20 Somethings Pics ~Round 4~

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I wasn't sure if I should post this because they are kind of graphic, but I wanted to show and explain the huge difference that five/six pounds can make. My tummy is my trouble area, and this is a before and after of almost 210 to 204. In a week. Little changes make big differences!!

Obviously I'm far far away from my goal, but I'm pumped that six pounds can make such a difference.

WOW! That is AMAZING! It's like you lost the weight straight from your stomach! Man, if there's a good place to lose it, it's the stomach! You look great!

"Your middle, arms and legs are noticeably smaller in the second. Been working out have ya?"

Sure have! Cardio 2-3 days a week, heavy weight training once a week (when I eat carbs). I was flipping back and forth between the pictures today (it's like magic, I love it!) and I noticed that I've totally lost fat from/tightened up that place right above my knee! I hate the fat right there, so that's exciting. I'm pretty sure it's from all the leg presses/squats.
  • Looking at this thread (as well as the goal and mini goal sections) makes me wish I had taken the time to document the different weights so far... I was looking through my pics and mostly I can't tell the difference... I'm going to try and find some it's more obvious and post here. I just joined the forum a couple of days ago... still shy about photos!
  • Wow! You are an inspiration!

Quote: Here I am in May when my husband left on cruise:

Here I am now:

Think he'll notice when he comes home? hehehe

Everyone looks FAB!

• Finally putting up some progress pics. FIRST PIC IS ME AT 255 or more last two pics taken on sat me at 225!!!!
  • Looking good, Matilda! Keep up the good work
  • me in august!

2 weeks ago

no serious progress! im gonna start seriously now!!! we are always traveling!!! no plans until V-day!!!
  • so inspiring
  • New before and after pics anybody?

The first pic was at my highest weight. I really don't know how much I weighed... My guess is around 190. The second was taken on Saturday

• Casey - You're so cute Looking great!
  • Quote: Casey - You're so cute Looking great!
    Thanks dear.. you are a cutie yourself! Looking great! I am in love with your hair.
  • I love your hair too, Mary! I tried to achieve that color once, and I ended up with like, orange, and then I tried again and it was kinda purple? I don't know what happened there, but I decided to stick with blonde for a bit.

Everybody is looking fabulous! I love seeing the progress you all are making! I suppose I should find some pics to post...

EDIT: OK, see, now I'm looking back through all my old pictures, and it's weird, because I've gained about 15 lbs back from my lowest weight of 148-ish, and I don't think I felt great then, but I looked pretty fab! Hmm. Funny what a little perspective will do! Now, to get back there...
  • Everyone is looking awesome! These photos are so inspiring! I really wish I'd taken some photos when I started out in July - I'd love to see a difference. I'm thinking about posting one from June 2008 when I was at my heaviest, then one from March this year when I was probably at 85. I also have some fairly unflattering photos of myself from November 2008 in Italy after losing 13kg (I put 5 back on to get to March this year, now have lost that plus another 6). Sorry to talk in kilograms haha, I usually convert to pounds but I can't be bothered right now! I might post up some photos later on if I can work out how to resize them so I don't shock your computers - I'd love to see if anyone else can see a difference in me? The only problem is the only recent photos I have from this time are just my face! Maybe I should take one :S
  • OK, found a suitable "before" and a current one. Now to see if I can figure out how to upload?

The first is freshman year of college (2004/5). Preeeeetty sure I'd stopped weighing myself at that point. Second is my vacation this summer/what I look like now. Little bit of yo-yo-ing going on, but I'm on my way down for good now!

• Yurrrrp, I'm not even sure why I'm posting this. I thought it would be great, I thought I'd be able to see a difference...but I can't. Maybe my recent photo is from a bad angle, but if that's how I look everyday then I'm pretty disappointed. I thought I looked better than that. I look pretty terrible. I was really hoping to see some great changes! Maybe I'm taking the wrong kind of photos. Urgh. Ok, so what I thought would be a productive visual exercise has basically made me feel like I haven't achieved much except for some numbers. Eep! Here is a quick description of the photos, from left to right:
    1: June 2008 at my sister's engagement party, 93kg/205 pounds
    2: March 2010 at an art exhibition of mine, probably 85kg/187.4pounds
    3: May 2010 at a costume party, definitely 85kg/187.4 pounds. That corset was so so so so tight, I can't believe I wore it out. I was incredibly uncomfortable all night.
    4: October 26 2010, as in like...10 minutes ago. 74kg/163.1pounds. I just had a shower, my hair is a mess.

2008-2010 by rainbowstripe, on Flickr
  • Rainbow - I see a difference, your legs are slimmer, your arms, and your face are all much slimmer. As for the angle, it looks like you set your camera down on a chair or table. When you take a picture straight on you should set it higher so that it's at least at chest level, otherwise you get the effect of the camera looking up at you (never a flattering angle no matter what weight you're at). Also, black makes it difficult to see your progress. Don't get discouraged, you're doing great!