Depression Forum Bio's

You're on Page 11 of 38
Go to
  • Bio for little ghostlie / Meranda
    DATE: August 16, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: little ghostlie / Meranda

BIRTHDAY: May 28, 1982

MARITAL STATUS: Never married

HOBBIES: reading, writing, researching, learning simple programming languages, exploring libraries and bookshops, watching movies

PETS: My family has one male cat named Charcoal

TOP WEIGHT: 267

CURRENT WEIGHT: 267

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: dark

HAIR COLOR: dark

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: rural Nevada (ie not Vegas, sorry!)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm disabled and often too tired (or in too much pain) to prepare high-quality meals with fresh ingreedients.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm ready to take healthful eating with the measure of seriousness that it deserves. I need to eat to live, eating well should (and will) be a top priority.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was recently told by a therapist that I have probably been dysthymic for most, if not all, of my life. I have severe PMS that makes me suicidal the week before and during my menses if left untreated. When I was 13 I became ill with CFIDS (which I still have today). Needless to say, my illness contributes to an already depressed mood, resulting in "extreme" chronic depression. Between my physical and mental illnesses, it's hard to exercise and eat properly; I normally overeat and when I attempt to diet, it's very easy to go too far. I would love to meet people who have similar obstacles to overcome!
  • sherrys Bio
    DATE: 8/19/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: wannabe9 /Sherry

BIRTHDAY: 6/3/67

MARITAL STATUS: commited

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mary

CHILDREN/AGES: 21,20,19,7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: cooking, dancing,reading

PETS: yin and yang (cats)

TOP WEIGHT: 185

CURRENT WEIGHT: 155.6

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: hazle

HAIR COLOR: brunette

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tenneessee

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: depression and no eneregy

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I joined weight watchers..the support

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am a good friend and i am good for support
  • DATE: August 24,2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: 3Prettygirls / Tori

BIRTHDAY: July 22

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: RYAN

CHILDREN/AGES: Gabrielle almost 3 Abigail 18 months Camille 2 1/2 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love reading golf watching football sewing and playing with my girls

PETS: I want a puppy soon!

TOP WEIGHT: right now at 236

CURRENT WEIGHT: 236

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5'6''

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: black with red highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Atlanta GA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm an emotional eater and its been a rough 3 years

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have seen what obesity can do to the livelyhood of people around me. My SIL is morbidly obese and just this past weekend she almost died. The reality of it is I'm unhappy this way and i need to be a positive role to my daughters. It's time.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I really am serious about this and I truely hope to connect with people and make some lifelong and meaningful relationships. Oh and I'm usually not this serious at all!
  • DATE: 8/25/2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME:FloridaMichelle// Michelle

BIRTHDAY:6/26/72

MARITAL STATUS:Single and plan to stay that way!

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Working out when I muster up the energy to. Hanging out with my 2 dogs, volunteering at a local animal shelter and school

PETS: 2 Dogs, 3 years old each

TOP WEIGHT: 183

CURRENT WEIGHT: 182

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'4-5'5 5'8 on a good day

EYE COLOR: gray

HAIR COLOR: brown with highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Giving up the Mt Dew!! I only drink 1 a day, but I love the sugar

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm following The Zone and I really like it.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Ahhh, no
  • DATE: 9/11/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LoveBassets/Kate

BIRTHDAY: August 29th

MARITAL STATUS: single

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: traveling, writing, movies

PETS: 1 Basset Hound, 1 Bassador (Basset/Lab), 3 cats

TOP WEIGHT: probably 200 lbs, but the highest I ever was & WEIGHED myself was 189 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 149 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 139 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: blonde-ish

OCCUPATION: former teacher, now part-time vet tech & full-time student

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Littleton, MA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: getting my butt on the elliptical 3 times a week

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It's for life
  • My Bio
    DATE: 9/13/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: lovingmysailor/Tricia

BIRTHDAY: June 25th

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading,building my web sites, movies

PETS: 2 dogs- Duke, he's part german shepherd and akita and Luna, she's part chihuha (sp), terrier and cocker spaniel.

They remind me of the 2 dogs on Looney Tunes, Spike(Duke) and the little one (Luna) that is always jumping around bugging Spike

TOP WEIGHT: 217 as far as I know...could've been more just didn't know it

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200 lbs I think at least last time I checked

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: green/blue

HAIR COLOR: light brown

OCCUPATION: SAHM to 4, Proud Navy Wife (toughest job in the Navy) teacher (homeschool) and most recently, Avon Representative.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: San Diego, CA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: staying away from fast food and not being active enough

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It's for life

USERNAME/REAL NAME: scrunchkin=Heather

BIRTHDAY: Aug 2

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading,Writing,Spending time with family/friends

PETS: 1 Mini American Eskimo dog named nutter and a white cat named Squidgy

TOP WEIGHT: 291 at the beginning of the week

CURRENT WEIGHT: 287 this morning

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 pounds

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: green/brown

HAIR COLOR: medium brown

OCCUPATION: Stay at home mom to 3 children. 1 son, 1 daughter and 1 neice who came to us a year ago next week.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern Maine

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating enough calories to promote weight loss.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Hopefully the dietician that I see tomorrow.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU:
    Diagnosed three months ago with Bipolar 2. Tendency towards depression not so much hypomania. Obsessive Compulsive and fluctuating social anxiety. Some days I can do anything, other days everything is a challenge. Overall though I am a positive person. Hoping to make some friends here.
  • DATE: 9/16/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JustForUs - Cheree

BIRTHDAY: July 2

MARITAL STATUS: Living in Sin with BF

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Working out,Watching Hockey,Football,Makayla

PETS: 1 None...YET!

TOP WEIGHT: 255

CURRENT WEIGHT: 208

GOAL WEIGHT: 135 pounds

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: brown/green

HAIR COLOR: Darker brown.. chocolate

OCCUPATION:Office Manager For a Family owned Collision shop and Towing... Hair stylist. .on the side.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Good ole Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Im gonna have to say drinking.. Fast food, and MAKING time to excercise..

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Just sick of it. I feel so much better about myself and ready to feel even better now!
    ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: I have a WONDERFUL 1 year old whom I love to death and try spending every second with. I work A LOT! at least 55 + hours a week, and its time to buckle down and work out again.. I have been working out for a couple of months now, just need to control my eating now!

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Cheryl Powers-Embry

BIRTHDAY: 05/26/1957

MARITAL STATUS: almost married for 1 year!

SPOUSE’S NAME: Darin

CHILDREN/AGES: 3 grown sons, Shawn 31, Patrick 28 and Erik 25 and now I'm raising my 4 yr old grandson, Kobe.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I play bass guitar in a Blues Rock band called, '40'ish'

PETS: a big fat 16 lb black cat named Token!

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5ft 7in

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East of Kansas City MO

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Stress eating!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My doctor said my cholesterol and triglycerides were WAAAY too high.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am a manic depressive on medications that I feel hamper my progress with dieting. My Doc put me on a strick vegetarian diet, no dairy, no animal! Kinda hard for a meat and potatoes mid-western girl!
  • Welcome Cheryl!
    I felt I needed to welcome you personally, because your age & beginning weight are where I am right now! (I must change my signature soon!) I have gained alot of weight since I went on lexapro this past spring. @231 right now. Ugh.

I'm a stress eater, too! Nothing quite "comfort food" for comfort and HUGE THIGHS & BUM!!!

anyhoo.....
    welcome & you're an inspiration for me!

Karen
    DOB 1/19/57
    CW 231
    GW 145
  • Hello Everyone!!
    DATE: 10/08/2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Megan

BIRTHDAY: April 1st, 1979

SPOUSE’S NAME: Damon

CHILDREN/AGES: Hannah 7(soon to be 8), Aubrey 5(soon to be 6) Braden 4

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, music, darts, camping, hiking...

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 236

CURRENT WEIGHT: 164

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'10

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Light/Medium Brown with highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Indiana

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Patience..wanting fast results

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm tired of being tired and jealousy is a GREAT motivator. I'll no longer look at another woman and say gee I wish I could look like that..I actually got busy and am working towards it instead of just uttering words.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Just that I'm as serious as it gets this time around and I am going to reach my goal by December 31st, 2005 to ring in the New Year with a new happier, healthier me.
  • DATE: 10/9/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Aprylcadabra/Apryl

BIRTHDAY: 2-15

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, reading, movies, travel

PETS: 7 y/o golden retriever named Rose

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 230

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Brown

OCCUPATION: High school senior, clothing store clerk, babysitter

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Wisconsin, United States

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Basically I eat when I feel lonely or unwanted; and that's an awful lot. Also, my life is so fricken hectic that it takes A LOT to make time for myself.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really want to get to goal before I graduate. So, I have until June 4th to lose 70lbs, which I know is attainable if I WORK IT.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?: I'm an overachiever who can amazingly accomplish ANYTHING when it's for someone else, but when it comes to doing something for me, I fail fail fail fail. I need to prove this to myself.
  • DATE: 10/11/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: RYZMOM// Karen

BIRTHDAY: 1/19/57

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Spending time with dh & 2.5 yo son Ryan, reading, movies, cross stitch, walking, shopping

PETS: 19 yo DSH cat Jack, 3 Boston Terriers: Petey 3yo, brothers Larry & Buster 6months

TOP WEIGHT: 232

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'9"

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Fredericksburg, VA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I eat when I'm bored, stressed, lonely. I LOVE FOOD! And, although I know what foods are healthy, I am a junk food junky. My appetite has been ravenous since I was put on lexapro this past spring.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My doc took me off lexapro and put me on a prozac/topamax mix. At least now I'm not constantly ravenous.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?: Prior to 1999 when I got pregnant with my first son I weighed 135 lbs. and ran in NYC marathon. We lost our first ds when he was 3.5 months old due to congenital heart defects. For the last 6 years I found comfort in food. I'm ready to lose this weight!
  • DATE:10/14/2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Real name Teresa

BIRTHDAY: May 31

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: Refer to marital status

CHILDREN/AGES: Refer to pets

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Horses, computer, online games off line games, pool, check out guys i'll never have, finding new ways to laugh.

PETS: Mocha 7 year old Sheperd/collie mix, Paige 1yr old West Highland Terrier

TOP WEIGHT:257

CURRENT WEIGHT:215

GOAL WEIGHT:150

HEIGHT:5'5"

EYE COLOR:Green

HAIR COLOR:Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Texas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Depression eatting for comfort. If I find my happy zone I do great.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Look at the brighter side of life. I already reconize when my body says no more.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm pretty commical I have fail off the band wagon though. I had gotten myself down to 178 but gain back up to 215 and there is where I stop before I fully bloat. I had went from a size 23 to a size 10 but back up to a tight 14. I will out beat this EVIL
  • /panic!
    I'm actually opening up to people <.<; >.>;

DATE: 10-25-2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ChickinHouston/Sherry

BIRTHDAY: 9-28-1979

MARITAL STATUS: Happily married for 1 year on December 18th

SPOUSE’S NAME: Woody

CHILDREN/AGES: None...yet *grin*

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Computers, dancing, music, mmorpg games

PETS: 2 cats (Dutchy, and Tabitha)...well, they're really my children

TOP WEIGHT: 241

CURRENT WEIGHT: 221

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

HEIGHT: 5'6''

HAIR COLOR: Brown (I think...it's been awhile)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Houston, Texas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation and keeping with it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have my husband's support, and am actually trying to connect with other people who are going through the same thing I am.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am rather shy, and don't open up to people quickly. I do, however, want to meet people and make friends.