PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 195

CURRENT WEIGHT: 195

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'-6"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brown, though the white seems to be winning

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: san jose

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love sweets and fried foods (sometimes at the same time) and I hate vegetables

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm going to try this internet support group thing that I've heard so much about. I'm hoping that by having the group available 24/7 I won't be able to make as many excuses.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have never posted to an internet site like this. It's taken me three days to post this 'fill in the blank' message. Thank you all for creating this little village.
  • DATE: 2/22/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Katz3

BIRTHDAY: 12/20/72

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: daughter 4 & son 8

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: music, writing, & scrapbooking. Wow, I sound really boring!

PETS: 2 cats & 1 rat

TOP WEIGHT: 165, after my son was born.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 129

GOAL WEIGHT: 95

HEIGHT: 4' 9 "

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New York State

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have OCD, which effects the way I eat.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't want my daughter to have weight issues, I want her to learn good eating habits.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

COLOR=orangered]DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !![/COLOR][/QUOTE]
  • DATE: February 28, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Carolyn Lee Vehslage

BIRTHDAY: 3/1/1961

MARITAL STATUS: Married 15 years to a wonderful man

SPOUSE’S NAME: Peter

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Art, movies, sailing

PETS: 2 year old cat named Ashley

TOP WEIGHT: 160

CURRENT WEIGHT: 111

GOAL WEIGHT: It was 110, but now that I'm so close, I'm thinking I should try for 105.

HEIGHT: just under 5'1"

EYE COLOR: deep blue

HAIR COLOR: chestnut brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Jersey

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

Fear of regaining weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:

A switch in medications from one that greatly increased my appetite and me helped gain 50 pounds to one that sepressed my appetite and helped me lose 49 pounds and counting.

Having lived with depressive episodes since my early teens, I know that they always pass. At this point in my life, when I'm in a down cycle, it is only physiological. Meaning I'm able to block the 'bad thoughts' and go about my day. I wish it were as easy to block cravings and hunger pains.
  • DATE: 3/4/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Nikki2708/Nikki

BIRTHDAY: 2/7

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: too many to list! my hobbies change w/ the seasons, really.

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 292

CURRENT WEIGHT: 279

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Dark Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeast

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Commitment--to exercise, to eating healthy, to a positive outlook etc.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Weight loss and good health are no longer optional! I can no longer put a good quality of life on hold.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'll have my very own success story posted in no time. (and so will you!)
  • A new loser (hopefully!)
    Hi All-
    I'm completely new to this website and I am so amazed at this resource! I have been depressed for about 8 years, and am finding it much more difficult to lose and keep off weight in my middle age. Perimenopause has added a spare tire around my waist! Anyway, here's my bio:

DATE: March 12, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME:Moonface/Kathleen

BIRTHDAY: May 6

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

CHILDREN/AGES: One son, 9 yrs old

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Walking, cycling, animals, reading

PETS: Dog and bearded dragon

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT: 148

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blond

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Metabolism has slowed down

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have more time to prepare meals carefully and I can get support online!

I am having a hard time starting over again with a reasonable weight loss program. Signing on is the first step to motivate myself. I've had lots of losses this year and hope to resolve my grief.

I'm looking forward to reading postings.
  • Bio
    DATE: March 14 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME:ChantyKitty/Chantal

BIRTHDAY: January 10

CHILDREN/AGES: nope

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Swiming,Reading,Animals,Outdoors,Comedy Clubs,movies,travel

PETS: A spoiled Polydactyl Tabby cat

TOP WEIGHT: 285

CURRENT WEIGHT:280

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'5.

EYE COLOR: Blue-Green

HAIR COLOR: Auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Brunswick,Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: When I am depressed I eat alot,I am lazy,I crave sweets

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have joined 3fatchicks,I go see a therapist,count my WW points,I'm not giving up
  • DATE:
    April 06, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME:
    boingxfwip / Carrie

BIRTHDAY:
    December 10

MARITAL STATUS:
    Divorced

SPOUSE’S NAME:
    N/A

CHILDREN/AGES:
    Josh/12

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
    Music, writing, Scrubs

PETS:
    2 cats

TOP WEIGHT:

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT:
    125 ultimately. My first little goal is 300.

HEIGHT:
    5'4"

EYE COLOR:
    Hazel

HAIR COLOR:
    Brown

Disabled

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
    North Carolina

I use food as a crutch.

I finally had my "aha" moment.

Music is my life. It flows through my veins.
  • DATE: April 9th, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: HarPoe/Amber

BIRTHDAY: 5/19/88

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME: noooo

CHILDREN/AGES: nope

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, art, music

PETS: My beautiful Sheltie!

TOP WEIGHT: 181

CURRENT WEIGHT: hopefully it's below 174...haven't weighed myself since Wednesday.

GOAL WEIGHT: 135 to start

HEIGHT: 5' 2"

EYE COLOR: gray

HAIR COLOR: auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Austin, TX

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm bipolar. When I'm up, I eat. When I'm down, I eat!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm doing my damndest to find something to do with my energy and depression creatively rather than stuff my face.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a headcase? lol...I have a fairly rapid cycle, swinging once or twice a month. I also have problems with paranoia and irrational phobias. Sometimes I can't get out of my head...or get thoughts out of my head. I just have to distract myself a lot.
  • DATE: 4/9/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Zenor77

BIRTHDAY: July 5th

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Crochet, reading, cooking, collecting etiquette books (purely for social and historical reference), & spoiling my fur balls.

PETS: Mingus~7 month old Chihuahua-Terrier mix and Fiona~my 6 year-old 18 lb calico cat. Plus, two fish.

TOP WEIGHT: 230 (that was a few years ago~my recent starting weight was 212)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 175

GOAL WEIGHT: 149-ish, I honestly think that I will be happy anywhere between 145 and 155. A healthy BMI is 149 though, so I'm shooting for around that.

HEIGHT: 5'5 and a half (yes that half is important!)

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Depends on my mood~ Naturally it's blond

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Think Sideways

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Since I've been in the right frame of mind (i.e. once my stubborn streak kicked in) I've had a relatively okay time with weight loss. But it took a LONG time for me to get to a place where I felt like I could even begin. It's finally time to take care of me!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Same as above. I've gotten to the point where I feel "worthy" of paying attention to my welfare and not just everyone else's.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I've battled depression for over half of my life. It was really bad after my Mother died and I was hospitalized for a week. My Dad is gone too and life was really bad there for awhile. I made it through that rough patch with the help of friends and a really great psychologist. Since then I've married a wonderful man and have been relatively depression free for a few years, but now it's rearing it's ugly head again.
  • DATE: 4/15/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: pacemomof4/Paula

BIRTHDAY: 09/29/69

MARITAL STATUS: m

SPOUSE’S NAME: Dan

CHILDREN/AGES: 19, 17, 12, 8

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to swim and spend time with my family.

PETS: 2 dashaunds(sp?) Missy and Sammy. I also have 2 cats, Thomas and Doodle

TOP WEIGHT: 190

CURRENT WEIGHT: 178 maybe 180

GOAL WEIGHT: 130-140

HEIGHT: 5'3

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: red/blond streaks

OCCUPATION: Early childhood technician (2 yr old teacher, daycare)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pace, Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not sticking with the plan that I am doing. I am all gung ho for along time then I fall off.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am just fed up more than ever. I want to change my bad habits.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love talking and giving support. I love to meet new friends. One can never have too many friends.
  • DATE: April 16, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: mortalsolace/Hope

BIRTHDAY: December 27th

MARITAL STATUS: Single.

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A.

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, driving, reading, playing with my cat, looking into weight loss advice (seriously... though it rarely helps), sleeping (I love to sleep), shopping, etc.

PETS: I have 1 cat, she's pure black, and her name is Eclipse.

TOP WEIGHT: 235.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 230-ish.

GOAL WEIGHT: 130/140.

HEIGHT: 5'2".

EYE COLOR: Brown.

HAIR COLOR: Brown.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Bronson, Florida, USA.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have limited motion in my left ankle, but it's getting better as I stretch it out and do exercises the doctors recently gave me. Also, my depression is a major issue, because I eat to comfort myself (which I'm trying desperately to stop doing).

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've got access to exercise equipment, my ability to succeed at school is going to falter if I don't lose weight soon, my ability to get a job is effected by my weight, and my health is an issue since I'm getting into my adult years and it's statistically harder to lose weight as you grow older.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I desperately want to lose weight, and I don't expect it to be an overnight thing. I expect the initial weight loss to occur over a year or two, and then the keeping-it-off to be a lifelong struggle. Anything anyone can recommend/tell me, I'm open to.
  • Bio!
    DATE: April 16, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: noodleskadoodle/Sarah

BIRTHDAY: Sept. 15

MARITAL STATUS: Single.

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A.

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Art! Graphic design, pottery, animals, cooking, music/going to concerts, learning stuff, reading.

PETS: Beta fish-Oswald, cats-Sophie, Grace, and Noodle, dog-Jasmine

TOP WEIGHT: 210

CURRENT WEIGHT: 182ish

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-150, what ever feels better.

HEIGHT: 5'9".

HAIR COLOR: Brownish...

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: PA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love to eat most days. I eat healthily, but I just eat a lot. Also, it doesn't help that about 2 weeks out of every month I feel like I could just eat constantly...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Hopefully having some support and somewhere to go to when I just want to eat! I excercise daily and I am a very active person, but food is my vice. And that's somewhat obvious.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was at my highest weight about 3.5 years ago and lost 40 pounds. I gained 10 back, but have kept the rest off pretty easily. I'd like for another 40 pounds to just go away, but I know it'll take a lot of work. Somedays, I just feel like I don't care! I'm sure everyone has those days though!
  • Hi! Anybody like me out there?
    DATE: April 19, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: beccabelle/Belle

BIRTHDAY: Dec 12

MARITAL STATUS: Married.

SPOUSE’S NAME: Brian.

CHILDREN/AGES: 13 and 16 (Help Me, Lord)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music: singing, playing piano, guitar, road trips, movies, computer games, dancing, reading.

PETS: Kitties: Snickers and Authur, Dog: Lucybelle

TOP WEIGHT: I think it was 300
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 254

GOAL WEIGHT: 186.

HEIGHT: 5'12 1/2".

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: ID

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I eat to comfort myself and when I can't deal with my feelings (which is a lot)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My health is at stake. I don't want diabetes, cancer, heart disease. And it is making my depression much worse to be heavy.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I've been young, gorgeous and thin (years ago) but I've always FELT big, fat and awful. My self-esteem has been battered by depression and this fat, unhealthy body is a result.
  • I'm Erin. Nice to meet you and greet you.
    DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Erin Jayne/Erin

BIRTHDAY: Jan 8

MARITAL STATUS: divorced

SPOUSE’S NAME: Dan (bf)

CHILDREN/AGES: David/3

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: movies, music and lately making collages

PETS: Slim, a dumb dog I should've named Lamont

TOP WEIGHT: 270

CURRENT WEIGHT: 270

GOAL WEIGHT: 190

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Georgia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I had a blood clot in my leg after having my son. Now my leg swells painfully when I exercise, sit too long without it propped up, or the wind blows.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am nearing 300 pounds and I don't want to get there.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to chat on message boards.
  • hello!
    USERNAME/REAL NAME: moskau (I like Rammstein )

BIRTHDAY: trying not to think about it

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: exercise, activism, reading, Internet, video games

PETS: A fat and lazy tabby cat who is watching me type this

TOP WEIGHT: 190 (eek!)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 160

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'0

HAIR COLOR: pink

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: UK

A very bad experience with the happy pills (Remeron) which caused me to pack on three stone in six months. Oh, and BEER.

Changed pills to Celexa and I already lost 2 stone! Halfway through and now to shift the last part! I am determined to do it this time and find a new healthy way of living!

I joined a gym which is great and am getting plenty of exercise, now to the healthy eating part...