Depression Forum Bio's

You're on Page 5 of 38
Go to
  • bio, I'm NEW to this forum!
    DATE: 4/16/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: derrydaughter Linda Heminway (maiden name Derry)

BIRTHDAY: 02-18-55

MARITAL STATUS: married 20 years on June 23rd!

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mark

CHILDREN/AGES: 13,16 Jamie and Jeff

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: quilting, cooking, NOT gardening - but have to

PETS: 2 cats, Grover and Salem, brother and sister

TOP WEIGHT: 161

CURRENT WEIGHT: 159

GOAL WEIGHT: 136
    HEIGHT:

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: dirty blond

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern NH

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: lack of committment, staying power. Also depression and comfort food syndrome.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm getting older and the pounds, at monopause with HRT, are suddenly not coming off easier. I've had some health scares lately and I need to do this is I want to be around to see grandchildren and enjoy life!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm very chatty and "needy" to have people support me, hope not to be a pest here

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !!
  • DATE: May 14, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Becky9168 - I think you can figure out my real name

BIRTHDAY: May 20, 1985

MARITAL STATUS: Not married but in long term relationship (almost 5 years!!! )

SPOUSE’S NAME: Boyfriend's name - Kevin

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Poetry, music, concerts, reading, astronomy

PETS: 1 Hamster - Mrs. Waddlesworth, 2 Cats - Ethyl & Bobby, 1 German Shepard - Kelly

TOP WEIGHT: 235

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

OCCUPATION: Student & also student work study (STAR - Student Telecounseling Admissions Rep)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New York, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: my inability to choose a plan of action and stick with it

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: a supportive network of friends and family (i hope)

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm really shy and am just trying to figure out who I really am and get my life on track.
  • Stephanie's Bio
    DATE: May 17, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: stepbrown/Stephanie

BIRTHDAY: 1/12/54

MARITAL STATUS: Long-term relationship

SPOUSE’S NAME: Gary

CHILDREN/AGES: One 16 year old boy

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: sewing, quilting

PETS: I wish I could have a dog

TOP WEIGHT: 300

CURRENT WEIGHT: 300

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern California, near San Francisco

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: thinking that am too old to lose weight

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to look sexy.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to be silly.
  • DATE: May 20, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: BA99TJ/ Beth Anne

BIRTHDAY: June 29, 1977

MARITAL STATUS: Married to Greg

SPOUSE’S NAME: Greg

CHILDREN/AGES: step daughter Jocelyn who is 10

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: cross stitch, stamping, writing, singing

PETS: dog Coda, fish

TOP WEIGHT: 297

CURRENT WEIGHT: 273

GOAL WEIGHT: 173

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: blue/green

HAIR COLOR: naturally dishpan brown/blonde but I haven't seen that in years!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Massachusetts

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: binge/emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am determined to make my life different, I feel like the click has finally CLICKED.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am a fun loving person who suffers with depression/anxiety issues.
  • new to this site
    DATE: 5/20/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Renee

BIRTHDAY: Jan 1965

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 6 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mark

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 stepsons--Eugene 13, Joel 11. Steven 11 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: GArdening, crafts, scrapbooking and Garage sales

PETS: Snowie

TOP WEIGHT: What I am now. I am afraid to step on the scales to find out

CURRENT WEIGHT: see above

GOAL WEIGHT: Shor term to lose 20 lbs

HEIGHT: 5 feet

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southwest

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: the fact that I have gained so much. And getting past the 3 to 5pm need to put food in my mouth

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I know that being at this weight is unhealthy and I want to be around for my son

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU
    I am usually a upbeat person but the last 11 months have really knocked me down. This is my knot at the end of the rope. I am holding on
  • DATE:05/24/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME:Angela

BIRTHDAY:07/29/1979

MARITAL STATUS:single

SPOUSE’S NAME:none

CHILDREN/AGES: Cj Boy 6---Timothy boy 5--Samantha 20 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT:300

CURRENT WEIGHT:295

GOAL WEIGHT:150

HEIGHT:5-09

EYE COLOR:blue

HAIR COLOR: dark brown with lots of gray

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: united states Ny

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I overeat and I love pasta, bread I am depressed and its hard to have will power

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i am sick and tired of looking the way I do

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
  • hi there, i'm brand new here! what a great site!!

DATE: 6/1/2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: carrie bear / carrie

BIRTHDAY: 12/21

MARITAL STATUS: not married, boyfriend

SPOUSE’S NAME: boyfriend is chris

CHILDREN/AGES: none!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: love to exercise, read, cook, horseback riding, hanging out w/ friends, shopping!

PETS: yellow lab puppy (lucy)

TOP WEIGHT: 160?

CURRENT WEIGHT: 145

GOAL WEIGHT: 130/135

HEIGHT: 5'7"

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: chicago

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: still young, like to go out for cocktails and bar food ... ugggh! the empty calories add up quickly!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: dedication to working out and a true understanding of MODERATION!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
    tried atkins for 5 months ....
    lost about 10 lbs, but just didn't feel right about it. was never truly happy w/ that way of eating. i prefer to exercise religiously, watch what i eat, and handle everything in moderation.
    i hope to transition to a "carb aware," lower fat diet.
  • Hi everyone! I've been a member of the forums for a few days now, and I thought I'd pop my head in and say "HI". I will be posting occasionally in this forum and I look forward to getting to know you all.

DATE: June 8, 2004 12:10am

USERNAME/REAL NAME: trooworld/Chris

BIRTHDAY: 9/26/68

MARITAL STATUS: as of 2 weeks ago, engaged (previous status was divorced)

SPOUSE’S NAME: Reggie

CHILDREN/AGES: No kids

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Camping, exploring, movies, music, jewelry making, the arts (creating and watching), writing (essays, short stories, poetry), reading (fiction, non-fiction, comic books and graphic novels). I also have a penchant for trying to do everything myself and researching things to death!

PETS: I have 2 dogs (a pug named Bubba, who is my avatar…as well as a Pekinese named Gizmo who is old, grumpy and despises our cat), a cat (a very elegant yet not prissy tuxedo cat named Mr. Hyde) and an Oranda Goldfish (the ones that look like their brain is on the outside of their head) named Bowser (in tribute to a childhood friend’s favorite show, Sha-Na-Na).

TOP WEIGHT: 232 lbs.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 194 lbs.

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 lbs.

HEIGHT: 5’6”

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

OCCUPATION: Well, I’ve been many things but here is what I consider myself to be: an artist, photographer, writer and student (working on an Associates in English and a Bachelors of Science- microbiology). I really want to write novels and paint, but microbiology will pay the bills. Oh, I am also a volunteer literacy tutor.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: lovely and body-conscious San Diego, CA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Controlling what I eat (have HUGE pasta and pizza problem), having energy to cook (depression is a big factor in my weight), also the fact that I HATE to exercise. Also, I broke a bone in my hand a few weeks ago, so I can't lift weights with my upper body for a few more weeks. That is just prolonging the procrastination!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I learned how to eat healthy, I am involving my friends in exercise (social walks), and I’ve had the blessing of losing some weight since beginning my “program”…it has made a world of difference in how I feel (physically and emotionally). When I eat healthy, I have a lot more energy, need less sleep, can function better and feel better about myself.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Hmmm…I have major depressive disorder, anxiety and PTSD. So, maybe there are some of you that will be able to relate to my connection between these illnesses and how they have played a role in my physical health. Oh, and thanks for listening!
  • DATE: June 8, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: callmecalmly/Chantal

BIRTHDAY: December 17, 1984

MARITAL STATUS: engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: Ryan

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, writing, video games, music, computers, animals, learning

PETS: a momma dog, Mechee, 2 cats, Fred and Momma, 3 birds, Prince Mickey and Mallory, and finally 2 rats Janie and Mary.

TOP WEIGHT: 510

CURRENT WEIGHT: 498

GOAL WEIGHT: 300, still a high number, but i figure it is a good start for now

HEIGHT: 5'8 or 5'9 i can't remember :shrugs:

EYE COLOR: uhh... hazel

HAIR COLOR: red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Flint, Michigan
    WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I would say my biggest problem with weight loss is first motivation, i get discouraged and quit too soon. Another big problem is I live with my grandma and living with her is really hard.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am realizing that it is very very important that i lose weight. I am starting to run into a lot of health problems now that i am getting older and i really need to start resolviong the problem to get better.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? nothing that i can think of right off hand
  • Bio
    Everyone just copy and paste the following into a reply:

DATE: June 16, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bonnie

BIRTHDAY: Jan 26

MARITAL STATUS: Married-- 29 years on Monday

SPOUSE’S NAME: Lee

CHILDREN/AGES: Jason-27 Anne 26

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, gardening, kayaking, sitting in the backyard watching birds. Oh-- I love babysitting little ones--cuddles.

PETS: Maggie-- a sweet loving Westhighland terrier

TOP WEIGHT: 207

CURRENT WEIGHT: 204

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown with silver highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Coastal Virginia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Can't seem to stick with it. I get discouraged too easily. My depression/anxiety seem to send me back to comfort foods. There is a slogan that says: If you always get what you always got, why do you do what you always did? Why do I?

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It has to work-- I don't know if I can keep trying. I need to move on.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I want to be better.
  • New Member 100+ goal!
    DATE: June 23, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: BuffaloDream aka: Buffy!!!

BIRTHDAY: April 26

MARITAL STATUS: Married-- 5 years on June 10th

SPOUSE’S NAME: Ed

CHILDREN/AGES: Angela-21 Kristy-19

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Gardening, Fishing, My Pets, this dang computer been online since 1989!

PETS: Buddy beagle/sheltie mix 11, Jazzy tabby 3, Hydey calico 3

TOP WEIGHT: 293

CURRENT WEIGHT: 293

GOAL WEIGHT: 190

HEIGHT: 5'4 1/2"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: dark brown with blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Upper Peninsula of Michigan...eh!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My biggest problem is sweets. I have started a daily log of what I eat to keep track of calories fat and sugar intake. The cravings are bad but I am sure they will pass as time goes on. Healthy eating is the key!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Actually this is the first time I have dieted in my life. I have always been overweight, large frame and had excepted it as a part of my life.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I want to lose weight. I want to be more active. I want ot change my eating habits. I am a fun loving 40 year old female, love to smile ! Keeps me looking young!

Drink that water!!!
    Buffy!!!
  • DATE: 06/23/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Garbanzo Bean/Lisa

BIRTHDAY: Once I hit 35 I didn't have any more birthdays

MARITAL STATUS: Very happily married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Begins with a P and has 7 letters in his name

CHILDREN/AGES: No human children--just 2 furry felines--revealing their names would give me away

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: travelling, reading, cooking, travelling, reading, travelling some more

PETS: see above--2 furry felines

TOP WEIGHT: 177

CURRENT WEIGHT: 136

GOAL WEIGHT: Was 150 (lifetime reached October 1998), but since I'm below goal, I'm very happy!

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: right now, brown, my real colour is probably brown with a whole lotta grey

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Somewhere in British Columbia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sticking to exercise

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not depriving myself with the eating plan of WW--everything is allowed and I allow myself EVERYTHING!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Did I mention that I enjoy travelling?
  • Lisa.....Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am from British Columbia also....what part are you from?

Bobbie
  • Hi Bobbie-----

I live in beautiful Victoria! How 'bout you? I notice that your location says 'Northern BC' I love it up North! I haven't been up there since I was a teen, though so it there have probably been many, many changes.
  • I'm new!
    DATE: 6/28/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: KelBelle/Kelin

BIRTHDAY: 7/9/82

MARITAL STATUS: Single, never married

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: Children? Ack! I'm not ready for those!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Musical theatre (watching, not performing), reading.

PETS: Katie, an eight year old chocolate lab & Trixie, a five year old Jack Russell Terrier.

TOP WEIGHT: 195, rather than the "Freshman Fifteen," I gained the Freshman Forty-Five.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 141.5

GOAL WEIGHT: A year ago, it was 150 because that was the least I had ever weighed without doing anything crazy. But now I'm thinking 130 sounds good.

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: bluish-green, and they change sometimes.

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South Carolina

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My weight has always been an issue. As soon as I start to gain weight, I feel like there's no point in trying to stop it. I go crazy and start eating everything in sight because I feel like it doesn't matter anymore. For as long as I can remember, the way I think about myself has been based on my weight. I've always been painfully shy, and I continue to feel like other people don't want to talk to me because of my weight. I've always avoided leaving my house because of my weight. It's easier just to stay at home than to deal with the rejection from other people. Throughout most of high school I was bulimic, and I still suffer from a distorted body image. I'm assuming my body image is distorted anyway, because people keep telling me how thin I've gotten and I still feel like I look the same as I did fifty pounds ago. I mean, my sister weighs 27 pounds more than me and looks better than I do... In addition to the bulimia, in high school I started seeing a therapist for depression. I've taken both prozac and wellbutrin for it in the past, but I no longer take either.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not sure if I will be successful this time. I've lost 30 pounds in the past year and haven't gained back any of it yet, which is really good for me. I've never continuously lost weight for an entire year before. Generally, I'll lose for a couple months then gain for a while. I've never maintained any weight loss for more than a few months before, so I'm thinking that this is a good sign. Also, I've focused less on food and more on exercise.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I just don't want to obsess over my weight for the rest of my life. I would like to be happy with my body for once, and stay that way.