Put Pumpkin In Your Chili!

• Yep, that's right, pumpkin in your chili. It's soooooo good! You can't taste the pumpkin but it makes it thicker, much richer tasting, more filling, and just plain healthier!

I made turkey white bean chili yesterday and decided to add pureed pumpkin (not the pie filling) after seeing it suggested online. WOW it came out good!!
  • I'm glad you added the "after seeing it online" because I was going to ask how on earth you ever came up with that!!

But yeah...I can see it. Huh.
  • WHere did you get pumpkin puree? I only see the pie filling stuff in the can. Do you bake it and do it yourself. I love this idea!
  • I do this all the time. You can find the pumpkin puree everywhere around Thanksgiving. I usually stock up for the year as it becomes less available other times of the year.
  • About how many extra calories does this add? Rough guess is good enough.
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree is 50 calories.
  • Quote: pumpkin puree
    Do you mean Libby's plain nothing added canned pumpkin?
  • Quote: Do you mean Libby's plain nothing added canned pumpkin?
    Yeah or whatever other brand you find. It might be called canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree but the ingredients probably just say 'pureed pumpkin'.
  • Gratis, nelie.
  • I made a ground turkey white chili this week that included a can of beans that you ran through the food processor to thicken the chili. The calories are probably lots higher than pumpkin but still an option.