What EXACTLY IS your plan?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Eat 12-1600 cals per day most days higher end
    For the most part I only drink water and a cup of coffee during the day
    workout 5-7hours per week mix up of whatever I feel up to
    NO fried foods, no eating out, (90%) of the time
    No late night eating.
  • Quote: Just curious, but do you know how many calories and carbohydrates you are adding in every day with the fruit you listed? 3 oranges - around 200 calories and 48 grams of carbs; 2 bananas - about 210 calories and 54 grams of carbs and one cup of grapes (I don't know how much a "bunch" is so I just guessed one cup) - 104 calories and 27 grams of carbs. I would be hungry a lot, too, if I were eating this many carbohydrates not balanced with protein.
    Yep. I realize fruits have calories and carbs, but as I see it, fruit is good and good for me, and if I'm hungry I'd rather go to grapes or oranges (clementines, really, they are so small) or a banana than a candy bar or an order of fries like I would have in the past. I really don't think I'm hurting myself or hindering my weight loss by eating all the fruit.
  • Quote: Yep. I realize fruits have calories and carbs, but as I see it, fruit is good and good for me, and if I'm hungry I'd rather go to grapes or oranges (clementines, really, they are so small) or a banana than a candy bar or an order of fries like I would have in the past. I really don't think I'm hurting myself or hindering my weight loss by eating all the fruit.
    That's understandable . . . and clementines are about half the calories/carbs of an orange so that makes a difference. I have to watch my carbohydrate intake because of my diabetes so I usually try to balance my carbs with protein. For instance, if I have an apple I try to pair it with a string cheese or other low-calorie protein.
  • My overall plan is very simple:

1. Weigh daily
    2. Stay under 1200 calories daily
    3. Eat mostly to entirely unprocessed foods.
    4. M/W/F- spin class and abs; T/Th/(Sat. optional) strength training

Currently I am trying to decrease the calories and cut out chocolate because my old stand-by that took off 75 pounds isn't working anymore. I am really having to dig in my heels and I have not had very many on plan days with the cutting out sweets!
  • My plan is very simple and very flexible.

Log every bite for accountability
    Eat 12-1600 calories to lose weight
    Avoid sugars and starches (grains and most fruits) to avoid blood sugar spikes and cravings

Within that framework, I play around with it from day to day. Some days it's mostly meat and fat. Other days it's primarily vegetables. Some days I include wine or liquor. Most days it's pretty high fat, for satiety. Some days I jump on the Wii Fit (new toy) or go for a walk. Other days I barely move at all.
  • Lets see

10,000 steps daily
    Exercise 5 days a week. Perferably, Cardio M W F and strength T TH.
    Count every calorie on My Fitness Pal and stay with in all of my ranges ( cal, fat, sat. fat, protien)
    Avoid trigger foods

Thats it!
  • Right now, I am eating 1200 calories a day, walking at least 3 miles 5-6 times a week (I live in an apartment and have a dog, she needs walked at least that much), and plenty of water. Because of health problems, I do not eat dairy, corn, wheat (or any other grains right now), yeast, artifical anything, sugar including fruit and starchy veggies. Basically natural meats, veggies, nuts and legumes...and olive oil.
  • Great idea for a thread! My plan is pretty much,

-Eat 28 points a day on the WW program. And try not to always eat my extra points.
    -Track my points everyday.
    -Get in at least 30 mins of exercise daily.
    -Drink at least 6-8 glasses a water a day.
    -Eat as much fruits, veggies as possible.
    -Eliminate sugar as much as possible.
    -Eat whole grain foods.
  • When I was trying to lose as quickly as possible:
    • 1500-1800/day (this shifted over time as I exercised more/weighed less)
    • Track everything on Fitday
    • 40-50% protein, 40 grams of fiber, carbs and fats take care of themselves.
    • Very, very few refined carbs,
    • Light cardio twice a day (got up to an hour each time) and weights/abs every other day.
    • No restrictions on artificial sweeteners, caffeine, sodium.
    • Weigh daily.
    • Wear clothes that fit.
    • One indulgent meal a month, including desert.

I'm maintaining right now (trying to conceive) and my current plan is
    • 2000 calories a day during the week, bit more on the weekend.
    • Very careful record keeping.
    • Still aim for 40% protein, 40 grams of fiber
    • Light cardio for an hour a day, weight lifting every other day
    • Looser on the refined carbs, but still with an preference for complex carbs.
    • Weigh daily.
    • No caffeine (this sucks)

I'm still tweaking the maintenance plan, but overall I've maintained for about 3 month now with no real gain (some weird bloating and light gain on an IVF cycle, but it went away).
  • Bfast
    1 cup Special K - 110 calories
    1/2 cup rice milk - 50 calories

Lunch
    1 slice whole wheat toast - 80 calories
    2 T (yes, measured) peanut butter - 90 calories
    1 - 2 oz pkg. apple slices - 30 calories

Supper
    6 nights per week - 500 calories or less to include protein
    1 night per week - up to 700 calories

6 days a week - 60 minutes treadmill or equivalent

I almost never drink anything other than water. It must be 0 calorie if I vary.
  • My plan is:

Keep my calories under 1500 a day
    Drink 80oz plus of water a day
    Walk whenever I want too
    Eat low fat by eating veggies, fruit, lean meats, fat free or low fat cheeses, dressing, and mayo.
    WHEN I get my excerise bike I will ride it 5 times a week for 30 minutes a day
  • I have done calorie counting for a long long time. Recently, I changed to food exchanges because it will work better for me when I have a surgery soon.. I still weigh and measure. It reminds me to always get in my veggies! It works out to 1200 -1600 calories

protein - 5-6 exchanges
    starch - 5 -6 exchanges
    diary - 2 exchanges
    veggies - at least 6 exchanges
    fruit - 3-4 changes
    fat - 3 exchanges
    These exchanges are the same as the American Dietetic Association. It's the old Richard Simmons program. I don't use the Foodmover - I write it down.

I do stretches and strengthening exercises and arm weights. (no weight bearing exercises at this time)
    8-10 glasses of water

I am working on 'living with food' changes too:

eat seated only
    no seconds
    fork down between bites
    slow, mindful eating
    taste food
    plan, measure,log
  • My plan:

Don't ever touch "no" foods (baked goods, salty snacks, candy, ice cream, sweets.)

Very sparing of refined carbs-- one slice of bread for breakfast, no rice, potatoes, or bread at other meals.

Only eat single serving snacks (cheese stick, yogurt, apple)

1200-1350 cals daily, logged on fitday.

Run 30-40 minutes daily 4-5 x a week.

Weigh daily.
  • After countless attempts at dieting I did things "my" way in the end.

After so many failed attempts, I finally admitted there is a big difference between people with 20 pounds to lose, and myself with over 150 to lose. I didn't just have a few extras for a few months LOL So, I went to counselling to address why I was such a spoiled brat and so given to swift impulses - not only for food, as in "wow there's a chocolate bar, gonna eat it" but also "ooo nice new purse, gonna buy it"! LOL and while working on that (which I credit for 90% of my losing success, and 100% of my maintaining success):

- boring FREE calorie counting
    - nothing was 'off limits' but had to be accounted for
    - ate a good breakfast, protein rich
    - stopped eating out for lunch 4 times a week, took my own lunch. Worked out great, everyone in the office started doing the same and we all play Trivial Pursuit at lunch while we brown bag it -- really good for the soul to have some silly fun at lunch before getting back to it
    - gave up McDonald's which might as well have been heroin, but I did it
    - started walking, 1 block at a time. When it was too cold or too hot, our local Arena has indoor walking programs & stairs woohoo
    - was KIND to myself. Self-loathing was never in my makeup, but I took extra care to cut myself some slack, which in turn didn't allow me to throw my hands up in defeat at a bad meal or a bad day. I was kind to myself, forgave the slip up and got back on track the very next morsel of food.
    - came on 3FC every single day to read stories of others struggling, success stories etc.
  • I'm on an exchange type program. I'm going to give the exchange totalss, but they are planned at specific meals and snacks throughout the day. The meals/snacks are Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack

Lean Protein - 4 servings (includes limited cheese)
    Vegetables - 5 servings (minimum, veggies are unlimited!)
    Fruit - 2 servings
    Legumes - 1 serving
    Root Vegetables - 1 serving
    Whole Grains - 1 serving
    Nuts - 1 serving
    Healthy oils - 5 servings
    Water - 70+ ounces
    No Dairy (except the limited cheese above)

Cardio exercise 3x a week for 30 minutes.

On days when I've entered my foods into FitDay, it's been 1300-1400 calories.

Oh, and forgot to say, logging of everything: food, water, other beverages, sleep, exercise, relaxation, time of meals, etc.
    And supplements (vitamins, etc.) based on blood tests and in quantities determined by my doctor.