Adios to the 150s & 140s-2

You're on Page 15 of 36
Go to
  • Lillylover - Thank you ) Ill pass that on to him. He is active duty and an Iraqi war vet. He was there was the doc for a battalion of Marines. Thank God he and the guys he were taking care of over there came home safe!

LindsB - home is California We are still debating where exactly to move afterwards (he is from Washington). But I have friends and family in Washington too so anywhere on the west coast would be better than here

Rainbowstripe - are you sure we aren't related? My size is DDD. So being in the "obese" category was laughable to me since I did NOT look obese. Overweight, sure but not obese.
  • Oh and you look NOWHERE near big Lillylover! You look fantastic
  • Lilly19, you are so sweet! I am so glad your husband is home safe.

I just dug through my photos and found one of me at my highest weight, or close to it (i'm not really sure, I was on vacation and not weighing). This is a horrible photo, but I don't think I look that much smaller now compared to this photo. I was probably close to 160 in this picture.

• lillylover- I can totally tell a difference!

My body still won't let go of 150- SO annyoing! I want it gone!
  • Finally dropped some of the water weight from my free day. Whew!

Hey, you know how people say if you hang around heavy people you'll get heavier, but it doesn't work the same if you hang around thin people you'll get thinner. Well, what about if you hang around people who are trying to lose weight? Do you try to lose weight?

Well, I went shopping with some friends. Friend A picked out 10s and 12s (the 12s fit better - she's chestier but smaller than me by 3+ inches and unknown lbs). Friend B (tiny - 5' 2", 115lbs) picked out her fav color in a 6, the smallest size there. Too big for her. I tried the 12s - too big. 10s - thought they were good until I tried the 6 - perfect! My friends were happy that I was happy I fit the smaller size, but Friend A kept saying how she was going to lose 5lbs. Not in a bad way, more like she felt compelled to because of my fitting a 6 shirt. I felt a little weird about that.

So, does being around people losing weight make others want to lose weight? Anyone have experience with this? I'm just really curious. I don't know, as no one else I know has/is trying to lose the kind of weight I am.
  • LiannaKole - My husband is a pretty healthy eater. Doesn't really eat fast food much and enjoys veggies (when I prepare them for him). So being around him has aided in my weight loss journey because I am able to eat more healthier and I don't pig out with him like I used to with my sister if we go out for dinner (especially sushi)!

Well ladies my scale is sticking to the guns at 159.2....I was hoping to cross over into 158 by the end of this week. Gotta keep truckin' on
  • Lillylover Omg you look so much smaller! I can totally see the difference. Maybe the next picture you post could be in jeans and t-shirt because the cardigan and boots are hiding your shape.

LinnaKole: Congrats on your weightloss. As fas as your questions goes. YES THEY DO also try to lose weigt because your on a diet NO MATTER HOW TINY THEY ARE!! Two of my closest friends are both 5'3 and 5'4 and they dont weigh more than 110 lbs! And everytime i asked them if i needed to lose weight they would always always always say NO!! Even though i am 5'6 and at the time was around 165-172 lbs. I didnt start until i met one of my girlfreinds in june whom when i asked her if i needed to lose weight say 'DUH OF COURSE YOU DO!! And she has been my biggest supporter ever since. However now that i have lost weight and i am at 140 thy both have noticed. And the tinniest one whos 5'4 and 110 lbs also wants to lose weight now. Moreover i really dont understand how they are my best freinds but could never tell me the truth. So i believe that no matter how close you are to someone there is always competition even though your not in that race or whatever. I know i am going on and on and on but this has bothered me soooo much and for so long. And even now they still try to sabotage me once a while. I love them both but when it comes to the weight loss their just not supportive enough.

Everyone Else Lilly posting a picture gave me a good idea. I thought since we all kind of know eachother and are on the same journey and were so supportive of eachother. Maybe at the end of december or mid december we could post pictures of our progress so far? What does everyone think? I think it would be a really great motivation.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • LindsB, thanks!! Seriously, you're going to drop out of the 150s any day now. I can feel it!

LiannaKole, this is probably really terrible of me, but I don't tell people I'm actively trying to lose weight because I don't want others to copy me. Doesn't that sound awful?? None of my friends are overweight, in fact they're all pretty skinny. So this isn't like I don't want them to get healthier, but I just want to catch up to them and I can't if they want to lose weight too!

Lilly19, I don't think the week ends until Saturday so maybe you'll lose just in time for tomorrow!

Lose25, thanks (again) for the lovely comments I'll be sure to try and take pictures in a different outfit just for weight tracking purposes--these were just photos taken by others that I happened to have around. And you already know, but I'm definitely in for posting pictures in about a month! And I know how you feel with regard to your response to LiannaKole's comment--people told me I didn't need to lose weight, but now that I've lost it people are saying that I look so much better. I do understand though, I suppose--I would have been really upset if someone had just flat out told me I needed to lose weight. But then again, I wouldn't have reached the high weight I got to if someone had just told me sooner!

I'm stuck at 133.8 again today...I'm hoping for a loss tomorrow! Have a great weekend everyone
  • Oh man my husband took me out on the town tonight! We went to one place and had wine and an appetizer (french baguette with 3 different spreads) and then walked around and went to another place where I had a beer and spring rolls. It was so much fun but I doubt that Ill be seeing 158 tomorrow morning haha )
  • I guess last night wasn't so bad on my weight loss efforts, 159.4 this morning! Yay Im still here =)
  • Yesterday was the first time that ANYONE has called me "thin." Well, she said, "Wow, you look so thin!" So maybe I'm not thin yet (duh, still overweight), but whatever. Someone said the word "thin" and they attached it to ME. Kinda fun.

LiLLy19: That's awesome that your husband can help support you in this, and that he likes eating the healthy food you make. And the sister thing - my sister and I do the same. It's fun, but the scale hates me for it in the morning. ~sigh~

Lose25: Your two friends sound a tad like one of mine (not Friend A who was shopping with me - she is one of my biggest supporters, actually), but another one who is way thin. She started eating healthier when I did and started asking me all the time if X food would make her fat, or ask if she looks like she's gained weight, etc. Weird to me, and after a while it's irritating. I don't ever do that to her.
    I do agree that the truth is important, especially when said in the right way (not being mean and excusing it as "truthful," like my cousin does). I'm glad your friend is with you all the way. I agree that it's kinda strange that some people (even thin ones) start this race with weight loss.

LillyLover: I do that same thing! Even now, I haven't said I'm trying to lose weight to anyone. They've all noticed now on their own, but I've never talked about it. Barely even to my best friend (who's a wonderful supporter of me). And sometimes I have that moment too, where I don't want them getting any smaller until I catch up a little. Lol! My friends all have BMIs around 20-23 max, so they're all way smaller than me.
    And you do look a lot different in the picture. You look great, by the way!
  • slip ups have been happening a little more often than before..try every couple of days. i just realized how addicted i am to cereal. i need to stop playing if im trying to get to my goal before new years
  • Oh noes. So my excessive weekend (higher calorie days both Friday and Saturday) have left me with extreme sodium/water retention - I can feel it, my hands and feet are swollen and I just feel puffy. It was hard to get the ring I usually wear on this morning, so I'm not imagining it. That being said, the number on the scale this morning is just one I'm going to ignore, because it would take me out of this thread and back up to the 160's

If it does end up sticking and being my actual weight for a morning weigh in for the next day or even more (which I forbid hah) then I guess I have to say goodbye to you guys again and move back up - but until then, I'm taking it as a number I am ignoring until I've had a decent amount of water, actually gone poop, and weighed in again tomorrow.

As for now, I need to learn that I can't have 2 high calorie days like that in a row. I can't go the French Markets AND go out for dinner in the same day. I cannot give in to random candy at people's houses!! To make up for the damage and keep my calories at a normal level for the week, I'd have to eat just over 1000 calories today, but I will not eat below 1200 so that isn't happening (unless by a fluke chance I'm under after dinner, in which case I'll leave it).

Fingers crossed I can still be happily in the 150's with you ladies tomorrow.
  • Rainbowstripe, look at me--I'm technically not supposed to be in this thread anymore, but here I am!! I would say just drink plenty of water, and that should diminish the sodium effects a bit.

Lilly19, keep it up! We like having you around here

LiannaKole, congrats on the compliment! Those are so fun--it's weird to say/type this out, but compliments are kind of addicting. They're actually a major motivator for me haha!

Brit, I hope you don't get discouraged from slipping up. I have cheated on my diet more times than I care to share, but the important thing is that you keep going so you'll reach your goal!

Speaking of cheating, I cheated tonight and had a quesadilla. It was soooo good...but I know I will pay on the scale tomorrow. I do notice that I cheat whenever I'm discouraged by the lack of movement on the scale. For example, I've been at 133 for four days in a row now--four PERFECT days diet-wise. I need to get out of the habit of getting so easily disappointed and seeking instant gratification! The diet that I'm on does call for dramatic weight loss, but I guess that only applies for those who have more weight to lose
  • rainbowstripe: It's unlikely that you ate enough calories to have actually gained around two pounds (or however many more the scale says). I had a way high calorie weekend last weekend, and my weight went way up (like 3-4lbs up), then dropped to where I was last week, then finally dropped lower.

It's probably mostly just water weight. I wouldn't leave the thread if you don't want to. If you're anything like me, if you just keep on plan it'll go away in about a week.

LillyLover: Compliments are nice. I'm getting better at dealing with them now and actually do like them. Makes me wonder what else people will say when I get smaller...