend's off program should work for me, i like the idea of having a bit more variety on the weekends but still not going wild. woohoo!

pennie, i usually have either cottage cheese and fruit and toast for breakfast or sometimes eggs/eggbeaters. since you're on the red plan too, i would recommend having a whole protein in the morning and then having your half protein at dinner. i switched mine around that way, and it helped with my weight loss, i guess just because i was having more of my calories earlier in the day. there's also a good recipe in the LAWL cookbook for some blueberry bran muffins. a serving counts as 1/2 protein, 1 fruit and 1 starch. sometimes i make those for when i'm going to be on the go and have to get my half protein in. hope this helps.

oh...i'm considering changing my minigoal. right now i'm trying to hit 220 by thanksgiving, but that ends up almost three pounds a week. i'm going to be traveling a lot, so i'm afraid i'm setting myself up for failure...what do you guys think? i'm going to see how things go at my weigh in tomorrow before i decide
  • So...I just tried the hot chocolate and the biscotti, LOVE THEM! Thanks Diane for suggesting them. I really enjoy them. They hit the spot for my chocolate cravings today.

Thanks Gringa, pizza is back baby! lol

Kathy
  • And so....I made it through the day at work, staying out of the cookie jar and so forth, but when I got home....all bets were off! I had a hearty dinner that I regret so much and all i'm craving for breakfast is big fat donut! But I held off and had my yogurt and LAWL breakfast bar instead. God this is hard!

Anyone else?

Kathy
    184/164.2/130
  • Hey Kathy, I'm with you. I just finished my very nutritious on program breakfast, but I'm starving for something sweet. i think i may eat one of my la lites to stave off heading for the candy jar. WE MUST BE STRONG!
    it's my TOM, and i'm retaining water horrible. i was down at weigh in this morning though, so that's a plus. still a .25 away from 25 pounds!!! arrrggghhh.
    oh, i talked to one of the counselors about the weekends off program. she said that my center doesn't really want to do it because they think it will encourage people to cheat during the week. so, looks like it will be a while before i get some legal pizza.
  • Hi Gringa,

I jumped at the chance to do the weekends off. I understand what your center is saying but it has to be the clients choice! That's horrible! I didn't realize the centers have a choice on whether they allow certain programs or not. I thought it was an overall deal for every center. Are you sure you spoke to the right person or was that person just giving her opinion?

I made it this far w/o cheating. Just had an LA lite soup. Does anyone every have snackwells? I asked my center about it and they ask me "what are snackwells?" Argghhhh!lol

Gringa- I've got my TOTM as well, so many that has a little something to do w/ the extra 7# i'm packing. lol Congrats on being down to almost 25# gone! come on .25! lol

Kathy
  • Hey Kathy, i may have misspoke about my center and the weekends off plan. They are going to do it, but they just got the material and started reading over it this week. they are going to implement the plan, i just don't get the impression that they are going to be in any hurry about it. i made it clear to the counselor that i'd like to look at the material before i made any choice about whether it's something i would want to try or not. as it is, i doubt that it will be offered at my center until the end of the month or early december. double arrrrggghhhh!!!!!
  • I hear ya Gringa (or read ya. lol) that sucks that your center is taking their sweet ole time w/ this. It's very exciting. LAWL was starting to get old for me and I would have quit if not for the money i've paid in advance. Having the weekends to be flexable is going to be just what I need.

Where is everyone. lol

Kathy