Moving our booties in November!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Virginia, that's GREAT re: the smoking!! I'm so proud of you!!

Mauvais, too late, hon. I've already cursed it with my magic wand. You may still eat Beavertails and drink hot chocolate; however.

I ran for 15 minutes straight at the gym yesterday!
    Today I could only run 6, but I've got a blister on the bottom of my footsie. It hurts like the dickens.

hugs... xoxo
  • Holy Cow Ellis!
    15 minutes, you are a dynamite chick! I can run for 2 straight. Oh well, baby steps! I can leg press 244lbs now though! That is my own weight! Cool, never realized that until just now!
    People are really starting to see a change in me and that feels so good to hear someone say, "are you losing weight?" and you know they mean it!
    Ellis, hope your spirits are lifting, wish I lived handy, we could go for a nice walk and talk. Take care sweet chickadee!
    Hugs to all
    Virginia
  • BEAVERTAIL??? Should I even ask? Do you slather Marmite on top?
  • Kat darling, you must come up and have a Beavertail. Even I like them, and I'm british and hate pancakes and doughnuts.
    A Beavertail is a lump of dough flattened and stretched into an oblong shape. It's deep fried, and then dipped and slathered in your choice...
    Okay... I got the list from the website...

http://www.beavertailsinc.com/

Classic Cinnamon & Sugar
    Killaloe Sunrise (Cinnamon & Sugar w/ freshly squeezed lemon juice)
    Chocolate Hazelnut
    Maple
    Apple Cinnamon
    Raspberry Jam / Blueberry Jam
    Strawberries & Cream
    Garlic Butter & Cheese
    Cream Cheese and Chives
    Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese

They're wicked. Particularly when it's bloody cold out and you've just skated the length of the canal and your feet hurt and you're *****y as old heck.
  • Around here it is called fried dough. Normally you get butter, powder sugar & cinnamon on top. Though sometimes you can get fruit topping. You can only really get them at fairs around here, I only had 1 all summer.
  • Sugar and cinnamon are my favorite!

We have a permanent Beavertail stand where we are (that sounds soooooo dirty )even worse it is called Hooker's Beavertails What were they thinking???? Oh well, the doughblobs still taste good, especially the cinnamon sugar ones combined with a good hot chocolate to wash them down

Way to go Ellis! You run, run like the wind!

Hey Squeak, how is your bellydance class going?
  • Mauvias - Except for the fact I am uncoordinated, the class is fun
  • Did my 20 of cardio this morning, flat out. I am beat, but a good beat! Had my pancake with cottage cheese on top, finish up here , shower and off to work.
    All you having INdian Summer in Ontario. Very mild here the last two days, has been cold though before.
    Hugs to all
    Virginia
  • Just got back from the gym. Did my 15 minutes of running plus 10 minutes on the bike plus weights. Feeling good. Smelling bad. Must bathe....
  • Well Ellis I am up to running 4 minutes straight out. I do 20 min total on treadmill. I walk fast for 2 and then i run for 4 minutes, walk for two run again till i tire and keep going. Soon I hope to be up to 8 or 10 minutes staight. Not smoking sure makes a difference in my stamina.
    Hugs
    Virginia
  • Discovered a new arm workout today--scraping the ice off my car!!!
  • Virginia, you're doing great! You'll be up to 8 minutes in no time! Don't push it... it'll come.

Suchaprettyface... ... are you covered in ice? Be careful not to slip.