Hello!

• Hi everyone! My name is Laurie and I am new here. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, gone up and down on different "diets". Now, at 38 years old, I am the heaviest I have ever been and I just can't take it anymore. The scale has gone over 300 lbs and I am mortified. I struggle with depression and sleep issues, notice I am posting at 2 am I came across this site and am so excited to join and make some new friends. I am a busy mom to 2 gorgeous boys, ages 9 and 5. But it is time I do something for ME. I am going to do this by counting calories, exercising, getting more sleep and taking control of MY life!

Sorry if I am rambling
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Hello! I am Julie. I came across this forum and surf with this forum.
    I like it much and looks informative. I would like to say hello to all the forum members.
    Hope have a good time with you all.
  • Good luck Laurie! Know that we're all rooting for you!

I am also ready to shove aside the "mommy guilt" and MAKE the time for me, which is what we have to do...make the time for yourself, because you're worth it!
  • Welcome Laurie to 3FC, we are glad you are here and hope you stick around. There is a lot of support around these parts!
  • Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
  • HI Laurie and welcome! We have a couple of things in common:
    1) we are both 38 years old
    2) we both have a 5 year old
    3) we are both going to lose weight!!!
  • Thank you all so much for the warm welcome, it honestly made my day! I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better and taking this journey with all of you.

HLS - we do have lots in common Also that we both live in the south! I just read your blog and wanted to give you some ((big hugs)). Your son sounds like an angel and I am so sorry for what he is going through. I had to chuckle about the band-aid, because my 5-year-old hates them also
  • Hi
    Hi everyone! My name is Laurie and I am new here. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, gone up and down on different "diets". Now, at 38 years old, I am the heaviest I have ever been and I just can't take it anymore. The scale has gone over 300 lbs and I am mortified. I struggle with depression and sleep issues, notice I am posting at 2 am I came across this site and am so excited to join and make some new friends. I am a busy mom to 2 gorgeous boys, ages 9 and 5. But it is time I do something for ME. I am going to do this by counting calories, exercising, getting more sleep and taking control of MY life!

Sorry if I am rambling
  • Hi Laurie & to 3FC!
    Hugs and support on your weight loss journey

Judy