Bare arms irony

• Ok, I was one of those people raised with the idea that women over 40 shouldn't show their upper arms. And frankly I cut the sleeveless shirts out of my wardrobe at age 30 once I gained 100 lbs. No big loss really, living in the great white North.

I move to the South (where this year we had more than 85 days of temperatures over 90 F). Michelle Obama proves a woman over 40 can have very attractive arms. Clothing designers seem to decide that dresses don't need sleeves anymore...

So I drop 100 lbs. Workouts include lap swims, push ups, and tricep exercises. As I have to replace my wardrobe, a fair number of sleeveless items are included...

And I'm too fr*()&)(&ing cold to wear any of them without a sweater or jacket over them!!!

Thanks for listening...
  • Life isn't without it's ironies, that's for sure. However, congrats on being able to wear short sleeves, even if the goose-pimples don't look so fetching! :-)
  • lmao!!!

I live in west Texas and I am cold.
  • Quote: lmao!!!

I live in west Texas and I am cold.
    Yeah the weight loss side effect of feeling cold most of the time was actually pretty handy when AC died during one of the hot spells earlier this year.
  • That's annoying and wonderful all at the same time.

I'm cold now, so that makes me wonder how much cooler I'll be when I lose another 50 lbs.
  • Brrr Yeah!
    Wonderfully annoying though...
  • I so can't relate to this at all lol. I live in San Antonio, Texas...where 11 months out of the year, it's summer; then we have one week of fall, two weeks of winter, and one week of spring. I'm hot for more than 3/4 of the year! I can't wait till I look great in tank tops. Maybe I'll stop pouring sweat lol.
  • HAha! I'm with AlthePirate on this one. I'm in Arizona where its about 120 days of over 100 degrees and about a week of cold enough weather that it requires long sleeves. I am always hot! I don't dare where sleeveless tops--outside of the house. I wish I was in your position. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time when it warms up. For now, enjoy the fact that those guns of yours are just in the holster for now.
  • One of the things I loved the most about losing weight was being able to wear little suntops and cute sundresses in the summer. With shorts. Or a little flirty skirt.

Congrats on having gorgeous arms, and save those little tops for the summer!
  • I can't relate much right now, as we've already had frost 2 or 3 times lately. I agree with Robsia though, save them for the summer. It will be an even bigger thrill to get into them after wearing longer sleeves for so long!
  • [typed while sitting with a personal heater at her feet beneath the desk]
  • I am cold too but even if I wasn't, my arms have to stay hidden! It is wonderful that your arms look good enough to expose. That is a big deal! I think that I would just have to bear the cold and show them off a little.
  • I guess I didn't explain very well. I'm cold because it's so hot here that everything is air conditioned and I'm now sensitive to the cold. Even if I wear a tank top to the gym in August, I have to put on a jacket before I go into the grocery store on the way home.

I can see why people living in the colder climes were thinking I could just wait until summer to wear sleeveless though. I know if I was back home I'd be scraping the windows of my car in the mornings now.
  • Quote: I guess I didn't explain very well. I'm cold because it's so hot here that everything is air conditioned and I'm now sensitive to the cold. Even if I wear a tank top to the gym in August, I have to put on a jacket before I go into the grocery store on the way home.

I can see why people living in the colder climes were thinking I could just wait until summer to wear sleeveless though. I know if I was back home I'd be scraping the windows of my car in the mornings now.
    I knew what you meant. I'm back to wearing a sweat just to go through the frozen food section at the store. I remember it used to be that way as a kid. Then it got to the point where I looked forward to cooling off in the frozen foods!

I know I'm in the same boat. I am more prideful of my arms than any other body part.