How much will take you out of ketosis?

• So I went to a wedding yesterday and I thought surely they will have a protein and veggies I can eat and stay on plan. Well they did...sort of. I had the monk fish with lump crab meat and fire roasted green beans. Sounds good right? Well it was plated on top of a bur blanc wine sauce/cream. Some of the sauce was drizzled over the fish as well. I only ate 1 of the long green beans as it was barely drizzled however I ate all the fish-- drizzle and all. I passed on the salad because I didn't havne a WF dressing packet and candied pecans, strawberries, and cheese were throughout so it would have been hard to salvage anyway. Is this fish and one green bean drizzled/plated on top of this sauce enough to kick me out of ketosis? I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible stomach pain like none other since starting this plan. What gives? I thought it might be hunger pains since I didn't get my 4 cups of veggies in during the day. I ate 2 pickles and drank water and eventually it passed. Was it a hunger pain or a reaction to eating stuff I hadn't had in a few weeks? Any thoughts?
  • yes....I too had that terrible stomach ...just for 2 tsp of a pineapple upside down cake.....I am NEVER doing that again.....
    can't eat chinese food either....gives me the same stomach.
  • I am currently on phase 4 now and have lost 40 pounds
  • Quote: So I went to a wedding yesterday and I thought surely they will have a protein and veggies I can eat and stay on plan. Well they did...sort of. I had the monk fish with lump crab meat and fire roasted green beans. Sounds good right? Well it was plated on top of a bur blanc wine sauce/cream. Some of the sauce was drizzled over the fish as well. I only ate 1 of the long green beans as it was barely drizzled however I ate all the fish-- drizzle and all. I passed on the salad because I didn't havne a WF dressing packet and candied pecans, strawberries, and cheese were throughout so it would have been hard to salvage anyway. Is this fish and one green bean drizzled/plated on top of this sauce enough to kick me out of ketosis? I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible stomach pain like none other since starting this plan. What gives? I thought it might be hunger pains since I didn't get my 4 cups of veggies in during the day. I ate 2 pickles and drank water and eventually it passed. Was it a hunger pain or a reaction to eating stuff I hadn't had in a few weeks? Any thoughts?
    My honest answer is that its different for everyone -- but this sounds like it was high in fat but not as high in sugar, so you might have a stomach ache from the fat (remember Dr. Tran's book that says not to eat stuff high in fat at night because it causes Digestion problems?).

I've been in phase 3 for 3 days now, (having grains and fruit for breakfast) and in still in Ketosis...which is surprising to me. Even still losing weight. Get back on plan, bring your WF dressing next time and make sure you have some substitue protein if what is provided to you doesn't work. I've packed eggs, veggies and a protein bar in my purse many a time.

Good luck.
  • Quote: So I went to a wedding yesterday and I thought surely they will have a protein and veggies I can eat and stay on plan. Well they did...sort of. I had the monk fish with lump crab meat and fire roasted green beans. Sounds good right? Well it was plated on top of a bur blanc wine sauce/cream. Some of the sauce was drizzled over the fish as well. I only ate 1 of the long green beans as it was barely drizzled however I ate all the fish-- drizzle and all. I passed on the salad because I didn't havne a WF dressing packet and candied pecans, strawberries, and cheese were throughout so it would have been hard to salvage anyway. Is this fish and one green bean drizzled/plated on top of this sauce enough to kick me out of ketosis? I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible stomach pain like none other since starting this plan. What gives? I thought it might be hunger pains since I didn't get my 4 cups of veggies in during the day. I ate 2 pickles and drank water and eventually it passed. Was it a hunger pain or a reaction to eating stuff I hadn't had in a few weeks? Any thoughts?

I think Jessica is correct. Most beurre blanc sauces are very rich and high in fat but quite low in carbs. The one green bean was not sufficient in carbs to effect you either. Given that you felt better after drinking water and eating a pickle (high in acidity), my guess is your body was not processing the fat very well.

Your body is probably no longer familiar with having so much fat late at night.

Go back to the program and you should be fine.
  • Thanks everyone! Lesson learned big time! I had my weekly WI and I am down 4 lbs <sigh of relief>. Not sure if it would have been more but I'll definitely take it! I'm still not a month in quite yet so I'm glad my lessons learned haven't caused me huge setbacks